Sign in to follow this  
AminaTammy

Where did the time go?

Subhana'Allah I can't believe that Ramadan is in 2 short months. The year went by so quickly. Where does the time go?

What is your favorite Ramadan memory?

I'll start:

My husband and I were traveling by bus from Riyadh to Mekkah. The bus took a detour and stopped in Medina. We broke our fast at the Prophet's masjid.

Such a wonderful experience. I was also very happy to see that the poor were being fed at Iftar time as well. Wealthy families used to pass out soup, dates, and water all along the street.

Tammy's Somali Home

Aaliyyah   

I don't really have any special Ramadan.. but the best part of any ramadan is praying tarawiix in the middle of the night and hearing everyone crying and walahi its just gets to u Alhmadulilah....I truly can't believe ramadan is in 2 months....

where does time go indeed :eek:

salaam

STOIC   

Tell me about it! You are talking about Ramadhan and I'm still wondering where has time gone today.It is 7Pm ET where I'm at and I have 6324 slides :mad: to go through before tuesday.Where has today gone? I wanna to curse, but I'd not do it since you seem like religious person.Where did the time go today?

PS I haven't had a good ramathan for the last decade.Hopefully one day I'll observe Ramathan somewhere other than America....

Indhoos   

Favorite Ramadan memory was back home when the entire extended family were sitting at the table to break the fast at the same time...

Ramadan is here alhamdulilah, I ask allah to forgive us and make all of our deeds worthy and rewarded insha-allah.

N.O.R.F   

Start of Ramadan is always sweet. Everyone is smiling all of a sudden. Kids love it too.

*dreaming of sambusa with watermelon juice*

Oz   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I'm looking forward to this Ramadan... Walaahi I am counting the days!

Cheers

every weekend iftar at your place, can't wait, then taraweeh at mowlana # huntingdale mosque :D

ps: am just happy that ramadhan is here

Buuxo   

^huntingdale has a mosque?

Subhanallah ,Ramadan is nearly here.Im not looking forward to rotating shifts & fasting.

My favourite Ramadan memories are ,when I was in NZ,we had small close-knit muslim community & We use to have Iftar at the mosque.Each night we had different host and enjoyed variety of foods.We had somali food,Indian,Malay,Ir aq, Morocan etc.

Juxa   

towbada iyo towfiiqda allaha na waafajiyo aamiin.

sadly this is going to be first ramadan without mom.

Aaliyyah   

^am sorry to hear that walaalo. Things will get better inshallah with time....

All that we can do for our loved ones is live righteous life and make dua for them.

salaam

Originally posted by Torres:

^Early iftar for you guys right?

Haa sxb

Oz...that is right buddy! Striaght after the soccer game....

Hilib yaan kaa dharjinaa. I have Foreman Grill the best thing since muufo was invented!

Cheers

Time seems to enjoy playing spoiler in our lives, time is the sadistic cousin of death. When you're bored and need it to hurry, it likes to take it's bloody time, when you doin something important, monumental, entertaining, you run out of time. Where did the time go? The times are changing. It was the best of times it was the worst of times. Time is on my side. Time waits for no man. Great, it looks like I've just wasted more time.