Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

How were you proposed/did u propose

Aaliyyah   

^^am sure love exists without getting intimate. Those who think love is just getting intimate, are the ones who usually get divorced...love is deeper than that or so I hope dear sister :D

p.s. there's such thing as halaal dating...you can get to know a brother while drawing the line and making sure you don't do anything unislamic.

MZanzi   

lol@say walaahi ..

I don't like 'cheesy' proposals laakin the brother was so creative intaasba hadu isla helay

Kuwo ayaa isdhahao abaayo waqtiga waa nagu socdaaye weysado hadaan isku dhoorano kawaran

Although I do have a cute story about a friend's proposal - she walked into her house on Valentine's day and found a rose on the doormat and a trail of rose petals, which she followed through the house and out onto the terrace where her boyfriend was waiting on one knee. redface.gif ) Lovely.

Ibtisam   

^^^^that is kind of spooky.

Aaliya: who said anything about intimate :confused: I asked how one can be expected to love you completely without knowing you fully and while staying within the allow limits (i.e. only speaking to you infront of your wali, hence severely limiting freedom of speech)

Aaliyyah   

lol@ waqtigu wuu nagu socdaa looooooool ta ogolaata ka daran ma istidhi..

It's ok to go out with a brother in a public place..and as long as you both are religious and know your limit inshallah everything will work out.... ;)

Aaliyyah   

lol ibti I will look it up....bt "alacmaalu biniyaat" which roughly translates everything is based on our intentions...

what harm can come out of just talking to someone while drawing the line....

anyhow you want a prove i will look it up...see if i can find anything :D

salaam

Baluug   

A thread full of women talking about marriage proposals, this shoiuld turn out to be interesting :D I'm guessing we might soon have to change the title to "unrealistic expectations" :D

As for me, I don't remember how I proposed, but it wasn't like DD's experience, nor was it like Aaliyah's expectation(chuckle), but somewhere in the middle.

Pujah   

I got a ring in a banana split ice cream - don't know how he got the DQ employee to put it in there - it was totally unexpected and so romantic. Sadly we never got married.