Sign in to follow this  
shyhem

Is Your City Stup!d?

shyhem   

I apologise in advance for the folks living outside of USA.And for the brown eyed Somericans here is u'r results.

As usual my city rocks.Ironically,even a college dropout like me couldn't drag her grades down.But again i'm college dropout in minneapolis which basically means maintaining good grades was a never problem with me.I had other issues to take care of and i will definately be back in school to pick from where i had left at a time of my own choosing Inshallah.Anyway here are the rankings from Menshealth Magazine

Is Your City Stup!d?

Find out how your city ranks in intelligence. These Metrogrades results ain't brain surgery

Edited by: Liesa Goins

Unless you're trying to run an Internet scam, life is easier when you can avoid dummies. Which means the residents of Fort Wayne, Indiana, face a challenge: That's the town that ranks last in our measures of intelligence. (Dan Quayle grew up just outside Fort Wayne. Coincidence?) Indiana's second-largest city can't be completely lacking in smarts, though--the NBA started there.

We based our rankings on the number of bachelor's degrees per capita, the number of universities, inhabitants' SAT scores, state creativity scores as assessed by Catalytix and the Richard Florida Creativity Group, and the number of Nobel Prize winners for physics and medicine born within the towns' borders.

When our crew of brains finished crunching the numbers, Minneapolis came out as the nation's valedictorian. Boston and Denver also sit at the head of the class.

Your City's Grade

1. Minneapolis, MN A+

2. Boston, MA A+

3. Denver, CO A+

4. St. Paul, MN A+

5. Seattle, WA A+

6. San Francisco, CA A+

7. Madison, WI A

8. San Diego, CA A

9. Colorado Springs, CO A-

10. Portland, OR A-

11. Chicago, IL A-

12. (tie) Kansas City, MO A-

Los Angeles, CA A-

14. San Jose, CA B+

15. (tie) Sacramento, CA B+

Oakland, CA B+

Nashville, TN B+

18. Des Moines, IA B+

19. Columbus, OH B+

20. Lincoln, NE B+

21. Tulsa, OK B+

22. Omaha, NE B

23. Fremont, CA B

24. Austin, TX B

25. Baton Rouge, LA B

26. Wichita, KS B

27. Cincinnati, OH B-

28. New Orleans, LA B-

29. Lexington-Fayette, KY B-

30. Oklahoma City, OK B-

31. Salt Lake City, UT B-

32. (tie) Spokane, WA B-

New York, NY B-

34. Charlotte, NC B-

Physical actions can rev up your brain, says Daniel Amen, M.D., a brain-imaging expert.

> To gain focus, make a C with your thumb and index finger and use it to rub the area on either side of your breastbone, below your collarbone, with your other hand over your navel. Change hands and repeat.

35. (tie) St. Louis, MO C+

Richmond, VA C+

37. Boise, ID C+

38. Birmingham, AL C+

39. Milwaukee, WI C+

40. Phoenix, AZ C+

41. Jersey City, NJ C+

42. Virginia Beach, VA C+

43. (tie) Albuquerque, NM C+ Raleigh, NC C+

45. (tie) Aurora, CO C+

Grand Rapids, MI C+

47. Norfolk, VA C+

48. Little Rock, AR C+

49. Atlanta, GA C+

50. (tie) Durham, NC C

Dallas, TX C

52. Memphis, TN C

53. Akron, OH C

54. Arlington, VA C

55. Montgomery, AL C

56. Washington, DC C

57. Long Beach, CA C

58. Louisville, KY C-

59. (tie) Houston, TX C-

Anaheim, CA C-

61. Rochester, NY C-

62. Chesapeake, VA C-

63. Pittsburgh, PA C-

64. (tie) Tacoma, WA C-

Tucson, AZ C-

Fresno, CA C-

67. Mesa, AZ C-

68. Baltimore, MD C-

69. Indianapolis, IN C-

70. Honolulu, HI C-

Do You Remember Me?

Give your short-term memory a boost by pulling the outer edge of your ear, starting at the top and moving down to the lobe.

