Sign in to follow this  
Curly

London Nomads

Rahima   

I not just wary of terrorist but also the potential backlash that made result from yesterdays events. Is anyone else out there planning to go out this weekend or am I the only paranoid person here?

I'm sure you're not alone and your concerns are justified. Unless it is a necessity sister, stay at home until these feelings subside, especially if you are hijaabi.

I mean even all the way in Australia the backlash has already started, imagine London.

London is empty. Almost like a ghost town. But there is no backlash and I genuinely don’t expect any. Ignorance isn’t the norm in London or for that matter among the British masses.

I think you’ll feel what you want to feel… don’t be paranoid. People are as normal as they were two days ago.

Just stay out of the way of the usual ASB displaying yobs n chavs (chav = council house and vulgar…that’s what I read it stands for…!! :D ) etc.

Afro,

Morning Zeph!,How are yall Coping today?

Its been pretty quiet. The attitude seems to be 'business as usual'. Not a bad thing. I was expecting silly arguments and long speeches but talk of yesterday has been confined to comparisons of our journeys home last night and the statistics of fatalities so far.

Sue,

I wouldn't worry. I don't plan to get further than the local supermarket this weekend, but thats only because I need to catch up on some badly-needed sleep. If you have important plans, there's no point in canceling them. But you should probably keep an eye on transport updates...I think a lot of lines will be operating a reduced service.

FARIID   

London nomads just wanted to know if your lives or routines have been changed in any way but these unfortunate incidents.

As for me i think I have become somehow paranoid. I took a bus this morning and the number of times i looked under the seat for packages. Carrying a bag, i thought everyone was looking at me thinking he could be one of them.

Also does anyone know how to get to Hammersmith without catching the ill-fated number 10 :D ?.

Like all of you, I'm not sure how to respond to what happened yesterday seing all those bloodied innocent black nosed people with blood flowing freely composed of all sorts of humans. I was actually supposed to jump on the train today and somehow my alarm clock was timed at 9PM rather than 9 AM so I ended up missing the appointment and ended up waking after the first blasts. I feel a great many emotions and I am struggling to make sense of them. Well we tend to say when your day arrived you have no choice but pack it and alxamdulilaah most of the nomads are ok and safe. I hope and pray that Diamante gets well too as she somehow had anarrow escape.

I just wanna thank all the normads who managed to both email/call me as well as the special ones who managed to have athought for my safety as well as the ones who live here. I thank you all esp. Pyscho, OG girl, Pacific, Raula, shujui Tamina and all those I havent mentioned. Its good to have this family for sure. Lets keep the faith and pray for all those who are dead and imjured and ofcouse those who will have to face the aftermath of it all.

Do look after yourselves folks

-Lily-   

I got on the tube this morning and it wasn't as full as it usually is. I think a lot of ppl stayed at home. It was difficult reading the papers, didnt help much.

Sue, you have nothing to apologise for or fear.

Rahima, there was an old man in a khamis and hat and beared, ppl kept staring at him, it made me so mad, he wasnt even carrying anything? Justa piece of paper, I swear I was about to shout at the man sitting opposite me who moved away from him as if he was a disease.

Keep your heads up, the last thing you need to do is hide like you are guilty of something. Having said that, stay safe, pleanty of ignorant people out there who will take advanatge of this.

N.O.R.F   

ameen to all the prayers for our dear sister Diamante!

Today was businessas usual, the usual traffic build-up in the morning around Kings Cross and St Pancras, i drove past the station along Euston Rd and to my left was the road where the bus exploded. Camera crews doing early morning reports, ppl being interviewed, forensics, armed police, all an expected sight.

No discussions on who did it but like Zeph said comparisons were made on journeys home and then back to work. This is when you realise just how calm brits are in a crisis. As soon i got into work i was asked "are you and the family alrite"? which was nice.

glad to hear the rest of the crew have checked in and being ok and life in the city of london is bustling as normal. Alhamdullilah.

QL, I can only imagine how it feels like. Ive seen burn victims and I know how it aches inside seeing the victims. We cant run away from destiny we can only pray for a 'Good' Khatim when the time comes.

Fiamanillah

Senora   

Originally posted by Northerner:

This is when you realise just how calm brits are in a crisis. As soon i got into work i was asked "are you and the family alrite"? which was nice.

The stoic demeanor of the Brits was surprising, to say the least. With that, I have to agree with Athena, i dont expect a strong "backlash" to happen either. It could be the culture, coupled with the post- 9/11 aftermath against muslim in North America, that might have sparked such reaction.

Warmoog   

It is great to see most of you London nomads are safe. I wish sister Diamente a speedy recovery.

A few words of advice: Compared to the might of Allah (swt), there is really very little other human beings are capable of doing to us. So please try to keep any fears you may have of a potential backlash in moderation.

Salaama

STOIC   

how did this thread skipped me?...i wish sister Diamante a quick recovery, may Allah give courage her family during this difficult time!.

Rahima   

Rahima, there was an old man in a khamis and hat and beared, ppl kept staring at him, it made me so mad, he wasnt even carrying anything? Justa piece of paper, I swear I was about to shout at the man sitting opposite me who moved away from him as if he was a disease.

Alxamdullilah he wasn’t physically abused, but I can see how frustrating it must of have been for both him and you witnessing it. Inshallah it will subside soon till then may Allah keep the resolve of the Muslims strong because ones faith is surely tested at such times.