Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Memories from Home!!!

I think Xaawo Taako was our nemesis. Apparently they were better than us.

Are you talking nimco gaabee in class B. Her brother was in sixth grade. Midoo gaaban oo kibir badan aheed. Dadka walaalkeed looga cabsoon jiray.

The two nimco's Iam talking were in class J or X.

I missed the fights at the taalo.

And remember the ladies selling bajiye and bataati at the front.

N what was principle's name?

me   

GRRRR Xaawo taako! btw Xaawo Taako was not better then us :D school pride please.

I don't know the principals name, I know how she looked like, she was tall,dark, used to wear glasses and she was tuff, everyone was scared of her.

I remember the bajiyes, and the bread with tuna or bread with sambuuse sold at school. I also remember this female teacher bringing sisin balls or laws balls. Mannnnn now it all makes sense the teachers had it bad in those days and she was trying to make some extra money selling those candy at school.

What was the brother of that nimco called?

Zafir   

I believe her name was Zaynab or Samsam one of the two, I am not too sure. But she was a lovely lady.

Does either of you remembers that cure lady teacher who use to teach science's name? she was too young for a teacher wasn't she?

me   

^^man i was too busy making paper airplanes or telling other kids miiska madaxa saar or dhagaha qabso. So wasn't checking up the teachers.

Meeshaas monument ku taalo Daljirka Dahsoon waaye. Magac qurxoonaa. Daljirka Dahsoon. Indeed.

Agagaarkaas waligeey ma gaarin. In fact, Fiya-eejito iyo Dahablaha oo Ceelgaab iyo Xamarweyne ka tirsanaa waligeey ma u dhaafin dhanka waqooyiga Xamar.

Fiya-eejita hooyadeen u raaci jiray markee baqaaraha xaga ku yaalay wax ka doonan jirtay, oo bodyguards u ahayn, I and my older brother. Boorsadeeda ilaalin jirnay because once iyadoo iska warqabin sakiin la mariye boorsada, oo wixii ku jiray laga baxsaday; since that day, gadaasheeda socon jirnay marmar ee Ceelgaab, Xamarweyne iyo meelahaas aado, even as a 8-year-old and 9-year-old boys.

Watch this

, by the way. It is a recent video laga soo aaday that area, including iskoolka Bartamaha, Baar Fiat, wasaaradihii, wakaaladihii iyo madbacadihii meeshaas ku yaalay, iyo hoteladii caanka ahaa too, sida kan Jubba.

Foxy   

^^ regarding the clip> one would imagine hadii magaaladii ay qabsadeen they would make an effort to atleast look after it not take out every glass window, every gate, everything that could be dismantled? and they guy who is filming goes on about how safe its is to film ever since the bloody courts came to power? what a joker? the bililiqo started agian the minute they took the cimaamada out and brought out their guns out. Ceeb walee

cheers

Chimera   

Mogadishu Stadium

Old parliament

Ceel Gaab Market

Nice shot of Sayyid statue

Beautiful residential area

View of the city I

View of the city II

View of the city III

http://www.dsm-ehemalige.de/

shit man we were a first class country rivalling anything in the Middle east

if our state didn't collapse man i wonder?? highest Skyscrapers in Africa??

me   

Bild7_Old_Parliament.jpg

This is a better picture of that square, the stairs next to the pink pillars where that taxi is parked is where the kids used to sit.

Thanx for the pics daveletterman

Bild11.jpg

Isbitaal Banaadir, meesha la igu dhalay.

Dankis Daa'uud Waraaqle, that site really has some wonderful, rare pictures from Soomaaliya.

Bild4.jpg

How indeed paradise-looking the country was, especially Xamar, which always reminds us what we single-handedly destroyed on our own hands. Shame. Eebbe ha idmo, we will try to rebuild.

Bild9.jpg

A typical xaafad with typical houses in Xamar, sadly reminding me how our xaafad looked like.

Ms DD   

Salaam

Thanks for this walaalayaal. I was just thinking about my old school Xaawo Taako and the theater and the library.. Then i was thinking of Yusuf Al Kowneyn and its surroundings...We had a country. Keep these pictures coming smile.gif

Ms DD   

Salaam eedo

Salaam aleykum Me

Long time no see. Inshallah you and your family are well.

About the country needing dusting off..I think it needs much more than that. Who built Mogadishu? Surely Somalis built some of those marvelous buildings with lovely architecture after we got our independence from the Italians.

Ibtisam   

Woow, these pictures are so nice, damn, why did we even leave the place, let alone stay away so long. I wonder how these places look now :(