Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

Asra Nomani Confronts her Mosque...

Caveman   

I was watching CNN in the wee hours of the morning when I saw correspondent of Salon.com and a staff reporter with the Wall Street Journal, named Asra Nomani an Indian born Muslim who wrote a new book called “Standing Alone in Meccaâ€. She has a court date in few weeks where she is taking her local mosque to court, when she walked in to Morgantown, Va mosque and demanded that she be allowed to use the same entrance with men and pray alongside men.

Demonizing Islamic community is nothing new, but taking mosque to court in order to bend Islamic traditions/beliefs is whole different matter, But it sure is consistence with the noise Ayan Hersi is making in Europe.

book-cover-220.jpg

A/calaykum.

Subxaanallah, what is this woman expecting? That the rules of Islam be bended for her own will? Allahu Akbar.

I sometimes wonder if some so-called muslims take lessons from Shaydaan as their behaviour has nothing to do whatsoever with the Quran or Sunnah.

Instead of embrassing herself and her Deen, she could have approached a muslim 'Alim and converse the situation with him to get the position of Islam and she would be satisfied if she is bound by the rules of the Quran and Sunnah. Instead, Acuudu-billaah, she chose to publicise a pathetic issue.

My thinking is that she is only feeding the widely held notion in the west that Islam degrades women, which of course is baseless.

May Allah show her the right way of doing things.

W/salaam.

shyhem   

Women like Asra Noman make the whole idea of empowering muslim women hard.I saw this lady on the news.She was talking about reforming islam and yet she couldn't even reform herself by keeping her hijab on.

Imagine if i was sagging my jeans and at the same time i was preaching somali kids about keeping their culture.

May Allah show us the right path