Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Swiss Politician Daniel Streich, Who Led Anti-Islamic Campaign:- Embraces Islam

Cara.   

Streich left the SVP in November 2009 calling his party's campaign against Islam as a 'witch hunt.' The date coincided with the second anniversary of Streich's conversion which he had kept secret from the party.

:confused:

So he spend two years supporting the 'witch hunt' while secretly a Muslim? That's politicians for you.

Castro   

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

Che & Castro, now isn't the time for bad jokes. If you can't say "manshaAllah" or anything celebratory, don't say anything.

ManshaAllah!

When is the time for bad jokes? In a thread about God? (Ouch, I know, that was a low blow)

And what the #$%*& is "ManshaAllah"?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Cara.:

quote:Streich left the SVP in November 2009 calling his party's campaign against Islam as a 'witch hunt.' The date coincided with the second anniversary of Streich's conversion which he had kept secret from the party.

:confused:

So he spend two years supporting the 'witch hunt' while secretly a Muslim?
That's politicians for you
You're not suggesting he's going for the Muslim vote now, are you? :D

Ibti, the title of this thread is very misleading and I'm very disappointed that your campaign of everything Muslims has come to this. (are there no burka wearers that you can champion for anymore instead of recycling news?)

Cyber Nomad is the only one that has some sense left in this forum for he/she is only one that pointed to the obvious. The subject did not convert overnight nor did the news of his conversion occur in the year 2010.

Today is wednesday, February 10th, 2010 and the subject's conversion took place sometime n 2007 but somehow, somewhere, this has become a recent news that we should know about?

He is a nobody and his conversion does not change anything. I Would sooner hear about a youtube conversion of a Caucasian subject than this opportunistic man who was looking to score political points against his former party and commit indirect treason by selling out his country.

Cara.   

Ngonge, naw. I was thinking it was the other way around. Much like our dear Layzie, Streich didn't let self-preservation or principles get in the way of successful political rhetoric for over two years.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

Ibti, the title of this thread is very misleading and I'm very disappointed that your campaign of everything Muslims has come to this. (are there no burka wearers that you can champion for anymore instead of recycling news?)

Cyber Nomad is the only one that has some sense left in this forum for he/she is only one that pointed to the obvious. The subject did not convert overnight nor did the news of his conversion occur in the year 2010.

Today is wednesday, February 10th, 2010 and the subject's conversion took place sometime n 2007 but somehow, somewhere, this has become a recent news that we should know about?

He is a nobody and his conversion does not change anything. I Would sooner hear about a youtube conversion of a Caucasian subject than this opportunistic man who was looking to score political points against his former party and commit indirect treason by selling out his country.

Lazy like I care when and if you are disappointed. This was not campaign and speaking of Burka I got bored of waiting for you to catch some air.

The thread title is not misleading unless your English somehow went AWOL on you. Swiss Politician Daniel Streich, Who Led Anti-Islamic Campaign:- Embraces Islam. That is the long and short of it, I never claimed he did it today, in fact it says on the article the date he did as well as when he made it public. As for why is it news, I posted this thread to highlight to someone people that Islam can and is for everyone regardless of what they use to say. If I dig back a few years I can find blog entries I made about this "evil ignorant man". How time changes. So to answer your question; it is news because he recently went public with his new religion, and I felt it is appropriate for the current tone of SOL, with all the my religion is not your religion that is going on. If it bothers you so much >>>

As for he sold his country, how?? by changing religions, not another one of your illogical reasons again please, as for why he changed religion, only he and Allah knows. Can you say you are a better Muslim than him? It is all irrelevant to be honest.

Everyone is a nobody to others who have no significance to him. It matters to HIM that he converted and most importantly it matters to people know him. In addition it matters to Muslims in his society because he is a rich, experienced recognizable man, who if nothing else can bring religion from its isolated corner and into the mainstream.

^misled as in give the impression that the news was recent with your bold and daring title.

Mida Kale, runta sheeg, after the defeat of the minarets, you were actively seeking a negative news from Switzerland, why else did you stumble on those blogs just so you can highlight the conversion of a traitor.

BTW, why do you come off as sounding angry? Maybe runta is hurting you, lol, in any case, this thread is very disappointing and you should care because recycled news is beneath you.

PS: About the other subject, I recall I was the last to respond to you, unless you wrote something in the last few days that I did not read about?

Ibtisam   

No, the title is as it was published in AlJazeera, in fact, there are few more lines which follow that I did not bother putting in.

Maybe your so bent on seeing your own view as usual waxaba ku daqdaqi. As for minarets, maybe you need to go back to them threads, I was not bothered then, even less hadaa, I already gave you my reason for posting this, so there is no need for your theories.

As for sound angry, I don't know what your on about- on second though, I have my Burka on today- maybe it is changing my behaviour icon_razz.gif

P.s. I did not go to all those blogs your bloody baadow, It was all in the one article I posted as a quote!! :D

Haneefah   

Subhannalah. Isn't it amazing, how there are people like this man whom probably most Muslims were cursing prior to his conversion, and miraculously, the noor of Allah, His precious hidaaya, His mercy, descends upon them? Yet, there are those for whom you lose sleep, wishing and praying, so desperately, that Allah guides to the truth, because you believe (in your limited perception and wisdom) they fit the criteria so perfectly, with the most beautiful serene hearts ever deserving of Allah's mercy, but they just remain in their state of kufr (though I truly believe all the prayers will not go unanswered -- one day Insha Allah!). Still, it's a thought-provoking sign.

Indeed, you don't guide whom you love, but Allah guides whom He so desires.

It just fascinates me! Perhaps now more than ever before. Anyway, I still am happy for this man, Masha Allah :D

ailamos   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by 2+2=5:

Che & Castro, now isn't the time for bad jokes. If you can't say "manshaAllah" or anything celebratory, don't say anything.

ManshaAllah!

When is the time for bad jokes? In a thread about God? (Ouch, I know, that was a low blow)

hehehe... the Somali version of Masha'allah

Originally posted by Castro:

PMS?

Castro   

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

quote:Originally posted by Castro:

PMS?
No. LTFS.