Sign in to follow this  
Beerlula

Surviving motherhood

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ Meaning her children run about the place and cause havoc now. Or maybe even she’s one of the lucky few and she managed to bomb them all out get them married. She’s not a new mother, saaxib.

Aahey,Gartay! smile.gif

Beerlula

I'm not a mom so I can offer you only this in 'Surviving Motherhood':

* Join a parenting website/forum such as Today's Parent, Babies, or Parents.. You'll enjoy interacting with various parents and reading about their experiences and advice/suggestions.

* Subscribe to parenting magazines or borrow them from your local library and read, read, read. The more you are well informed, the better parent you can be and the better you are able to meet life's challenges.

* Trust your judgement and don't let people convice you about the horrors of being a parent. I don't know why Somali women find that so entertaining - they like scaring young moms.

* Don't hesitate about asking your hubby, family, & friends for advice and help. You don't it all your own your you'll just be tired ALL the time.

* Have fun with your precious baby! They grow up waay to fast. Enjoy those sweet moments.

NOW: SOL Mothers --> Come out of the woodworks, we know you exist!!!

Blessed   

Beerlula.

Salaams sister, I don't post much these days but welcome to the yummy mummy club, I hope you're enjoying your new bunddle of khayr.

Idon't think there are many mothers in SOL, you know how somali women drop off planet earh when they start a family lols.

I do know a really good sisters forum with a an amazing section for mothers with babies. Le me know if your interesed.

In any case, feel free to pm me, if you fancy a chat or a rant.

Aaliyyah   

Being only 19 yrs old am not even married let alone being a mother. But, i am sure it is fun when one becomes a mother, i am certainly looking forward. my cousin just had her 1st child, masha-allah walahi whenever i c her with her daughter, i feel as if i am missing something . It is a blessing to be a mother, something we all should look forward to, and do it only when we are truly prepared for that huge responsibility that comes with parenting. I am not talking abt a simple thing as daiper changing, as Hizb pointed out parenting is more than that. it is guiding that child for the 1st 20 years of his/her life, and making sure u raise him/her as good muslims.

wa salaamu alaikum

hodman   

Congratulations on your gift from Allah

Walalo You should subscribe to Babycenter, It is wonderful and will send you updates each week until your baby is a toddler. Actually you can subscribe in the first weeks of pregnancy all the way to when the baby is 2 yrs old. It is a wealth of info.

p.s don't feel that you have to be a super mom, when someone offers to help out with the baby, accept their offer and grab a nap. Also be sure to let hubby do his share of the soojeed at night when the baby won't sleep smile.gif

Pucca   

visit your local library and pick up a couple of movies or books...

then again...changing diapers cant be that hard can it ?

Pucca   

^um..dear you are a father right? perhaps you could help the sister out and give her some tips. Feeding, changing diapers, understanding baby moods...ya know..the usual stuff.

sidenote: beerlula...where's your mother? if anyone can help you its your mother

Cara.   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

This is a great topic for this women forum. It is regrettable our sister didn't receive much help.

She didn't actually ask for help. Femme and hodman offered good tips, though. Perusing "Parenting Today" in the dentist's office is paying off, huh?

Beerlula   

My sole purpose for posting this topic was to actually connect with Somali moms on the forum unfortunately it turned out that there are not too many around.

Thanks to those of you who posted parenting websites and for those of who who wished me 'khayr' and Ameenaha walaal thanks for your offer will pm you soon Insha Allah.

Blessed   

^It's actually nice to have another mummy on board. smile.gif

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ Have you not hired a nanny yet, ayaayo? What a glutton for punishment you are!
:D

Why pay when I've a free manny like Angelina. icon_razz.gif