Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

London Somali gangs video be warned

Fabregas   

The Metro ran a story about dangerous gangs in london, one of them called "woolwich younger boys".Apparently one of them poses with a gun in the video. I figured they must be somalis, so i youtube it and this is what came up.........How scary do you find this "gang" ......?It seems any group of ciyaal with hoodies are labeled as gangsters.........and what gangsters put their pics and pose on their net?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp76vgsYhO4

You've been warned remember.......

me   

^^These kids are not Somalis, there parents were Somalis. I rather see them as my neighborhood gangsters then other races to be honest. Plus these kids are becoming like this for 'protection', 'brotherly love' & 'respect' that they don't get anywhere else. Their parents neglect them. Their father either left or is in the marfash and their mother is in some sort of money saving scheme, building house in Dubai or Somalia, while her kids don't get fedprobarly or get all the stuff they want (nike's, playsation etc etc). My point is I don't blame the kids I blame those parents. So BIG UP WOOLWICH BOYS, nice anthem btw.

Ok now honestly, are you people (faraxs) telling me you have never been in a gang or a click? These kids are 14/15/16, this is what boys that age do.

When they become 17/18 they get tired of that and start chasing xalimo's.

Baluug   

LOOOOL What a bunch of skinny a$$ little boys!! This is what passes for a gang these days? One punch, and any one of them would be out cold.....

Me <--- excuse me, but these kids are a menace, I don't care if it's just a phase, but their behaviour is disgusting, demoralising to the community and dangerous. I know people in the area who walk in mortal fear of these gangs.

You are right about one thing though, I personally know and heard of some of these 'parents' and as much as I dislike jumping on the blame-the-parents bandwagon, there is no doubt in my mind that they - if not responsible - at least have the power to stop them but instead choose not to.

The fathers are usually either absent, or there is this mentality that just because the child is a boy, he is exempt from reproach of any kind. You can be sure they know exactly what their 17-year old daughter is up to, but never wonder to ask what their 11-year old son is doing out at midnight.

The mothers are also disgraceful. A lot of them have enough money to buy the latest dirac from Paris and go on tri-annual trips to Dubai, but their own kids are walking around in whatever they can find on sale in Primark. Their living rooms are gaudy and carefully designed, but take a peek in the children's bedrooms, and you see three kids cramped into one wallpaper-less ugly room with (usually) no table to do their homework on.

Neither parent seems to care where their kids are, when the subject comes up of their son getting arrested for the third time, they sigh and mutter 'What can I do about it?' and turn back to discussing what Halima's sons are up to.

The danger of these gangs not only lies in their criminal actions (believe me the rumours of drugdealing and violence are not exaggerated), but in the policies they are forcing the goverment to use. A while ago, I heard they arrested a truckload of Somali kids just for walking in groups. If you go into central london around Eid time, you see police watching every Somali kid with suspicion, putting some innocent kids who want to celebrate their festival on edge for absolutely no reason.

EDIT: However, I don't think the situation is irreversible, from what I understand, there's no sense of longterm loyalty to the idea of gangs with the Somali kids. Unlike some other black gangs, there doesn't seem to be this idea that they are stuck there for life and some of them do actually get a job and straighten themselves out. But still, it's frustrating because I believe the parents/family/clan actually have some power to stop these kids if they really wanted to, but they don't.

EDIT 2: Just saw the video and it's pretty ****** to post your picture and callname online. Shows they're not thinking like real criminals, maybe there's some hope smile.gif

me   

^Well, don't see the glass half empty, they can be our Mara Salvatrucha. These gangs should be encouraged and better organized. If they are not helped they will only do bad things, but if they are supported they will support their communities.

There is nothing wrong with gangs, its kids organizing themselves to protect each other in hard times. Its a survival mechanism. These gangs become a problem when they start becoming a nuisance to the people or the community they should 'serve', when they start doing meaningless crimes. So our job shouldn't be to call them names, but to help them. To guide them, to be better in whatever they do.

^^ I'm not sure about these kids in particular, but some of the Somali gangs in the greenwich/woolwich/plumstead area are criminal gangs. They openly sell drugs, they are involved in robberies, they commit assaults and general disruptions. I used to work in a cinema and they caused us no end of grief, resulting in various stabbings.

Somali people in my area are so quick to claim that some government conspiracy is behind these incidents that they don't think of why their kids are out so late at night. If people stopped denying that there is a serious problem and started asking themselves why exactly our kids are turning to crime, then maybe we could help them.

