Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

How were you proposed/did u propose

Fabregas   

i just sent er da pm, waitin for da response right now: And my pm went sumtin like diz:

sc walal, waz gwanin? me likes ur hijab and da way you talk, as well as ur deen. How about manz chat 2 ur father and we hook up, halal style.

scwb- chat 2 ya 2morow laterz.

Aaliyyah   

Haneefah lol aaamin sis...and no he didn't pm me, he knows i dont do email proposals (am all 4 the knee proposals remember)...am sure he has his eyes on all the sisters that were for it like *clears her throat* :D

Bess.   

Aaliyah walaal its all about personality, and i am sure the man u choose to marry will know what is appropriate with u.

I cant imagine my husband on his knees to anyone(and i like that, he is proud).

Our proposal was just great for me,

Because i am so busy with school...we couldn't really go out a lot, i would get off around 10pm or sometimes the middle of the night. so we always improvised on what to do together, generally we just got some dessert at whatever restaurant is open late, i always need chocolate after a long night. One night he picked me up from the hospital late, right before we got out of the car, he said he wanted to tell me something...he has been acting nervous and weird the last couple of days...i thought he was swamped at work or needed some attention or something.

The actual proposal was kind of surreal to me, i swear he delivered a whole speech in Somali(i forget all Somali when i get nervous)...how he couldn't imagine marriage to anyone else, or want anyone else to be the mother of his children...so on and so forth. It was sincere and beautiful....and then we got some great chocolate cheese cake....the best night ever...simple smile.gif

Pucca   

He was wearing a white khamees and we were sitting in the lecture hall, me on one side and him on the other (halaal issue) ...and during the break...he slipped a note that said

"help me lower my gaze, marry me" . *sniff* sweetest proposal ever, i accepted ofcourse.

*blows a kiss to the korean love*

Aaliyyah   

Bess that was beautiful sis...note he said he couldn't imagine marriage to anyone else, that shows he loves you. It's alright I suppose going down on your kneee is not a must. That's one perfect proposal sister, nothing simple about it not to mention you said it was a long speech :D

Pucca lol@ help me lower my gaze and then you accepted right? such a great muslim sister...what a lovely proposal icon_razz.gif

Pucca   

^thanks huuno, it was quite touching.

che, you're speechless eh? i was too...and ofcourse my silence was my answer (i did ofcourse say yes later when i was able to speak).

Bess.   

Thanks walaal Aaliyah it was romantic...thanks...maybe the speech wasn't as long as i thought at the time...i was a little excited... :D

Pucca, wow...i can't get over how sweet, modest and romantic the whole experience sounds...i wish you guys a long, and blessed lives together.

J.Lee   

^Did he stutter horta? (Cheap shot I know)

Please say yes. I wanna liven up the story for my nephew/niece insha'allah.

He doesn't have to get on his knees but I do expect him to ask for my consent before he approaches the family.

I don't care how he proposes as long as it is memorable.

say wat!! i gotta get down on knees! how that hell does one do that!! can u show me....plz lol.

down here! gal asks...last time 2x i heard that.. them gals said 2 me...hey..huh..u wanna get married...u know, i was just chilling in the sitting next to them in the sofa... stay away from there, if u dont wanna here them words!

i go..hell yah..lets do it...why spoil a magical moment..u feel me. some how, they dissappeared. so i am single now. They couldnt come up with their part of weeding money!! i told them both..call me when u got your 50% of our wedding expense. its only fair...right.

anyways...3rd time could be charm..right!! lool. i got hot date for new yrs... a freaking colllege mali gal... but shes also a business women! this is gonna be our 2nd meeting in 6 months lool. She can only call me on the weekends since she lives in another cali city..hey..a man is gotta do what a man is gotta.. i gotta work during week days. Hey..i get up at 5am and come home at 9pm!

Will check her income sheet in new yrs!! if shes viable..then jig is up. she looks ok since...she rents her own place and takes care of herself...then, we should be game.

wish me luck!! i like this one! she got a very good heart. me like good heart babes!!

Khayr   

u know, i was just chilling in the sitting next to them in the sofa... stay away from there, if u dont wanna here them words!

Rudy, dem are words of wisdom...stay away...wayy wayyy! lol

Rudy saxib, I hope u settle down and wish u the best of luck homie.