Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Memories from Home!!!

Miz-Unique...I do remember a guy who use to be in suuq jungal, and was little nuts. Kids use to annoy him.

Juxa.....I used to go there every now and than. It was not that from my home. I used to live near Ceel Maxmed Cali Baare, iyo Baar Kiish.

Maajo...Glad to hear that you enjoy it.... anigaba anoo kalee qoslaaye arkey.

Lakkad....God Qs, and how do they make the load stays in place?

MMA.....Thanks for pics, and thanks again specially for the last one. I use to go Yaasin Cusmaan just across the Taalo.... Watched many afte-school fights there... how many waraa baanaka iskayn did heard.....lol

later nomads

Changed   

.che i used to live near baar kish too..

do by anychance know jiiro called jiiro joogso(am not sure)

juxa i think we were neighbors too smile.gif i have a gut feeling it will be reunion of the somalis living in suuq jungal and hurwaa area, btw we lived in between jungal and hurwaa,

Haaruun   

MMA, waraa adiga ilin aad anaga keentey, I lost it as soon as I saw Huteel taleex...we used to swim that bool in the picture...some of us wld swim while others wld wacth the security guards..abeene aa firimbi maqashid kala ordaa ka dhici jirtey..ar laakiin waardiye yaasha koo qabiidaa ku jirey, ma hari jirin ilaa iyo inta uu booc booca tarabuunka 2ba jeer uu kugu soo wareejiyo...

Me, I grew up near dabka, but later moved to kasabobolaare...near African village, any1 who was ciiyaal Afriik, ciyaal bronix, or ciyaal taleex pls halla @ me. ...

MMA tnx man, u brought back some golden memories

me   

Soomaali4.jpg

It can't be, this statue was in front of my school in Muqdisho. It was in front of Yaasiin Cismaan. Near the Ministry of health and the old parliament or was it supreme court.

Yaasiin Cismaan maa dhigan jirta?

I believe that's tomb of the unknown soldier. To the right of it was Yaasiin Cusmaan, and the old court house is to the left.N there was Hindi school behind it.

me   

yea man, hahahahaha, it funny, i was there even the day the war began, we were sitting an arabic and diin exam.

me   

Most kids used to st on the stairs of the ministry of health, at the taalo, usually at night there used to be 'ciyaala suuqs'

and mannn the fights every afternoon.

Yea the statue commemorates the unknown soldier, it had a star on top of it.

me   

^me too 5aad aan ku jiray,6aad aan u socday. I remember we weren't allowed to leave until some one picked us up. parents were jumping the walls looking for their kids.

Man everyone was running like headless chicken that day.

me   

5A or 5B

All I know is we were the best at KADIS and I was capo galaas :D

The teachers went from OK to crap, I remember we used to be taught by good qualified teachers and all of the sudden some kids were teaching us who freshly graduated from lafoole or some place.

Small world indeed, if I only knew my friends from schools last names.

I used to be in J or X. I enjoyed the Kadis, but hated Carabik and Diin class. I can't remember most the kids, but I do remember couple gals called Nimco-they were taller than the rest of the kids. And one of them seemed she was from Baadiye.

me   

Which school was our enemy? was it Xidigta October? or Xaawo Taako?

I think they were called nimco & Muna and the muna was taller.

I remember this dude named khalid also reer waqooyi,and this kid I think he was the son of ina cumar jees (the one that was the minister that died) we used to be a posse.

My memory is messed up, but I had some good times at that school.

I remember corruption at that school too, I was the best of the class a whole year long and at the end of the year the best of the class used to get a present I remember some st-upid kid from my class getting the present, why he got it? hmmmm, could it be that his dad bribed the principal?