Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

I am not from that tribe

Listen to this marax's response in the audience.

It is a really nice video organized by Soomaali Minnesotan students, celebrating their culture.

That comment ruined the video.

A girl asks a man next to her, "What is this about?"

His response? "I am not from that tribe."

The disappointed girl's back, "Oh, I am sorry."

The ugly

starts in the 38th second. In the 38-41 seconds.

NB - I didn't know buraanbur had clans. It may have originated from some particular Soomaali region, but it is Soomaali-wide now.

bilan   

the guy was joking and you can hear people laughing and the girl saying good answer, it was all joke.

Foxy   

You know there could be another side to this story, which could be that the guy would simply have meant that he is not from that region, therefore not familiar with that folk dance in discusssion of that region, even though the way he have said it might have come accross as negative......

Cheers

Ebyan   

Originally posted by bilan:

the guy was joking and you can hear people laughing and the girl saying good answer, it was all joke.

Exactly! He was kidding around with the girl.

Castro   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

I didn't know buraanbur had clans.

It doesn't. Buraanbur and that dance in the video belong to us. That's right, us. :D

Sky   

The guy could have been joking. Every Somali knows buraanbur belongs to all. I don't think he's knowledgeable enough to know from which clan/region buraanbur originated from hence his answer: "I'm not from that tribe."

If he did mean it, than he's absolutely marax iyo nus.

Abaadir   

Yaa idin yiri buraan bur soomali buu ka dhaxeeyaa? It originated areas between galguduud to Boosaaso to buuhoodle. Jubooyinka iyo Gedo na waa laga cayaaraa. but now its a somali dance regadless where they live. do you guys think in baydhabo iyo jawhar laga buraan buro?

^^^ why not ma adaa u diiday buraabur baydhabo iyo jowhar. somaali oo dhan baa buraan burta.

But ,we don't know what he meant I am not from that tribe (????)

Sky   

Originally posted by Abaadir:

Yaa idin yiri buraan bur soomali buu ka dhaxeeyaa? It originated areas between galguduud to Boosaaso to buuhoodle. Jubooyinka iyo Gedo na waa laga cayaaraa. but now its a somali dance regadless where they live. do you guys think in baydhabo iyo jawhar laga buraan buro?

Buraanbur Soomaali oo dhan ayey uu dhexeysaa. And Reer Baydhabo and Jowhar buraanburka kama xigtid. The areas you mentioned is where it has spread also and not where it originated from. If you want to find out the roots of buraanbur, it is in presentday Puntland.

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

I didn't know buraanbur had clans.

It doesn't. Buraanbur and that dance in the video belong to
us
. That's right,
us
:D
Actually and personally, niiko is my thing. Buraanbur maba ii baxo. Islaamo waa weyn exercise ku jiro waaye. :D:D

Were you there?