Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

SOL Photo Competition 2006

Hey Northerner, it's about the quality of the photos and what they mean to us, bro. I have far more exquisite landscape shots but there's not necessarily a story attached to them that means something to me.

Even Wembley is exotic to some- unfortunately not to me, been there, harrassed out, lol.

I will shrink my lil friends to 500 by something, LSK.

^ I do beg your pardon. I followed to the T the few rules Northerner put forward; there was nothing to define size until u suggested a preference. I have already said I will abide by your recommendation- consdiering all that and that my picture is not even the largest on display u are exaggerating the unintended rule break of a rule that didn't exist. U can't cry foul cause the picture is nice. :cool:

off to shrink

STOIC   

n490979131773214342ft0.jpg

Time: May 2006

Place: No Stalkers ;)

Photographer:Family Member

PS My graduation ceremony.Can you spot the big Somali headed dude and the blonde hair ? :D

Didn't they say the pictures with humans are Xaaraam? Yet you are organizing picture competition!

And sheherazade is there, too, Cajiib! :confused:

uchi   

Haven't been here in a while, but though this was an interesting thread.

Here is an old image i found on my pc, I took it a while back.

Enjoy

Scan0013.jpg

Great topic, i think many people will post great pictures, at the moment my camera is broken and seeking a new one, but i will post pictures from the past, although they feature people, are people are allowed, or just scenery?

Abdi2005 those are amazing pictures, the colour setting is truely remarkable, are they photoshoped?

N.O.R.F   

Thanks Abdi, Stoic and Uchi.

Uchi where is that picture taken?

Stioc, a beautiful day and a very good setting for your graduation.

Abdi, your first pic will have to be taken

Abdi2005   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

Abdi2005 those are amazing pictures, the colour setting is truely remarkable, are they photoshoped?

I dont know what you mean with photoshoped, its 100% original i have only scaled down the size.

Blessed   

Salaams all, hope you're doing well. smile.gif

I was uploading my umrah pics and saw this topic. I'll share more pics soon i'a but I picked for my entery. Not sure if it was taken by me or the 'camera hog' :Dicon_razz.gif;) ..

Date- 27th April 2006

Place- Makkah Al-Mukkaramah

tmp4716dq0.jpg

I chose this because it really show cases what I love about Makkah; secure serenity. . This is a picture of Mount Nur, the cave of Hira is somewhere near the top. I was amazed when our taxi / tour guide told us from a distance what it was. It’s one of the highest of Mekkah many mountains.

We made him drive us as close as he could - I was amazed at how any one could climb up that mountain on a regular basis (it takes 2 hours). Our Messenger (saw) used to climb right to the top and look across Mekkah and at the Kabah and wonder at creation and the source of all this magnificence – until Allah sent Jibril (as) to him. It put a great deal of seerah into perspective and increased my admiration for the Prophet (saw). This is turning into an essay, sorry … will continue on the umrah in another thread – Insha Allah.

Some exquisite pictures. Norf, I agree with Sheh in regard to 'the quality of the photos and what they mean to us'. I think they are the important criteria, so the level of exoticness doesn't matter....much. :D

Size-wise, I would reduce mine but it's too late now.

Some feedback:

Sheh, outstanding picture. Love it. (In response to Wembley, it too is very exotic...in its ghettoness :D ). Now I want the pleasure of viewing the rest of your traveling album. smile.gif

Wiilo, which city is that? Gorgeous.

Raxmah, breathtaking view.

Abdi - LoL...what happened to the one picture? All three are beautiful, but which should we judge?

STOIC - Nice photo, too bad it was taken by someone else. Breaking competition rules already. Tut. :D BTW, your university must have been massive, pouring out enough graduates to fill a football stadium.

Blessed, thanks for that. Most meaningful photo so far.

And finally....

UCHI - WoW. If you were selling that photo, I would buy it. That's how good it is. I'm sure there are loads of photos to come, but I already feel this one could fill my #1 spot. :cool:

PS: Norf, you have no idea just how many near-misses I have with cyclists each week. I can't tell which one is the bike lane because they ride on both.

uchi   

Thanks Valenteenah,

Regarding the location:

Torquay -

(Just 22km south of Victoria’s second city Geelong Australia)

I will try and post some more pictures once we get some judges going -

Good luck.