Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

How were you proposed/did u propose

Malika   

^The proposing? Is that how you proposed Ngonge?

I honestly cant remember how mine was,who did what and when,it just happened. We were childhood sweethearts,and at aged 20 no questions asked, love ruled.

Ah! memories.

In Somali shukansi isn't it assumed that you proposed by default as soon as the shukaansi starts .. and after a year or so the wedding plans begin with or without your input ... and if that is not the case dacwaan qabaa I was strong armed a few times redface.gif

thankfully though my iskaabulinimo is still intact :D

Haneefah   

Or by email. I agree with NG - simple, really. Dumarku waxey kiiska isaga waalaan baa iga yaabiyey.

I feel for men and the amount of bs they put up with.

Malika   

GJ@A whole year balaa sugaa? :eek: ,I thought a month is sufficient enough time to give the dude to make up his mind..lol icon_razz.gif

Aaliyyah   

Haneefah ka ku soo doonta ilaahay ba ka baryay in uu email kusoo diro..and then am sure markaas fahmasa waxa kiiska la iskaga wali as you put it hehehe salaam

:D @ Malika .... 1 month aa ... qoor sagaaro halagugu qabto ayaad wadaa.

Haneefah that was my standard operating procedure the good thing it saves from having to go through all these fairy tale proposal .... but im liking the sound of this two step process minus the bended knee of course.

Haneefah   

^Lol.

Aaliyah, I've seen all kinds of 'soo doonasho' styles, dear - I tell ya, emailing is a big time saver :D

These western cliches make me sick.

Some pragmatism and logic is needed - if you were seriously considering each other for marriage to begin with, there shouldn't be a need for a second proposal, is there? smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

I dont know sis...am all for "I love u" kinda proposals. Makes everything more worthwhile as oppose to...naa dee u are ok aan isku guursano ..am sure there are million ppl who are ok...I need him to say what makes me unique...naa wa ku jeclahay sidana tahay sideera tahay...shekadu inta kuma dhama...wa ku taataabanaya uun haneefah sis hehehe

ilaahay mid email isoo dira wax iguma daro lol

salaam

LoL @ Nuune. As usual the moral of your story is love = broken bones/death. :D

I don't know about the bended knee and related stuff but I do think that at some point (preferably before the family is approached) the guy should ask the girl if she wants to marry him - out of courtesy.

Kool_Kat   

My fav aan maqlo was:

Guy: "Fiiri intaa meel adna lacag ka dhiibi leheed, ana meel kale lacag ka dhiibi lahaa, maan is guursano aan wax wada save gareysanee?" :D

This whole marriage proposal thing is over-rated walahi...Women watch way too many movies/soap operas to expect anything special when the guy proposes...Ladies hurdada ka kaca...

For me, I guess we both knew after a year and half of dating where our relationship was headed...And the next natural thing to do was get married...Saa ana waan soo taagnaa, isagana meelna uma dhaqaaqeyninee... :D

Malika   

KK, am so aware of your self confidence,haguu uu daaqaqii lahaa dee ..lol..Mashaallah!

Val- Those kind of proposal are rare now days, most couples iyagaa melahaasi iskuu helaan,so the meeting with family is the next step forward to getting the deal sealed or just to formalise the process.

Haneefah   

Aaliya, waan ku fahansanahay xabebi, even we follow that line of thought where a proposal is necessary, the poor guy will have already passed that whole 'pour his heart out' stage by the time he reaches the proposal stage, isn't it?

Calaacal bores me :D

Anyways, I shall not ruin your fantasy proposal. MAy Allah provide you with one who proposes on a bended knee while serenading you. Ameen dhe. ;)