Sign in to follow this  
Cawralo

Dhaqan soomali - and it's sicknesses

Cawralo   

Why are we somalis such racists?

Sometimes it feels like even the dumbest of the rednecks are more civilized.

I've been annoyed all day, mainly over two things.

Yesterday, I was at a distant friends wedding. The guy she was marrying was half black half white. So during the wedding, his white relatives were mingling around, and ppl were friendly to them. A woman who lives near me even yelled at her daughter (gorgeous, mashLah) and introduced her to one of the grooms white relatives. She was like: naaya imoow!. And then she turns to the white guy and says "this is my daughter".

Meanwhile, the grooms black relatives (the were really dark) sat at the enterence, they never once left "their spot". When the food was given out, no one brought them bariis and kimis..no one spoke to them. Walahi I didn't even see them on the actual dancing floor or anything, whilst the white ppl were getting their groove on to "woow woow". It was like the embodiment of white supremacy and black inferiority..in on room, you could see the answer to everything that in wrong with Somalia.

And the other thing..today, whilst out waiting for the bus, I saw another somali neighbour. As always when Israel is brought up, she started talking about jewish conspiracies..I was like, uhum, what's new in the somali universe :rolleyes: But the thing that really made me go mad was when she said "yuhuuda waa nacbahay"..I mean naceeb..like hate....??! How could you claim to hate an entire ethnicity? And what makes your claim more rightous than that of the KKK when they say that you're worthless..the Quran??

What's wrong with us??

Haddad   

Originally posted by Cawralo:

What's wrong with us??

Not much. We just need to be more Islamic, and less Western or liberal. It's being Western or liberal that promotes being racist. Proof? Your very statement:

It was like the embodiment of white supremacy and black inferiority..

Emphasis: white supremacy.

dawoco   

Sis, your views are quite moderate for a Somali ma is tiri :D

his white relatives were mingling around, and ppl were friendly to them

Meanwhile, the grooms black relatives (the were really dark) sat at the enterence, they never once left "their spot"

Let's take a different pov to your sympathetic one, how dare those black relatives snub the wedding that way?! How disrespectful, that they should sit aside and look with distaste on their fellow blacks, while the whites have no problem mingling with us. Kibir badanaa, wasn't our girl good enough for them?!

When the food was given out, no one brought them bariis and kimis..no one spoke to them.

I don't know the types of weddings you have attended before, but the ones I know, people who sit away or waaaay behind in the hall never get food, regardless of them being Somali or not. Also, the groom's family usually isn't really active in our weddings, so since the bride's family wouldn't be expected to play butler to the grooms if they were somalis, I don't see why they should on the black relatives.

the thing that really made me go mad was when she said "yuhuuda waa nacbahay

You should watch a documentary on the suffering inflicted on palestine by the jews, you too would feel appalled at seeing how fellow Muslims are treated by the jews. And tho I'm not saying all jews aprove of it, many don't mind as long as their "promised land" is safe and secure. Israel has a strong support base abroad, so no matter what horrible actions they take, they will always get away with it. Marka wax la noco weey yihiin.

Sometimes it helps looking at things from all angles before becoming overtly pc. smile.gif

Sky   

Holy Moly, how did we land from here:

the grooms black relatives (the were really dark) sat at the enterence, they never once left "their spot". When the food was given out, no one brought them bariis and kimis..no one spoke to them. Walahi I didn't even see them on the actual dancing floor or anything, whilst the white ppl were getting their groove on to "woow woow". It was like the embodiment of white supremacy and black inferiority..

to here:

in on room, you could see the answer to everything that in wrong with Somalia.

I mean like...wtf? :confused:

What's wrong with us??

Dostoyevsky syndrom. We have a lotta selfhating Somalis amongst ourselves.

hmm! whats wrong with this pic!! hellooo! i dont see no faraax mentioned here!! and its a wedding!! (biting my knuckles))

so sista when u getting married to the blk guy?? :mad:

Castro   

Originally posted by Cawralo:

Meanwhile, the grooms black relatives (the were really dark) sat at the enterence, they never once left "their spot". When the food was given out, no one brought them bariis and kimis..no one spoke to them. Walahi I didn't even see them on the actual dancing floor or anything, whilst the white ppl were getting their groove on to "woow woow". It was like the embodiment of white supremacy and black inferiority..in on room, you could see the answer to everything that in wrong with Somalia.

Assuming your description is pretty accurate, what have you done to accomodate the "really dark" guests? May be that's all it takes. You know, the herd mentality. All you need is one person who knows better to get the situation straightened. If I was anywhere near that wedding, I'd be hanging out with the "really dark" people. At least I know for sure they know how to dance. White people convulsing on a dance floor is the last spot I'd want to be seen at.

