Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Necklace or Ring?

Chimera   

The Wedding ring is a concept that originates in Europe and in the last century has spread throughout the world because of Hollywood's ROMCOM's. My father gave my mother a big gold wedding ring as a result. I personally can see the appeal of a ring and the romantic aspect of it, but i think the gorgeous wedding necklaces that graced Somali brides for centuries are far more appealing, and i think choosing this as a symbol of your union is a beautiful throwback to your ancestors:

wnt60.jpg

(first pic)

What say you?

BUKURR   

.. anyways, we all knew Shahrazad was after all a misandrist, who revels in telling stories just to escape death. Buhhhaha

Chimera   

Lol, it's just an example, one can customise such things to fit their taste, similarly there are both hideous and beautiful rings. The Ring culture clearly is reigning supreme in the diaspora, which is a pity.

A combination would be nice.

Originally posted by BaiGaduud:

.. anyways, we all knew Shahrazad was after all a misandrist, who revels in telling stories just to escape death. Buhhhaha

LoL, no hate from me. 'Just' to escape death lol, it's no mean feat.

BUKURR   

I know, that assshole Shahryar was no joke. Without the breathtaking beauty and the open ended stories she narrated every night that kept him interested and waiting for the rest, she would've gone and we would've missed all those sexy romantic tales that we enjoy now, so yeah am all for her!

Blessed   

Neither! I prefer the current tradition of giving sets of dahab and a bag full of diracs. Maxaa loo kala reebayaa? Bakhaylnimo much.

Blessed   

Tradtional dictates are nothing to get sentimental about methinks. Stuff is all it is, so waa caadi if we start calculating the dirham to gram value, maaha? :D

p.s how's the adventure?

I prefer the necklace more cause it's no longer an expectation, a requirement to stop aunties' tongues wagging. A gift should have some sentiment attached to it or else it's a bribe or a payment in kind for something. smile.gif

the adventure took an unxpected turn but alhamdullilah.