71. Orlando, CA D+

72. Shreveport, LA D+

73. Anchorage, AK D+

74. Cleveland, OH D+

75. Scottsdale, AZ D+

76. Lubbock, TX D+

77. Bakersfield, CA D+

78. Detroit, MI D+

79. San Antonio, TX D+

80. (tie) Riverside, CA D+

Jacksonville, FL D+

82. Fort Worth, TX D+

83. Philadelphia, PA D

84. Modesto, CA D

85. (tie) Toledo, OH D

Stockton, CA D

87. Yonkers, NY D

88. Garland, TX D

89. Buffalo, NY D

90. Plano, TX D

91. Tampa, FL D

92. Providence, RI D-

93. St. Petersburg, FL D-

94. Miami, FL D-

95. Greensboro, NC D-

96. El Paso, TX F

97. Newark, NJ F

98. Las Vegas, NV F

99. Laredo, TX F

100. Corpus Christi, TX F

101. Fort Wayne, IN F

Memory Game

This exercise improves memory and coordination: While standing, alternate touching your left knee with your right hand and your right knee with your left hand. Repeat 15 times.

If you think the above results was flawed how about you check this,especially the part that says Somali taxi driver with advanced degree in computer programming.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/generaltech/article/0,20967,1027220,00.html

shyhem   

mombasa queen

Duluth can get boring during the winter but i think it's a beautiful place come summertime.I can't say so for St Paul,Infact i don't know anything about St paul.

Pujah   

waa wareey this city, i am refering to the city i live in actually has B+....no wonder nothing exciting happens here...ileen waa bunch of averages...

I need to move to the smartest city eh ...if only i knew what city that was :rolleyes:

Hebel   

And, is this the reason why you dropped out of collage?

Your parents sent you to be better than them, and you dropped out and went on all out freaking Girls Gone Wild video tryout?

Is this according to how many parties each city hosts or is it how many 50 Cent look alike are there?

Get me out of this misery and tell me why in the freaking hell did you do this.

Why damn you, Why?

shyhem   

^^^^

E-Z brother,hopefully u'r city will be smarter by next year.

Runaway Virgin

Which county are you representing now,Maimi dade or Virginia beach.

Ay kutubeey

I need to move to the smartest city eh ...if only i knew what city that was

Is it the glasses or u didn't read the rankings. Minneapolis indeed is the smartest city according to the above rankings.

Besbaaso

I guess you talking about Seatle,home of Boeing and Microsoft.

Hebel

And, is this the reason why you dropped out of collage?

.What do u mean by "is this" and what on earth are you talking about.

Your parents sent you to be better than them, and you dropped out and went on all out freaking Girls Gone Wild video tryout?

Assumption # 1..My parent did not send me anywhere nor do they want me to be better than them.They just want me to be who iam and who iam is better than who i was.My parent do not judge me on what they have achieved but rather on what i have not achieved.

.Assumption # 2...I did not dropout of college to go on an all out of freaking girls gone wild video tryout.

Assumption #3...I'm not agirl nor did i do a"tryout" for any girl video.

Is this according to how many parties each city hosts or is it how many 50 Cent look alike are there?

Until now,this must be the most stup!d question i ever come across on this website....... Scroll up the article and check the reasons menshealth give for the rankings.

Get me out of this misery and tell me why in the freaking hell did you do this.

Now its official,this is the most stup!d question i have ever seen on this website.

Why damn you, Why?

Ok this is becoming weird, and i'm not sure how to deal with you.Please sit here and i will go and get a psychologist to evalute you.

Pujah   

Shyhem

Ya had to pick on my failing vision eh! :mad:

seriously though menshealth magazine needs to check their facts, cuz aint nothing special about minifaboulas ;)

shyhem   

Bachelor

Yeah,not bad at all,considering u have fine latinas in cali and Tijuana ain't that far from the boarder.

Ay kutubeey

Don't worry about the falling vision we have the finest Doctors in mpls who will correct that. You just have say whether you want contacts or lasik surgery.

seriously though menshealth magazine needs to check their facts, cuz aint nothing special about minifaboulas
;)

How dare you say that.How about me to start with :D ..............Seriously though it depends on who you hang out with and what is it that you're exactly looking for.I can assure you it will definately be better than columbus especially cleveland avenue and Morse road or as u guys call it (morris road)

Curly   

I didn't really expect Miami and los Vegas to fair too well. I guess I was right!

I guess the perception you get from the media over in the UK is pretty accurate.

Though I think Houston should have had a lower rating, I wonder if they did a t-test to show the relationship between the intellectual average of each city and the average wealth or deprivation in each city what it would implicate. Or maybe the percentage of ethnic minorities in a city against their rating on the intellectual league table.

However I hope you’re all aware that these scores are averages and can not be trusted, for example in the Uk it is estimated that the average person earn £84,000 a year. I know I don’t! smile.gif But I guess if you have such a large range you’re expected to have averages that off!

I guess the beantown rocks then!!!

With Harvard, MIT, Northeastern, BU, BC, Tufts, UMass, Suffolk,et cetera, I thought Boston might have more universities, and more bachelors per capital than MNPLS.