But there still seems to be this idea that just because they are Somalia, they couldn't possibly be responsible for these crimes.

me   

^^Whats the percentage of Somali boys that pass their A-levels?

And compare that with other races.

^^^ what does that have to do with anything? I don't know the stats, and I do hear Somali students in general tend to do well, but that's beside the point. These gangs are a small number, who are becoming increasingly dangerous, which leads to things like dangerous policies being employed against the majority of Somali kids who are completely innocent.

I'm not saying the behaviour of these kids are indicative of the rest really. I mean I know bad Somali parents, whose kids turn out pretty well -- but I also know such neglectful parenting really doesn't help.

BOB   

Do you honestly expect me to believe these well fed, well dressed kids are Gangsters?

You guys are either acting like Caddaan or exaggerating because I don't see any Gangsters but bunch of Ciyaal Xaafad acting and talking tough so they can impress the girls at school..typical MTV Base Generation.

If their parents failed to discipline these kids..tell them to send them back to Africa to me and I will introduce them to real Somali Gangsters and show them where at the end of the day...a life of crime leads to and if that fails to enlighten them..then I will beat sense into them and that has never failed any African father.

Ciyaalka been ha usheegina idinkaa sii waalaayo markaa dhahdaan waxaa tihiin Gangsters...

Peace, Love & Unity.

me   

The percentage is not small Xu- I have lived in London, I know what I have seen. Maybe these kids are not hardcore criminals, but they are on their way, if they don't get stopped now its too late.

And the percentage of Somali BOYS passing their A-levels is very very low, its about 10%, while its 50% for while and Asians, only the afro-Caribbeans are worse of then Somali boys.

It has to do everything with this whole gang stuff, If these kids doing good at school, they wouldn't need to be in gangs. These kids failin teh schools, they skip classes and do whaever, theirparents don't know what they getup to. So these kidsbecome a failuire.

If the chance that a Somali boy gets into jail is higher then he gets into university then there is something wrong.

Fabregas   

These kids in the video aren't gangsters they are just some ciyaal with hoodies, don't know how they made it to the metro.Everyone with a hoodie is called a gangster knowadays.....

Lakin you all know about the situation in which between the Somalis and Afro/african carribeans way back in the days.Most Somalis crews started as a response to other rival crews such as Whites and Afro carribeans.......

The situation is not that bad.But let me tell you it is like a bomb with a timer slowing waiting to blow up!

Somali kids are fighting in groups alla cross london with bats, knives and all sorts of other weapons.

Somalis kidz have now moved on from Weed to selling crack know.There are some well known local drug dealers(not hoodies) who are Somalis and even the Afro carribeans know about them.The police even come with dogs starting to search Marfishes for Cocaine and other drugs.......

Remember those brothers that shot the police?

It won't be long before Somalis are shooting at each other....rather than fighting in groups with baseball bats and knifes!

The Somali Community is sleeping on this one.Their only solution is to send kidz to Somalia or the Middle East. This has not worked except in a few instances.I know ppl who got sent to Somalia but came back even more violent and gangster............I don't want to sound alarmist.......Lakin this is problem the Somali community needs to acknowledge....rather than simply sending kidz to Somalia or kicking them out of the house..........

Sky   

Originally posted by XulaXu:

I don't know the stats, and I do hear Somali students in general tend to do well, but that's beside the point.

Say what? Somali students are at the bottom. Don't be fooled by the few hardworking Somali students around us. For every hardworking Somali student, there are 10 Somali dropouts.

People widely believe the next generation will not be much better off than their own parents.

In these days and time most of these skinny gangasta-wanna-be kids will end up in jail and thier muteka got shared by psycho inmates. Yaa la talin doona!.

Taliban   

Originally posted by me:

Their father either left or is in the marfash and their mother is in some sort of money saving scheme, building house in Dubai or Somalia, while her kids don't get fedprobarly or get all the stuff they want (nike's, playsation etc etc). My point is I don't blame the kids I blame those parents.

I don't blame the kids nor their parents. I lay the blame squarely on UK's values, morals and standards. The UK is the worst place to raise children.

Where are the parents? These kids are crying out for attention. They need dhaqan celis. A couple of Reer miyi clan clashes in the middle of a savannah/desert will scare the crap out of these little buggers.