Sign in to follow this  
qoslaaye

SOMALI GIRLS

baby here is my input.

first for almost marying a jamaican or another race that is no no in our family book and if i even mention i am dead like bird or even before that my mom would cut of the thing if u know so that is triple no no no. there was somali girl that was found dead in menosota river and they said her white husband killed her and she was only 19 years old so u never know when something like that can happen.. scaryyyyy...

2-our culture is why we are different than the other ones so it's not harresment it's beutifull thing to be proud of it, i know i am.

3-talking about sex -for those who doesn't have husband well somehow they have get the info from someone mom,sis, or freind.

4-very very important and highly imp.

5-well couple of reasons like taking u'r time, waiting the right person,and for most just don't wanna be bothered by mariage.

6-deforcing -it can be one the sides but usualy it comes from the men sides coz after couple years they don't want face the consequenzes and race their kids or deal with their broblems all they wana do is run of to africa or somewhere else and have another wife to make it get way place and that can coz damage to family or even deforce his azz..

7-circumcision- it is cultural thing not religion and it's not a bad thing at all.... ;););)

Miriam1   

1--No, I would not out of personal prefrence, but his deen should stand above all.

2--No, I don't

3--It is not wrong to discuss sex with close female friends, to have proper knowledge is important.

4-- Very important.

5--Marriage is calaf.

6-- Divorcing was always the right of a muslima, i am not sure if my information is correct but before the marriage contract is signed the shiekh should ask if the two people who should be married, who desires to have the right of divorce. Now adays it automatically goes to the guy but the woman should be consulated.If there are problems in the marriage the woman has the right to request a divorce.

7--I dont agree with it, its mutilation and as we know mutilation is haram.

Hope to have helped.

1-WHY WOULD YOU EVER MARRY OTHER NATIONALITIES "JAMACIAN,AFRICAN AMERICANS...."

because Allah didn't say you can only marry Somalis! Besides, Somali men really need to learn their manners..otherwise they will not find a decent somali wife! I don't know why older Somalis have a phobia about jamaicans and african-americans. If they are muslims and what I'm looking for in a husband, I don't see why not? If we had been Somalia, it would've been a different story.

2-DO YOU THINK THAT THE SOMALI CULTURE IS A HARRASMENT TO YOU GIRLS?

Some parts are. I don't really think about it since I don't live in an all-out Somali cultured place. Besides, I can pick and choose what parts of my culture I want to practice!

3-WHY TALKING ABOUT SEX IN PUBLIC IS BECOMING NORMAL TO YOU GIRLS WHEN YOU SHOULD ONLY TALK ABOUT THIS WITH YOU HUSBAND?

Uhmmmm...did you have an experience where you ran into some girls talking about sex in public? Don't you know ease-dropping is haram ! Anyway, what made you think its "becoming" normal? I'm sure it had been like this for ages..and not a new phenomenon.

4-HOW IMPORTANT IS YOUR RELIGION WHEN DOING SOMETHING OR TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING?

Religion is very important...in all aspects of life..

5-WHY WOULD YOU DELAY MARRIEGE? 30+

To get education. To sift through men to find the right one. Whatever the reason, marriage does not have an age limitation, na'mean.

6-WHEN DID DIVORCING BECOME YOUR AUTHORITY?

Because now men know that if they mistreat their wives, there's a better option ;)

7-HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CIRCUMCISION, EVENTHOUGH IT HAS NO BASE IN OUR RELIGION?

Circumsion is a sad part of our culture...I think it should be exterminated from our country A.S.A.P. I just feel sorry that 7 year old girls had to go through this ordeal! :(

Hope this helped !! **shrug**

PS: Nin yaban, if you miss Somalia so much and are intimidated by educated and outspoken women, why don't you just go back there bruh?

QUOTE]Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

Qoslaaye, my other post still stands. We should round up all these women who grew up in America, and Canada ship them 2k miles to Kismaayo and Gaalkacyo. They'd learn to appreciate, and respect our culture.

Nin-Yaaban,

you must be high on a dope called women hatred, what's wrong with you? ease up on the women, they are your sisters,moms and the same one that makes you cry everytime you're with her.

and what is up with this whole KISMAAYO thing?

what do you know about KISMAAYO?

i am sure you're not from there because if you were from there you wouldn't have embarrased us like this.

i expect you to stop this fake hard man sort of image you using on women, whoever said to you that women love bad boys, well you are the example

of it (and NO) women don't like rude old man so

if you're as old as your photo then what happened to you, you should've known better than to chase all these juvenile girls around the forum all the time.

my point is as a guy from KISMAAYO we're known to be smooth lovers not as the agressive type of bullies

you're portraying us to be so quit this fake image and be yourself.

i am sure there are a lot of girls who appreciate a gentleman over a rude old player.

P.S i am talking to you as a friend because i would hate to hear that a guy from KISMAAYO is arrested for a child abuse, so bro i hope you take my advice very seriously.

Gediid   

Originally posted by SHAKA ZULU:

QUOTE]Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

Qoslaaye, my other post still stands. We should round up all these women who grew up in America, and Canada ship them 2k miles to Kismaayo and Gaalkacyo. They'd learn to appreciate, and respect our culture.

Nin-Yaaban,

you must be high on a dope called women hatred, what's wrong with you? ease up on the women, they are your sisters,moms and the same one that makes you cry everytime you're with her.

and what is up with this whole KISMAAYO thing?

what do you know about KISMAAYO?

i am sure you're not from there because if you were from there you wouldn't have embarrased us like this.

i expect you to stop this fake hard man sort of image you using on women, whoever said to you that women love bad boys, well you are the example

of it (and NO) women don't like rude old man so

if you're as old as your photo then what happened to you, you should've known better than to chase all these juvenile girls around the forum all the time.

my point is as a guy from KISMAAYO we're known to be smooth lovers not as the agressive type of bullies

you're portraying us to be so quit this fake image and be yourself.

i am sure there are a lot of girls who appreciate a gentleman over a rude old player.

P.S i am talking to you as a friend because i would hate to hear that a guy from KISMAAYO is arrested for a child abuse, so bro i hope you take my advice very seriously.

Shaka Zulu

I think there are enough girls in here who are not only smart but eloquent in presenting their thoughts.

Ranya   

1- Personally I wouldn't ever want to, cause stats show your more likely to suceed with your own people. Birds of the same feather stick together. However, it's the will of Allah and Islam never forbid it, so we can't either.

2- I think somali culture fortifies our confidence. I always thought our culture treated us with the respect women deserved.

3- It's not proper, but I havn't seen anyone yelling it out on the streets.

4- Islam guides our life.

5- It's the will of Allah. Nonetheless if a somali girl wants to choose only to marry a somali guy, it's so much more harder than other races, even if she's not picky.

6- It never has. Allah gave it to men to choose to divorce, but you guys always seem to let her have the authority at it.

7- Why be circumsized if it's not required in our religion, health practices or any other reason.