Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Sista's Too Smart To Marry?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

What truths/ facts please do tell? All I see is a statement based on some bachaq bachaq xalimos that you happen to know and you opt to generalise the rest of Somali female by painting us with the same brush… honey that’s an assumptions not the truth so I say before you assume woman all want what you want just remember we are not alike we have our difference, you have not meet all the gals out there to award yourself the authority to speak for all of us, for future reference just say my friends.

It is my brush and I can paint anything I want...I didn't make an assumtion, I just wrote what I have seen...Not one, not two, not three, but a lot of them believe what I wrote...And if I make a general statement, it certainly doesn't mean you are in the statement...ie., I've seen this girl oo quraan isku aqriso every so ofter, cuz she is not married and is close to 40yrs of age, bisinka...Kuma diimin...

BTW, how old are you? I know it is errelevant, but if you are under 30yrs, you'll understand what I wrote once you get to that age and is still single...If you are 30yrs or older, and still single, then you definately understand what I am talking about...It is not that I want to put down single Somali female, but I am talking about what I've seen, and know for a fact...No offence of course... :D

underdog   

if he is turning the tide on us telling us that we have the problem and need to fix up like we lack something isn’t he the selfish one looking out for his self interest hence me me me?

Yareey,

its clear you didn't think this through. rambling on. But I think what you're trying to say is "If I want to change how you think and behave, I'm doing it for my own self-interest and thats selfish". That's gotta be the weakest come-back in history.

Since you sound like you just hopped off the short bus from school, let me make my point in different words (or as they say in Af Somali - Far waweyn aan kuugu qoraa) The whole premise of this thread is "SOME women (for whatever reason) cannot find a man". You reword that as "these available men ain't shyt". So if you pick up your crayon and connect the dots you'll see that its THOSE women that have the problem. I don't see any of the guys running around complaining there's no women out there. Reverse Psychology Kulaha...hahahaha.

Why not ask yourself why are the Somali man tailing behind their counterparts?

This seems to be coming up quite a bit in this thread.

Firstly, Trailing in what?

Secondly, Who are these elusive unnamed counterparts?

The Somali man in this day and age is not only educated and naturally talented, but is also excelling in every field. You probably haven't seen those faraaxs because we don't spend our time bragging and we've become pretty good at staying away from problem-laden drama queens.

Allah ha kusahlo, its gonna be hard to get too far if you can't take criticism or admit you might have traits that need fixing.

Originally posted by underdog:

Firstly, who came up with this connection between desirability and education? I've seen some of these so-called educated women and I can tell you now the problem is NOT their degrees.

The problem is Selfishness, bad attitude, culture confusion and the personality of a barbed-wire fence.

Here's some free advice: If you can't see yourself putting your husband and your children first and sacrificing yourself for their happiness, you deserve what you get (which is usually squat).

So stop shifting blame and fix yourself. Educated or not, there's a multitude of women out here who understand what it would take for them to be appreciated and loved and the first step towards that is leaving the "me me me" attitude at the door.

...and you better believe that!

Underdog, I bet you fantasise about that old Somali tale of the perfect raaliyo. The one where she waits for her husband to return home with a jug of milk in one hand, a belt in the other and with her googarad duluc held with her teeth because she doesn't know what he would like to do first - drink the milk, beat her silly or shag her.

Bal candhuuftaada dib u liq, sidani si ma'aha ee! :D

Val, it's in fact true that you're 90% sugar and spice, and 10% everything nice.

Yes, Cara. But can I do additions and subtractions? The jury is still out on that one.

chubacka   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

^^What did you think we finished? And who started it?

I was trying to get this dumb topic to finish b/c it seems like everyting under the sun (and a bit more) has been said about it but i give up now. (as I was self employed it won't be much of a hassle.)

Anyway its obvious who started it but who is carrying it on?

Gediid   

I bet you fantasise about that old Somali tale of the perfect raaliyo. The one where she waits for her husband to return home with a jug of milk in one hand, a belt in the other and with her googarad duluc held with her teeth because she doesn't know what he would like to do first - drink the milk, beat her silly or shag her.

VAL

And I thought women liked men who were unpredictable....imika waxaad leedayahay predictable noqda....What about the guy with such a fetish and the girl raali hadey ka tahay.

That sentence had me cracking up, it was the funniest I have heard in a long time shukran yaa Val.... ;)

This thread is getting long, defensive and very repetitive...

Cut the crap and that 'I agree' 'dis agree' liner, stop the tit tat kinda talk... Thou I agree with initiator of the topic, you know here is why?

The good thing to have come out of this thread is that one can hunt for the Single SOL desperate and defensive ladies... Oops to ones avail a bit too old for a good hunt :D

All SSDDL's register so that the poor Faarax's can shortlist the right candidates in a speedy and more appropriate way. :D

Zafir   

^

Cut the crap and that
'I agree' 'dis agree' liner, stop the tit tat kinda talk...
Thou
I agree
with initiator of the topic, you know here is why?

Ehm.

Clever-Trevor, Runta iska sheeg, Maxay kugu tidhi? "mix it with the chicken Boombastic, I am not buying your crap" baa. :D

This whole topic is trivial.

After clearing my head of all these clutter that’s put on these pages, only What Val

wrote stood out, that's ofcource excluding the belt. Some of you might call that selective retention, but I assure it is not. That is what I read.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

The one where she waits for her husband to return home with a jug of milk in one hand, a belt in the other and with her googarad duluc held with her teeth because she doesn't know what he would like to do first - drink the milk, beat her silly or shag her.

LOOOOL. What a mental image! I'm picturing Val bitting her duluc. :D Kkkkkkkkkkkkk, and her hubby screaming out: "Naa isa sii tuur, waan soo socdaaye" from miles away.

Cara.   

^^LOL.

Wicked women.

If I was waiting at home holding a belt, it damn better be because I'm ready to lay down the law. Isagoo gariiraya guriga ha soo galo, rather :D

Underdog,

The whole premise of this thread is "SOME women (for whatever reason) cannot find a man".

The premise of this thread is that Clever-Trevor found his first gray hair this week, but still hasn't made a significant impact on the world or achieved any of his grand dreams, and he knows where the blame lies: All those women who fail to realize that "a smart woman makes a great man".

I don't see any of the guys running around complaining there's no women out there.

But that's because men are apparently attracted to eediots. Since eediots are far more abundant that non-eediots (in either sex), guys get their pick of any woman with an accessible uterus. Basic math.

The embarrassing thing, I think, is that a Somali man is complaining about Somali women having too high a standard, when in reality the standard for Somalis is hardly that they run Command Central at NASA or that they pull in 6-figure salaries or have books in the best-seller lists. We're talking about mere college education to make a decent living, for pete's sake. You don't have to be a genius to go to college, and in much of the world it's either free or heavily subsidized. It's not that not going to college makes you a loser. It's that, given opportunities people in Somalia can only dream off, to not strive for success when it's practically handed to you is not only lazy, but selfish and unattractive.

To top it off by whining about women not lowering their standards to "Must be breathing; must not drool" is cringe-inducing.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Cara:

You don't have to be a genius to go to college, and in much of the world it's either free or heavily subsidized.

That's news to me. Please tell me where all these free colleges are.

Anyways, no one wanted to translate that phrase I quoted in my last post.....

Ibtisam   

Serenity maa wqaaxaas baad underdog kuu amaansi? :rolleyes: seriously :D

Loool @Val! Thanks for the laugh! lol

It's that, given opportunities people in Somalia can only dream off, to not strive for success when it's practically handed to you is not only lazy, but selfish and unattractive.

Qadow!