Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

How were you proposed/did u propose

Urban   

This proposing-on-knees business wouldn't work for the religious folks horta, if you notice all the gaalo they kiss or embrace each other after the guy stands up, it has some sort of a climax. What about the religious muslim brother, he'll get up and then what?.. dust off his knees or.. *awkward*.

What happened to taking the girl's permission to ask her wali for her hand in marriage..?

Ibtisam   

URban, I could not agree more. I think Muslims are getting confused trying to mix the normal society expectation of romance and obviously a Muslim practice.

Islamic proposals do not go to the girl, in fact the proposal is accepted via your family.

Also, I am confused about how the more liberal yet supposed Islamic Somali dating process goes; if you meet a guy and he says lets talk about marriage (i.e. if with the view of getting married) Then really he does not need to propose, once you discover you are compatible, because you was already only speaking or taking the process of marriage. A proposal makes sense if you are just dating someone because you like each other and then they realise they want to be with you (hence the surprise/ unexpected) But no self respecting Muslim sister is going to say he proposed out of the blue. I mean huh? No he did not, you guys were only ever looking to fast track things into a marriage and he approached you the first day for the purpose of marriage.

Lol che you are too much! LOL

Miriam1   

^ You right, it wouldn't be out of the blue. But perhaps a reaffirmation of his decision, is what is expected from that final (romantic) propsal.

underdog   

Isn't the method of proposal an irrelevant issue?

As a woman, wouldn't you know before the proposal if you were going to say yes or no.

Wouldn't it be safe to say if your answer is dependent of the delivery of the question, you have bigger issues to worry about than the whole bended knee presentation?

Khayr   

If my memory serves me correct,

the reer me style is buud ba gaabada logu dofta

waana laafduuba. Kaadeb, a few days later the magic question question is popped to the girl's family - Waryaadha, iiseeya inaanteena! Now that is romantic ! :D

nuune   

^^^ Anigu waxaan aqaanaa mid dhabar dhabar inta uu u seexday sidaas ku propose gareeyey gabadhii uu jeclaa in muda dhan 3 week.

Marka proposingku kuma xirna qaab iyo ama xeelad iyo si kale toona, sidaad doonto ayaad sameen kartaa, some people even go as far as goin naked and nuts to propose to their ladies.

I know this guy, waqtigii uu gabadha la socdey ayaa aad u batey, 15 sano ayey sheekadu maraysaa la iskuna jilba murxey iyo qadaad, kaliya waxay gabadhu intaas oo sanadood sugeysay when would he propose to you, wey daashey, inkaar qabahana danahiisa maba ahan waxan oo dhan, wuxuu is yiri mar hadaad ceyshkii oo qamiirsan heesato maxaa propose iyo buraanbur kuu soo arkey go'i waa,

waxaa dhacdey in ninkii uu damcey ugu dambeyntii si la yaab leh inuu ugu sheego his proposal, wuxuu iska soo tuurey dabaqa afaraad ayadoo hoos taagan markaas yirina, inta uu u yeeray yiri ubaxaas qabo, ubaxii baa dabeel dhinac u yara tuurtey, suu is yiri qabo, oo dabeesha ka daba orod ubaxa la ordeysa, halkii buu ku jajabey dhulkana ku soo dhacey, meydkiisina iyadaa ugu horeeesay wax qaado,

sheekadan shaahid baan u ahaa