Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Sista's Too Smart To Marry?

Som@li   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Can a man be Gumays?

Yes, but it is 50 :D , that is when a a man hits the middle age, and may need the wonder drug!lol. :D

Dabshid, is that supposed to hurt our feelings and make us enter holy-matrimony with the next faarax we think we can dust-up?

Dont just go for any Farah,if UK Farahs let you down, pay us a visit in UAE, you will be rewarded ;):D

A lot of guys are running to Marmishs to numb their feelings cus Halimos are demanding to much. :mad:

Kool_Kat   

I really love how some single women put on this 'I don't care if I ever get married' face...Deep down inside that's what they all want...Jiq markey ku noqoto bay waxeey iska dhaadhacsiiyaan qof wax bartay baan ahay, lacagteyda anaa shaqeysta, garigeyga anaa gatay, yaa nin ubaahan...You can do all that and be married...

Ghanima, what is the 'soul purpose' of existance anyway? Certainly not to get education...

Having a family is not a plus or accessory...How is having a child an accessory anyway?

Qofwalba aduunka wuu jecelyahay waxuu dhalay inuu keeno...

Pujah   

KK, don’t get it twisted, everyone wants to get married one day BUT that doesn’t mean we’re willing to settle for less. There is nothing that says the guy must be Somali...We have big ocean out there don’t limit yourself to the pond ;)

Kool_Kat   

Pujah, I didn't say they should settle for less...I certainly didn't...All I am saying is they shouldn't limit themselves, just cuz the person doesn't have a degree...

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

I really love how some single women put on this 'I don't care if I ever get married' face...Deep down inside that's what they all want...Jiq markey ku noqoto bay waxeey iska dhaadhacsiiyaan qof wax bartay baan ahay, lacagteyda anaa shaqeysta, garigeyga anaa gatay, yaa nin ubaahan...You can do all that and be married...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hodman   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Ghanima, what is the 'soul purpose' of existance anyway? Certainly not to get education...

Having a family is not a plus or accessory...How is having a child an accessory anyway?

Qofwalba aduunka wuu jecelyahay waxuu dhalay inuu keeno...

Who said we are all single to have that opinion? I am married and yes it is wonderful to have a family but I just don't think that it is a tragedy not to get married and as I said before life's not so bad when you are doing just fine with your degree and nice job. Look at the divorce rate in our community? I think those are the outcomes of just getting married coz tis the thing to do

if the sole purpose in life is not education it certainly is not marriage either

Naden   

^^ I think marriage is worth trying at least once, in the very least you can acquire those supernatural powers of knowing what some single women want 'deep down inside'.

An old sage once said that we see the world not as it is but as we are.

hodman   

^^ no doubt that it is worth trying I just have a hard time with this mentality that an unmarried woman is a guumays and all those other things that people associate with it. For lots of Somali people it is better to be twice or thrice divorced than be single, unmarried and in your thirties or beyond. One thing that gets me is the maahmaah that says "wax lagu talo xumaado waxaa u wanaagsan guur" The idea being that even if you wind up divorced then you have the experience or the kids to show for it...never mind the single parents suffering to bring up children or the children growing up without one of their parents

Naden   

^ No doubt. 'Guumays' or 'guun' are abusive words, not fit for use in this or any other time. Most people want companionship and a good marriage can improve the quality of a person's life. Worrying about marriage by a certain age is just foolishness; compatibility and readiness to support a family are much more important.

Jacpher   

^You murdered that maahmaah very well. It deserves a better understanding.

Do I sense the ladies are getting a bit defensive. Marriage is not obliged on mankind but it's Sunnah, a way of life, in Islamic point of view. Despite its negative connotation in the societies most of us live, it remains a top priority for our society and everyday topic, culturally and traditionally. It is very much compatible with career life. Don't just go into it with a set of wrong priorities and may I add, a bit too late.

Kool_Kat   
Hodman, did I say you were single? I certainly don't remember saying it...What's wrong with the divorce rate in our community? Divorce rates are high in every community...I don't see what's so special about our community...Life is not just about degree and nice job...It is about sharing all that with someone who you love and loves you back... ;)