Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gello - The proud Soma

Somali Women and Revert Marriage Phenomenon

Malika   

^How can you believe in one Ummah,and yet descriminate those within that Ummah? [This is what the topic was about]

As for the culture and whatnot,Islam has been in Somalia for centuries,and ya all havent lost your 'culture' so why the panic now,its only a handful that have married reverts.

Both of you are right, Malika and Lily. Races have been created to know each other. You can be part of the Ummah and still keep your cultural identity. And as a Muslim you have a right to choose who you would like to marry and keep ties with. In the end it boils down to personal decision and Islam by definition is a CHOICE- the middle path. So if you hold to the Islamic guidelines you can live peacefully with yourself, family and community.

Cabdow   

Malika, Adu hakuna matata tahay, garan meesid meeshay Lily ka socoto :D (jokes)

Annu waxay ila tahay, raggan soo Muslimaya (Mashallah) inay hablahooda guursadaan siday usoo Muslimiyaan iyaga, sidaas khairka ugu jirra. Teeda kale, Ummadaha kale (Pakistanis, saudis, Qataris, etc) hablahooda uma ogala inay guursadaan rag kale 'haday Muslim yihiin iyo hadi kalaba' marka maxaan ugu ogalaaneena kuweena inay qolya kale guursadaan!

" inay hablahooda guursadaan siday usoo Muslimiyaan iyaga, sidaas khairka ugu jirra"

LooooooooooooL...Good angle man-I don't think Malika would disagree with that-Increasing the Ummah numbers is must.

Somali women & men should marry who ever they want as long as that person is a Muslim.

I prefer my daughter to marry a Somali for cultural reasons.

Its best to marry what you know, you will end having children you know. That is wise adage.

It seems the men who are complaining are single? Why the fuss, there are plenty of Somali women at home who you could try and start dialogue with.

Why chase a woman who wants to marry someone else, does it matter if he is Cuban or Somali, he aint you?

Originally posted by Canjeex:

Che, haday inta garan weydo iyadoo ah hablaha kuwa ugu caaqilsan in SOL, waa mushaakil inteeda la eg maaha
smile.gif

My bad-I mean she wouldn't disagree with that.

I think Duke has point-unless you are fancying the Xalimo, why does it matter who marries.

Originally posted by General Duke:

It seems the men who are complaining are single? Why the fuss, there are plenty of Somali women at home who you could try and start dialogue with.

[bold]Why chase a woman who wants to marry someone else, does it matter if he is Cuban or Somali, he aint you?[/bold]

Great point, though it could be a great opportunity for the guy to man up. Instead of playing the Somali card, he should look or reflect on what he is lacking and what the competition has and try to impress the Somali sister by sincerely changing especially if she is after good qualities(e.g character or religious knowledge). Who knows she may change her opinion. Even if she doesn't, it would be her loss as he has acquired new qualities which would work in his favour.

Oz   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

Who knows she may change her opinion. Even if she doesn't, it would be her loss as he has acquired new qualities which would work in his favour.

may be! may be not! having said that, there is truth to that. just met 2 Tz Somali girls married to converts (white)two weeks ago, the function was a BBQ for the sujuu folks.

It means nothing to me as long as the dude whose marrying the sis gotta be a good Muslim fella.

Oz, I remember there was a time it was fashionable for Somali and Sijui women to marry non muslim whites. e.g Iman and many more. Seeing sisters now opting to marry Muslim reverts is an improvement aka maendeleo. I wish them all the best!! At the end we all make our choices and learn to live with them.

Oz   

They seemed happy na watoto awafanani na wasomali hata, wafundishwi kisomali au kiswahili ni kingereza tu. lakini vile nilipo waona walikua na furaha sana. Basi ilikua mara yangu ya kwanza kuwaona mmoja wao kasema na wewe ulikua wapi? :D

Lakini kunayo mwingine aliniambie "kama una ma dada wambie wasijaribu kuowa reverts sababu ya kutumia diini,kasema wamuona huyu mshikaji wangu kaowa ma bibi watatu nyuma langu" kasema ningelijua tu afadhali watu wangu hatakama angeowa ma bibi bora watoto wangu wangelikua na mila yangu.

Ps; Sasa ushamleta mgeni duniani ama baado? :D

lol!!! Maskini, wajua tena watu wakishajua Uislamu wanataka kuufwata maagizo yote a hundredi pasenti!!!

Bado,naringa lakini sasa yuko njiani ;) summer mtakuwa wajomba,Inshallah kwenye Uhai na Uzima.

Oz   

Mungu Aendelee kukulinda na kukubariki wewe pamoja na familiya yako. Bila shaka miaka mingi iliyojaa furaha na mibaraka ingali mbele yako!

Wajua nilifika Moshi pamoja na Arusha! Jamani nafikiria kuhamia kule kabisa kabisa. ni nunuwe shamba niwe mkulima na misikitini niwe naenda, hii maisha ya majuu yani shinda kweli mbio mbio sana.