Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Muslim Male Privilege Checklist

Blessed   

^Good thing your not a Muslim sister then or I'd tell ya to go and educate yourself. icon_razz.gif

I don't and that's all that matters. ;)

NGONGE   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ If ignorance were an Olympic sport, you would win the gold medal and then get disqualified for using performance-enhancing drugs.

Ashkiro,

You have not provided a link to the source of this article, saaxib.

Is it written by a neurotic and bitter woman or a far-sighted and very perceptive man?
:D

The first part of your post is a gem, Ayeeyo.
:D
But, you can't be serious on the second!?. I've read the source blog (jamerican muslimah) a few times and the sister is neither bitter nor neurotic. She's certainly not advocating for women leading prayers or any of that 'take away Islam' rubbish.

She hapepens to access mosques run by people like your neighbours in London. Those who maintain that either women shouldn't be allowed in the Mosque or they're made to pray next to the shoe rack. Shaikhs who are men first, Muslim second. It's a sad reality that exists in many western masjids.

My experiences in the ME have been pretty pleasant to date.
smile.gif
You used to be fast, ayeeyo. Maxa kugo dhacay? :D

I was only asking for a URL but couldn't help taking the micky by using the author's own words:

4. I can use my position as a sheikh, scholar or imam to perpetuate my own sexist, misogynistic beliefs as long as I incorporate those beliefs into my interpretation of the Quran and the Sunnah. When others challenge me about my beliefs I can use my Islamic education, command of the Arabic language and position in the community to effectively silence them.
If the dissenters are women, I can always make them seem crazy, emotional or neurotic
. I can also accuse them of being influenced by the West, Western secularism, Feminism or “the Kufaar.”

Johnny B   

My experiences in the ME have been pretty pleasant to date.

And it'll probably stay so.

Continued, an easily pleased Blessed. icon_razz.gif

Johnny B   

^So did i tried , it's kind of impossible to get him into trouble ever since Serenity&Val disappeared , it's like if the place developped some kind of 'stay clear from Ngonge' attitude. :D , exception is ofcourse Layzie, Goodness, i love you abti.

As to where you been , haven't i told you about my vissit to the 'Arab Emaraterna' (Abu Dhabi)?

I used to wonder if the covered women had hair, worse, my sister's Indian(Sirilankan) maid has to be fired( iwas told so ) becouse i coulden't stay away from the kitchen.

Blessed   

You thought they didn't have hair? God, they must have had a mass bad bang day. :eek:

Anyway, so what if the majority of the women were doning hijaab. It is a Muslim country, what did you expect? To be met at the airport by flower girls shaking their bazookas?

Waad iska hadlaysaa. redface.gif

I'm tempted to ask why you didn't stay away from the kitchen.. but I won't.