Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Married For 81 Years.

BOB   

This is a Feel Good kind of topic particularly for those of us who believe in Love & Marriage.

London - A British historian has discovered the tomb of a couple married for 81 years, accepted by Guinness World Records as historically unique.

Thomas and Elizabeth Morgan celebrated their marriage in Cwmbran, Wales in May, 1809, which ended with her death in January 1891 when she had just turned 105 and he was 104 and 260 days.

at the time, they had a combined age of 209 years, a record for a married couple.

Thomas Morgan died in January 1893 at the age of 106 and 270 days.

Historian Graham Lawrence, 72, came across their ivy-covered tombstone by chance during a walk, and found out that the couple had 17 grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren.

That's Beautiful.

Peace, Love & Unity.

chubacka   

damn, can someone do the maths an find out how old they were when they got married?

I would appreciate that you clever peeps from sol...

married for 81 yrs, dies at 105...she married and 24 yres old, and her husband most likely the same age (hes only a couple of months younger)

Xoogsade,

I agree with you brother, being above 60 terrifies me as well. I give you permission to put me outta my misery on my 61st birthday in sickness or in good health.

asxantu

Diamante   

^^ bisinka...who to say you will reach 60 for that matters, you might be put out of your misery before that

soomaalida meel humour looga baahneen maxee humour oga raadiyaan talow :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing BOB, when reading that, it wasn't about how old they got. For me it was about the dedication and commitment it required for them to reach 81 years of marriage. Masha Allah

------------------

I don't believe in emails. I'm an old fashioned girl. I believe in calling and hanging up

A Somali wise man has said, "great men always discover the different tastes of life by reaching the limit of their marriage rights". I think only an idoitic man would find easy under the shades of one woman!

Mashallah thats what I call marriage. smile.gif

>>>sighs sings along toI swear by the moon and the stars in the sky , I'll be there. For better or worst, till death do us part, I will love you to every beat of my heart , I swear.... ;)

Alle ubaahne, uve got issues bro. Idiotic?? U forget that women metamorphise.They never stay the same. :D

Iffah   

Originally posted by runaway^virgin:

That's deep!! they were really old, I wonder who changed their teeth or anything that needed to be changed?

Lol! She prolly did all the changing & cleaning till she croaked.

And they say the guy had it bad :rolleyes:

Senora   

A Somali wise man has said, "great men always discover the different tastes of life by reaching the limit of their marriage rights". I think only an idoitic man would find easy under the shades of one woman!

Freak!

Super Freak!, I'm a freak!Super Freak!, I'm a freak!

A closet freak!A freak!Awwww a freak..la la la la la la la......freak! Freak!

oops! did i sing that out loud?, Damn Cee Lo. :D