Seriously though, that is human interaction at display. A show of arrogance, ignorance, shame, self-loathing and all around narcissism. Just another day at a Somali wedding (or any wedding, for that matter). The blame is squarely on the hands of the bride's family who made no effort to accomadate the groom's family. That Somali family is probably a nasty one to marry into.

As for hating Jews, I think it has a lot to do with Islam (or the lack of understanding it).

What is really interesting is that the loudest, most obnoxious Somalis are also the most ignorant. Ain't that a b!tch?

Ofleh

FatB   

you now sis tipically those who anlilise and re-anilise are usally the bewhitled and aragent ones (no offence intended), i believe we as somali people have a unique character that bindes us together and at the same time pulles as apart. our compation and carring is equally matched by our fierce pride.

on the point of racism, personally i prefer to call it "prejudging with contemp" lool

and for the jews, allah subxaana-laa-watacaala has inflicted upon his curse (and francky i hold nothing less to them)

It is succks that somalis would be racist towards the blacks while nice to the whites. They should hate them equally. :D

A woman who lives near me even yelled at her daughter (gorgeous, mashLah) and introduced her to one of the grooms white relatives. She was like: naaya imoow!. And then she turns to the white guy and says "this is my daughter".

This kind of a lady disgust me. They suffer from inferiority complex wallahi. A shame to the somali name.

But the thing that really made me go mad was when she said "yuhuuda waa nacbahay"..I mean naceeb..like hate....??!

Abaay there is nothing wrong with hating jews. My university is 65% jews and I can easily say I hate their guts. Why? Because they hate muslims and work hard to create problems for muslims, including you(that is if you are muslim).

By the way, why are you type not concerned with somalis hating and killing one another but cry foul when you see somalis doing the same thing foriegners? :confused:

Rahima   

The incident of the wedding is no surprise sister. Don’t forget, Somalis are the same the people who wash dishes like they would with a dog after their fellow Muslim brother/sister had eaten from it because there hail from tribe X. These are a people who share a religion, culture, language and we treat them like this, why then the surprise over foreigners? Somalis generally are racist, just watch for their vocabulary.

As for the issue of the jews, I suggest you read a book titled Al-wala’ wa’l-Bara’ authored by Muhamaad Saeed al-Qahtani. It will clear up many issues

smile.gif

Sky   

Jason I agree that that kinda woman makes my stomach spin 360 (good thing there are not many of those creatures), but hating Jews aint right bro. WE muslims are not allowed to hate a whole people, but we hate their racist idea called Zionism, which is killing and oppressing innocent muslims.

The reason probably why the black family, was not happy could be as simple as, them not wanting their son to wed an AFRICAN MUSLIM WOMAN. They could have been bitter parents and family members. To add on that, like DAWACO said, the family of the girl pretty much runs the show. It’s always a tug of war in Somali weddings. Its not surprise, I wouldn’t call that sickening.

Relax, it’s a harsh world, you will see people who hate others because they like eating cheetos instead of say OREOS.

Besides, you can not say the Somali Dhaqan is sickening simply based on a silly wedding.

Cawralo   

Dawaco, I hear what you are saying, I almost had to kick someones *** to get my xalwo, but still,how come the white relatives got the food without even leaving their seats? And also, like someone said, judaism is not(like certain branches of) zionism.

Rudy..I didn't see any faraxs in there..which is even more annoying. All the sheekh been been all the sudden didn't mind white dude (one in particular, looked drunk) running around in the kitchen. And to your Q, ma waxaa ka wadaa someone as black as you? icon_razz.gif

Ofleh, if only I had courage enough to do what you say. I suppose as a bystander, I was no better.

Afrosomali..I think the guys black relatives were muslims.

Saalixa   

Rahima

Don’t forget, Somalis are the same the people who wash dishes like they would with a dog after their fellow Muslim brother/sister had eaten from it because there hail from tribe X.

I don't know who you are talking about and where you live that that has happened but i have never seen that. Not from any tribe and considering i have befriended all tribes i have never seen one do so!iam disagreeing with you, i think you have exaggerated on that one.

Cawralo every ethnic group has good and bad ppl no matter who. So don't tell me Jews don't hate our guts because 95% do. If they weren't then palestine wouldn't be in the condition it is today YES OR NOOOOOO???????? when it is clear and thier leaders and public have shown themselves how much they hate us. Little palestinian children are dieing infront of them everyday and cannot go to school, while thier ones are safe guarded and secure by their weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION! No jew is making any difference or letters of complaints in AMERICA or israel.IF they did then some small tiny miracle might have occured on the gaza boreders atleast.

I have seen racist people that are not somalis and yes they were worse so i think you should see other individauls from non african cultures too.

Originally posted by Haddad:

Not much. We just need to be more Islamic, and less Western or liberal. It's being Western or liberal that promotes being racist.

That old song. Somalis were racist long before they stepped on to Western Soil, so please change the record for once. You've played it ad nauseam.