Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Surrendered Wife!!!

Cara.   
Ms D & D, I think anyone who sends their spouse to Somalia and pays for gardeners, maids and private tutors is asking for trouble.

Originally posted by Puuja:

Your math or tax rate is little off LOZ. In the USA single making 54k will be taxed 25% while married person filing join tax rate is 15% for the same amount. Now if we redo the calculation and take into account that their combined income will be 108k and not 54k before tax, you can see that depending on their priority and budgeting skills it’s very feasible for a couple in that income level to employ maid service…say 4-6 hrs a week.
:D

By the way for income of 108,000 married couple filling join tax bill will be 20,115

= Base Tax + (Rate x Amount Over)

= 8,440 + (.25 x (108000 - 61300 )

= 8440 + (.25 x 46700)

= 20,115

Ooh Bugger!...We were talking about Aussie tax regime...I do not know anything about the US tax system...I think tho the nerd in the IRS office can see you and your partner as milking cows for Bush & Co so it is my gues that he will do whatever it takes [perhaps thousand ways] to squeese some more dough from your pockets!...I would have icon_razz.gif:D

Cara...You Rock Baan ku iri! I would not want to waste that wonderful brain of yours doing mundine house work...dhimashaan ka xigaa baan ku leeyahay!...I suggest to plan for illegal Mexican maid!

Lily...Anything for you dee...househusband and more icon_razz.gif

Cheers

-Lily-   

Legend…

the prospect of being a househusband was meant to terrify you not delight you :D

p.s. I’ll promise not to forget the bunch of flowers at the end of the day ;)

Rahima   

Zu,

That $54K does not include the superannuation. I know for a fact that is the case for the public sector- I myself am an employee of it ;) . You’ll also often see that many corporate jobs are advertised at a particular income and an addition for the super.

I’ll give you HECS (even though by the average child rearing age of late 20s most have paid it off), but what is up with the addition of the student support loan :confused: ? The average person doesn’t have such a loan- so out that goes.

Whilst where adding here, let’s not forget the wonderful tax return and salary packaging. All of these Zu make it worthwhile.

Just to give actual numbers, graduates in the public health system (shift workers)- medical interns, nurses, OTs, Physios, Social workers, speech pathologists, dieticians etc. all get paid about $20 per hour. Those working a 40-hour week (all of them excluding the interns), make approximately a gross income of $1000 per week (weekends are time and a half). Take home income is $1400 a fortnight (making taxation and HECS per fortnight $600). That my friend makes it $700.00 per week, without utilising salary packaging. All of these graduates (once again excluding interns for they work longer hours) are approximately on $50 K per year.

Zu, if your getting taxed as you say, i'd be asking questions smile.gif .

Baashi   

D&D's hubby is a helluva lucky dude. Allah yazidka qallanjo. Ma sha'Allah!

You & you and yes u, what ya kno?

Ms DD   

Baashi, No one is perfect brother but as long as we strive to do our best, that is all one can ask for. It really does help to have a partner who will make loving him/her easier. When someone follows his/her deen and know his/her rights and those of his/her partner, life will really be grand and inshallah the afterlife too.

Sis Munira, I have been married for 5years now alhamdulilaah.

So far we have seen the spanner in the works in as far as submissiveness is concerned; we have seen the religious aspect of the right marriage and ofcouse we have the seen those who would be great househusbands and ofcouse wives. The house stats and economics have been put through the tasks and enviably some of us wish for what we can’t have and that is a Dheylo by the name of Dhucdhuc who makes every man around here only dream of what could have been if they were as lucky as Mrs. Dheylo’s hubby.

Having said that, a question to all is who is the submissive wife to be or husband to be in this picture? Moral of the story is I wouldn’t mind being saddled with a wife who says yes to the right things and say yes but that wouldn’t be so clever to the wrong ones

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. and maybe sing in the marfishyasha:)