Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

SOL Photo Competition 2006

Maf Kees   

uchi.

I think we got ourselves a winner. The only picture here that caught my attention. Blessed has the most meaningful photo, but it should be about the powerful image and not the story behind it perse. The story itself should only serve to elaborate the image, personify it or whatever.

N.O.R.F   

Picture taken: Ramadan 1426

Where: Muscat Oman

This photo represents a new start, a new life after umpteen years in the UK. I think this photo best captures the peace of mind one gets living here. It’s a great view as well.

Muscatatnight.jpg

Originally posted by Northerner:

So come on, trawl through what you have on your PC and cameras and post the one picture that means more to you than the others. Explain the significance of that one picture, where it was taken and why you took it.

Great idea, Northerner. I like uchi's the most so far though, uchi, where's the meaning behind it?

Valenteenah, I have drool-for pictures like some have drool. I'll start another thread at some point with a story entertwined. I have a whole bunch of my pics doing the rounds at work currently. Being at these places is far more enjoyable than the pics. I have cried on hills, rivers, lakes, valleys, beaches, seas(from the oouucc) at dawn, dusk and every moment inbetween. My time in Vietnam is one of my greatest pleasures. Sniff

STOIC   

Ahura.I am like the new anchor man who hasn’t bought his first suit yet because he can’t afford it (first "big" pay check didn’t come through after college).You could only hear his voice, but no Picture. I am planning to spend an arm and a leg on a digital camera in the next few months (IA).For now I have to use my CVS one time camera. Sorry for breaking the rules!

Great photos everyone...Northerner this is a wonderful idea showcasing some photography...I will inshallah participate as soon as I can narrow down my choice...I'm quite torn right now...Tenaciousgirl I love this photo I could read my own thoughts into it but I would love to hear yours...keep them coming people I am loving this mashallah everyone smile.gif

Originally posted by Tenaciousgirl:

here is my contribution . enjoy

its a close-up of a
BLUE rope

51245977_9b47264434.jpg?v=0

Maf Kees   

Took this picture in an amusement park called the Efteling, I've been going there since I was a little toddler qaxooti and I still love it. Below is a photo of the entrance of an indoors rollercoaster. The whole ride is in the dark. I had my hands on my face, because I was afraid somebody might smack me or something might hit me in the face.

192551729_dacce7248d.jpg

Visitors standing under the phoenix in a prehistoric, tropical beach setting to find shelter on a rainy day.

Great photos. I like the close up of the rope especially.

Some feedback:

TenaciousGirl, how about some background info? Where did you find the rope (unusual colour), what was it being used for, and what made you zoom in to that extent?

Fabiana and Norf, your photos look post-card perfect. I'm a newbie at photography and I can't seem to capture any great images...my reflexes are too slow, so I miss most good opportunities.

Zii, I am disappointed. I was expecting you to enter one of your Cuban photos (they were quite spectacular).

Maf Kees, your image is pretty striking...until you notice the little people under the big bird... do they spoil the grandness a bit Or do they emphasize it? I can't tell. Am I looking at it too closely?

Legal Crimes, hmm...bit blurry, aint it? No exotic shots of the Dubai skyline, huh?