Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Sista's Too Smart To Marry?

Ibtisam   

^^Why we already know what you think maarwoo :D

P.s. How are you? are you free yet, Have not seen you around in a while, when you off to Haji?

Ms DD   

I am at home today..lazing about :D and loving it.

No you dont know what I think on this. Ninkoo jaahil halkee lageynaa :D Midkoo Paris or Venice kugu soo suprise gareynayo ayaa fiican than broke farah with raamo hair smile.gif

-Lily-   

^^Miss D&D, we wouldn't mind hearing it missy.

Skipper, thanks for your brotherly concern, it appears I’m lucky to have come across the rarer breed of Faraxs who enjoy the company of women who hold such views, so to your dissapointment, I am indeed getting somewhere.

Ibtisam   

^^^Loool Ouch and congrats on your findings smile.gif

Mrs DD: Loool @ Midkoo pariso or venice kugu suprise gareynayo :D HAHA lol, okay, but still I have a feeling you have a lot to say, iska deeh please.

Originally posted by Ghanima:

[QB] ^^^^ I don't think anyone baa isxariifinayaa dear they just expressed their believes which does not affect you, why baad uu hoor jook taa! :mad:

Sure it deont affect me, but waxaan idin so gaardhsiinayaa or am relating to - my conventional wisdom. runtaan sheegayaa, runtuna waaba kama rays. :D

Ibtisam   

Sharmarkee, I don't like your theme of bullying these sisters into settling for under performing farax. Waax kaal oo runah sheek, see if angug qabsado your conventional wisdom. smile.gif

^^Ghanima, hadaad beentay moodayso waydii Edayday Zenobia iyo Ms D&D they know what am talking about. alas if hablahu know that, war baa ku seegan - dusty farah is like a golden pearl in a deep sea. :D Doqoni ma garatay dheh.lol

Nehanda   

KK-walaal the same is true for married women. There are those who wished they remained single.

We have different preferences and there is a high probability that certain men or women much prefer to be single rather than married.

Ms DD   

We love each other daddow..Yaana been isku sheegin, yaanan is nicin. Dusty farah walaa dusty xaliimo, polished farah walaa polished xaliimo, wadnaha place waanu isu heynaa for each other.

Ms DD in a hippy, tree-hugging mood.

Do you know how many girl friends I have, who are very well educated and single, over the age of 30yrs or about to turn 30yrs, and obsess about marriage?

All I hear from them is: 'there is no decent Faarax around any more' OR 'maxaa ku dhacay wiilashii single ka ahaa' OR 'magaaladiina Faaraxyo fiican ma joogaan miyaa?' or this is my fav 'adi ninkaaga wiilal single eh friends lama aha miyaa?'...

I find this statement so insulting it deserves no comment

As for the debate at hand… I find the whole idea that an educated woman now in our community are in crisis i.e. shortages of educated man blah blah and they have a problem since there standards shoot up as they get more educated as their potential males deteriorates, as they attempt to claim the corporate ladder they are missing out on marriage hence later find themselves wallowing in ohh my I need a husband and since no- one is good enough I have to compromise and marry the loser from loserville. Why should the woman compromise? Why should she settle for the loser anyway? Not to mention why should the educated Somali woman explain herself anyway? Why its not the Somali woman’s fault that Somali man are lagging behind and most of them are losers and opt to chew grass and reproduce like a vending machines. Am sorry take the somaliness out, any woman that strived to elevate herself to better position in life should never compromise and chose a man who is not her equal and if the numbers are changing and more Somali woman are improving there situation why should that be viewed as a crisis that’s a blessing as we all know once you educate a woman you educate an entire family clearly that’s a sound investment, as a society we should aim for and not sit her and go ohh my we have a crisis. As we all know most of the people who send money back home, help to raise money and build hospitals, schools etc are the Somali woman, who takes cares of the family after the man in the house mysteriously excuses himself the woman. Education is 1class ticket out of poverty and to a better life why not utilise it?

The fact a man chose to start this topic just makes me cringe I cant help but think why didn’t he bother to ask the man themselves why there lagging behind, why aren’t they able to take care of their families, why majority Somali man in London strive to become a bust driver why isn’t 80% Somalis in London are unemployed predominately man? Why ohh no he decided he needs to advice Somali educated woman that if she indeed needs to marry someone she needs to cut down on her education and yes marry the loser. If the animals in the jungle choose their mate based on the criteria if they can take care of them or not, alpha or not, Why should the educated woman settle for anything but her equal and if Somali man choose to lag behind then its their fault/loss cause who says one must marry a Somali?

That’s my 2cents and my mini break gone.. Ciao

Ps the fact that people in here have stated that the purpose of life is to get married,,,, that’s your purpose don’t assume everyone wants the same thing, if you are married then good for you but don’t sit here and insult the single gals by saying that marriage is the key to life and the choices we are making (education, career etc) are bad.. I mean who are you to pass judgement I can never understand why married people always assume that we single folks secretly pine to get married and have kids and when we get to certain age we will be pulling our hair like the comment above saying where are they, where can I find good educated somali man? Insulting truly insulting