Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gello - The proud Soma

Somali Women and Revert Marriage Phenomenon

Since it’s the Somali-women hate season, I thought I might as well add to the hatred by voicing something which has bugged me for sometime now.

Lately there has been a tendency for Somali women to marry Muslim reverts. Although as a practicing man, I have nothing but love and respect for the marriage of Muslim sisters to Muslim brothers. I am concerned by the extent to which Somali women throw themselves towards any new revert to Islam in the hope of a marriage made in heaven. This is a worrying phenomenon and I think its very important we safe-guard the marriage of Somali women to Somali men.

Why are young Somali sisters intent on marrying any new revert. What’s wrong with the plenty of good Somali men out there? As a Somali man, I have to admit, Somali men have plenty of short-comings but this shouldn’t mean that Somali women have marry other men of different races to find a successful Muslim men.

My suggestion is Somali women need to be optimistic and realize there are plenty of successful Somali men out there! Marrying other races induces nothing but problems and we need to put a stop to this worrying phenomenon before its gets out of hand!

Cheers

Mr. Gello

How i wished that a concern voiced here by any concerned somali would meet heeding minds that take on to his/her nearest ones, check out if the problem exists/applicable and apply the 'talo'.

As is said above, something within Mr/s somali died within when the country went unconcious (hopefully, it is a case of unconciousness rather than death).

Fabregas   

Who needs to marry Somali women,saxiib? We are in a muliticultural age, in the west. People marry others from different states and countries! I'm gonna to marry a greek.meditrrean convert! Somali women can be my 3 or 4th, if they wish!

Ashkiro   

^Mr. Gello there is a good hint maybe in to why. Are majority of Somali guys polygamist? Seems like it's common that I hear these days, na heeblayo's ninkeeda midkalo buu guursade. I always thought it was the older reer baadiyo folks, but seems to be somekind of macho thing to do now.

ps: Will you people (you know who you are, those that scream "somalinimo is dead") give it a rest already! Keep it to yourself, it's quite depressing. Somalinimo is alive in many of us alhamdullah.

Som@li   

^So Ashkiro, NO to non Somalis, right? :D

Anyway, it has something to do with Somalis not living int thier home country, and it is not isolated to Somalis women, For the first in my life, I have seen Somali men eagerly waiting for new reverts, while many already married.

So maybe it is a new trend among the Somali girls, and I say good luck to them.

Aaliyyah   

Mr Gello stop worrying about somali girls and who they choose to marry, after all it's their lives right. Perhaps those girls just found what they were looking for in reverts.It doesn't have to be due to somali good guys being rare. Couldn't just be their choice and preference.

Just last friday I saw this half white/half somali kid....the kid was drop dead gorgeous :D

just another reason i don't mind somali sisters marrying outside their race....there's something adorable about mixing races...

Malika   

Dabshid,

Lol@eagerly waiting,that reminded me of this poor Polish woman journery to Islam through Somali men..Well,apparently she hanged outside our make shift mosque by the trinity centre,waiting to talk to the Imaam,unfortunatetly she made the mistake of approaching these two Somali men on their way to the mafrish.She told them her aim[to convert],they told her to follow them,as they entered the Mafrish with her they annouced her desires[like it was a mosque,subhanallah],well what was to follow was an absolute shamble,as the men started arguing whom will marry her[now the woman wasnt looking for marriage but to convert to Islam]..after sometime as the arguments and discussion continues,the owner of the mafrish ceased an opportunity and approached the woman to ask her if she will kindly smuggle Khat for him to America,and when she is back he will make sure she is converted and will be lucky enough to be his mrs..Lol.

Anyway,last I heard she has converted,but married to a Zanzibari,I guess she wasnt too impressed with the brothers at the mafrish..Lol

ps.Mr Username,I got nothing against Somali men,how could I?[i know different topic,but am now being self conscious every time I mention Somali men. :D ]

Oz   

I too am amazed, why do Somali women marry reverts? Maybe they are not looking hard enough. Maybe they do not want to marry a Somali guy, whatever the reason; it’s their choice, their choosing. Maybe those women feel Somali guys are lacking islamnimo. :D While others like Pucca and AAliyah416 are thinking about the physical attributes of non-Somali's and what their future children will look like.