Sign in to follow this  
Cawralo

Dhaqan soomali - and it's sicknesses

STOIC   

I can not comment on the wedding issue since it is an isolated incident that doesn't call for lacerating our culture with terms like "sickness".But i do have a problem with the Jewish issue, how come we got emotional everytime a jew is mentioned?.Historically christians hated the Jews and now the muslims are hating everything that stands for Jew.I do understand the suffering they cause the poor Palestinian but don't you think sometimes we do take things out of context?.As a community we need to learn from the Jews how they attained the American Jewry which began in the 1950's when social restrictions were erased in America.I don't know where the above poster got the statistics that 95% of the Jews hate us but i do know there are some Jews(though few) who have shown disaproval of Israel occupying the Palestinian land. Israeli against house demolition

^Hey Lad Zeph, You signature is not funny!

Afrosomali..I think the guys black relatives were muslims

OK, Maybe the didnt want their son to marry a BLACK AFRICAN WOMAN!

Maybe.Just a maybe

Rahima   

I don't know who you are talking about and where you live that that has happened but i have never seen that. Not from any tribe and considering i have befriended all tribes i have never seen one do so!iam disagreeing with you, i think you have exaggerated on that one.

It happened and most probably still happens in Somalia. My parents used to see it for themselves- so no over exaggertaion.

Ask the older generation, many will attest to that and many just as sickening incidences.

You know, to be honest, most Somalis I know are racist. I have seen pious educated people who know on a superficial level that all people are created equally and should therefor be respected equally. But every so often, they will be prompted to display these deep-rooted irrationally racist beliefs which are contrary to the principles - I know - they adhere to.

My aunt is an educated progressive woman, but when faced with Chinese people, she will refer back to the belief of her generation that the Chinese are a people of witchcraft and who patiently wait for an opportunity to stuff poisenous snakes and dogs' testictles down your throat.

Also people constantly refer to black African people as adoon, which pisses me off to no end. I mean, whose adoon do they suggest they are? Aren't we all adoons, to Allah SWT anyway?

To their credit, when I correct them, Somali people tend to agree with me and they will acknowledge that racism has no place in Islam. The problem is that they tend revert back to the racist beliefs instilled in them by their parents and society, whenever their Islamic principles become less guarded.

Viking   

Cawralo,

I'm not sure I understood the story well so please correct me if I'm wrong; the bride is Somali while the groom is a mulatto (a Muslim? If not, do you see any problem there?).

I understood that you found the family of the bride to be quite asocial and didn't make use of their 'elbows' as you hoped they would. But weren't you disturbed with the more sinister things like the free intermingling of sexes, the dancing, consumption of alcohol etc., things that are forbidden in Islam?

Jacpher   

May be the "the were really dark" black reltives group were acting as MARTI. Meeshaad marti iska dhigtid martiyaad ka noqotaa.

Just out of curiousity! Would Xaliimos marry Somali Bantu (mushunguli, jareer) instead of non-Somalis? I used those terms to identify, not to offend anyone.

OK... so ... who cares?

Your basicly told us how some retarded people at some wedding worship whites and hate being black... what's that gotta do with the whole somali nation? How does that one observation apply to all the somali people in the world?

The Somali people I know hate whites and love africans. Many of them hate whites with disturbing emotion.

And that women that hates yahood... well, some yahood hate alot of people, and many people hate them back.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Would Xaliimos marry Somali Bantu (mushunguli, jareer) instead of non-Somalis?

Personally, if I have a daughter, and a Somali Bantu proposes her, as long as he's a practicing Muslim, I would bless them, insh'Allah. As for me, I wouldn't at all mind marrying a Somali Bantu lady. My criterium is being a practicing Muslim. What good is beauty, height, nasab, wealth and etc, without faith in Islam?

Gelle   

What do you mean by"Dhaqan Somali-And its Sicknesses" Come on dude! you sound like you got serious issues against Dhaqaanka Somalida, So what the served the white folkz? does that automaticly mean that they hate black folkz? you said it your self,that the grooms white relatives

were mingling around! duhhhh if you mingle around you will get to know more ppl and that my friend will buy you free servic.I do it all the time when i go to weddings, i get contact with ppl i dont know and then later on i aske them to go get me some Bariis and Hilib!

and about the jew thing? what can i say! you can hate who ever you wish as long as you dont hit em

Btw: i love your Name! my beloved ayeeyo is called Cawralo

shyhem   

Somalis like most pple of color are no different in their attitude towards the white folks.They will do anything to please the white folks for the simple reason that in return they will get validation from the white man.Its almost like their existence depends on the validation they get from the white man.Very sad indeed.

that the grooms white relatives

were mingling around! duhhhh if you mingle around you will get to know more ppl and that my friend will buy free servic.

Bingo!.

^^^ i don't see it as sad, i actually think it's quite profound..we must seek to be free'd from this racial mentality imposed on us by the white "pink" man.

Ps: excuse by Jumpo Shrimp!

asxantu

Castro   

.... for the simple reason that in return they will get validation from the white man.Its almost like their existence depends on the validation they get from the white man.Very sad indeed.

I agree. It's been my experience though that the people who need validation from whitey the least are Somalis. You see, our pride coupled with our ignorance and individual intelligence creates a toxic mix for any culture. We hate whitey but only as much as we hate every other race. Including other blacks.

Asians, Arabs, and to a lesser extent Latinos, try hard to impress whitey. We don't. We don't give a flying f%ck about whitey. Whitey can kiss our collective and individual a$$es.

That's my laba kumi iyo taano!

Ofleh