Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Work- stiffling,,,,,,,,,,, What about you?

Fabregas   

not gaalnimo as in you leave the fold of Islam. As in listening to people gossip, talk about their girlfriends, how they get drunk, iyo balayo kale does something to your iman. And then Christmas, birthdays, invitations to parties, etc.

That is if you're an extremely conservative Soomaali, dad ba sida MO from Big Brother iskala qasda.

neway, i wont hijack your topic, maybe office life is a topic for the Islamci section.

^ that reminds of 'team building' activities most of them I'm cool with such as the golf/mini golf, paint ball, video game competition .. but lately they have been turning into 'lets meet up for an evening at the bar' ... and they even suggested i be the designated driver after refusing to go ... so there are some sticky situations involved but nothing that cant be managed.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^is that the second one in his series of books? I've been told it's a lot of the first book repeated. I have read the next one along. Always wanted to strike off on my own; by end of year I hope to be free of bosses.

DD, you want to start a Somali women in business thing? Or join me on networking events? Don't know what you're up to but we could buddy up and support one another if nothing else.

I am harmless.
LoL.

Of course you are harmless hon. I will totally ignore the scars/bruises of some SOL blokes have been nursing for the past few years smile.gif

I will open a thread in the business section right away..we need to network.

Originally posted by Ms DD:

quote:Originally posted by sheherazade:

^is that the second one in his series of books? I've been told it's a lot of the first book repeated. I have read the next one along. Always wanted to strike off on my own; by end of year I hope to be free of bosses.

DD, you want to start a Somali women in business thing? Or join me on networking events? Don't know what you're up to but we could buddy up and support one another if nothing else.

I am harmless.
LoL.

Of course you are harmless hon. I will totally ignore the scars/bruises of some SOL blokes have been nursing for the past few years
smile.gif

I will open a thread in the business section right away..we need to network.
it's been a couple of years since I've manhandled anyone here :D . I don't do arguing anymore. Mud sticks. Not that I care, let them lick their wounds whilst I get rich. Will go look for your topic.

flogging balls to somali men ... i hope this means something other than i what i think it does .. peculiar brit english perhaps ?

Originally posted by +Faheema:

^Here's brit english that will clarify it for you
smile.gif

It does exactly what it says on the tin

Tan baaba ka daran duniyo! Dee inoo fasir,inaar smile.gif

lol@Faheema ... if i take it at face value .. flogging the jewels is torture not a business idea ... unless someone is planning to sell their services to uncle sam.

well I as giving Shez the benefit of the doubt. i didnt think inay Faaraxs hala dhufaano la soo shir tagtay as a business idea redface.gif