Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

The word Somali should be abolished

Polanyi   

The first recorded instance of the name occured in the middle ages when a xabashi king killed his eminence Sheikh Saad adiin, the emir of the northern cushitics, and then glorified his victory over the "Somalis" in a poem. Today, the name is associated with all kinds of ugly traits and many Somalis kids are ashamed of it. I believe the time is correct for Somalis to come up with a new name and rename their country.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Polanyi:

^^ WE should ban you for tarnishing che guevera's name.

LoooooL. :D:D:D

Che sxb, wax isula har. :D

Haatu   

C'mon Blessed, not all of us (err, I mean them :D ), are useless. Some of us/them still know n love their dhaqan and nation.

Originally posted by MZanzi:

Kan yari miyuu horta is fooxiya saw asagan mowjad kale iska shitay

Blessed* dadbaa Quuraan saar ubaahan in the other thread but maybe asna in lasaaro waaye.

Haatu...Maxaad sheegeysaa?

Chimera   

Somaali baan ahay!!!!

You don't see the Chinese asking for their name to abolished just because there are triads shipping women and children in containers for sexual exploitation.

This would be the coward's way out. There will be a time when things are better, and we will rightfully reclaim this name and promote it globally in a positive light.

Cawaale   

Originally posted by Polanyi:

The first recorded instance of the name occured in the middle ages when a xabashi king killed his eminence Sheikh Saad adiin, the emir of the northern cushitics, and then glorified his victory over the "Somalis" in a poem. Today, the name is associated with all kinds of ugly traits and
many Somalis kids are ashamed of it
. I believe the time is correct for Somalis to come up with a new name and rename their country.

^very self explanatory post i say.