Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy

Fav. O/S

prettyboy, i don't know man about accomplishing alot of thangs with WIN althou i am a WIN user mostly but i prefer redhat for personal use .. windows unreliable plus damn every year new version you have to pay to upgarde and sh1t

well the thang wit Linux is very few ppl use it and rarely you will see being used in institutions such as public libraries, universities, internet cafe's.....etc. So it's advantage to use in your personal PC @ home but I'll suggest u go wit the follow

Peace

Love &

Unity

TechBoy   

well what.s my fav O/S definiley it wouid be GUI!! Win Xp ..niceicons n beautiful desktop, I heard Pretty boy was talking about Lunix well it,s fine since ur looking for a good protection to your comp, so it,s like Unix trust me no one can feel the difference unless u got hacked once !!

Tehco Tehco

Tuvok   

My favorite OS is Debian GNU/Linux; it's stable, you don't run into dependency problems, you can install/uninstall the applications you need with terminals (using apt-get) or Synaptic if you fancy gui scripts. I don't like Red Hat; it's very bloated and feels fake, they also bombard your email with daily updates. OpenBSD is also great; it's the most secure/stable OS (mainly used for servers, but can also be used as desktop).

Of Windows, I prefer Windows 2000 Pro though I hardly use it.

I prefer mandrake since it has more device support and is easy to operate. 4 windows, i prefer xpp--its de bomb 4 games, audio and digital!!

i amna put it an ftp site soon, so i will let u know folks about it. i am making the system now.

2.5mhz dual w/2gigs of ram. it should kick butt.

Tuvok   

Originally posted by rudy:

I prefer mandrake since it has more device support

rudy,

Mandrake hasn't special "more device support"; all device drivers it uses stems from the same linux kernel that all linux distros use. If a specific distro doesn't support any of your hardware components, it's because it has an outdated kernel. In that case, if you still like that specific distro, all you have to do is download the latest kernel and compile it.

yeah true word! but i find difficulties supporting usb and firewire with other kernels.. so Mandrake gives me built-in support for these device...all about convenience! i say...my 2 cents

asta la vista

TechBoy   

ah speaking of mandrake linux I think they r trying it,s immitate Win's Graphical User Interface O/S since they have noticed no one is intersted in command line interface stuffs,although I agree with you that it's very efficent in protection compared to others,but I cant help it ...So Viva Xp !!

Real programmers don't draw flowcharts. Flowcharts are, after all, the illiterate's form of documentation. Cavemen drew flowcharts; look how much it did for them.!!

:D

For robustness, speed, security and stability not to mention OpenSource, I prefer Linux/Unix, RedHat8.0/Solaris9.0 flavours,

For applications, graphics and its ubiquitous nature, WinXP is brilliant, Win2K is the most stable NOS so far. I have been testing Win2003 server since SR1, though it is a lot faster than Linux, it is not compatible with many Microsoft developed programmes such as SQL, Exchange 200 etc and this I trust is a rather ludicrous marketing decision on Microsoft’s side.

n00bie   

My favorite OS is SuSE, its one of the easiest linux installations. The YaST installer makes it a breeze, also SuSE is the most up-to-date distribution so drivers shouldn't be an issue.

Lady   

Hi ppl

I didn,t tried Linux but I heard is good O/S

My favorite righ now is XP..I like the simplisity and visual way of XP..it makes easy the desktop and the Pc in general.