Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

WOMEN'S HEALTH- - -LETS EDUCATE OURSELVES

Check this out. It talks about sexually transmitted infections.

P.S. Its written in Somali ( I couldnt read it...but maybe those who can, can summarize it for us smile.gif )

P.P.S. Where are all the people in the health field hiding? We'd all appreciate it if you share your knowlege with us. ANd even if you think that it wont help anyone...it probably will. Thnx

http://www.health.vic.gov.au/ideas/downloads/languages/sti_booklet_somali.pdf

As-salaam alaykum...

Al-hamdulillah i already know about the house hold hazards, and i don't use whit king also known as geef, sister about the bleaching Cream you would have to be a foll not to know the out comes, i think our somali women do it to look a lil bright for two weeks thats if they're lucky

it's SAD innit?

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Something else you should know.

As Damsel has already said Mercury is a main ingredient in the whitening creams that our women use to so called "BEAUTIFY" themselves. So what exactly is mercury doing to your skin???

Mercury is a toxic chemical that directly affects the cells in your body. It does this by sulfhydryl groups of enzymes (enzymes are derived from proteins and produced in the cells or your body) in your body to cause irreversible damage. In addition to causing cell death Mercury also acculumates in your body because it cannot be broken down. When there is an accumulation of mercury in the body more and more cells are killed.

The affects of using Mercury of the skin are both immediate and long term. The mercury in the creams seeps into your skin and it stock piles itself in you cells, both living cells and the dead cells. And if you are wondering why you are able to whiten your skin with this chemical it's actually very simple to understand. The whiteness is caused by the death of cells. It is like, NO actually, it is having the chemical eat away your skin. And with the chemical the skin also loses it natural color (which is stored in the Melanocytes of you skin), elasticity, contractability and it natural ability your skin has to keep out germs, virus and bacteria as well as the harmful rays of the sun. So it is not good and healthy skin you are seeing when you look into the mirror, what you are seeing is a bunch of useless dead cells. My question to you is "So what good is it to be white if you are a walking pile of dead skin"?