Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Sista's Too Smart To Marry?

Kool_Kat   

Do you know how many girl friends I have, who are very well educated and single, over the age of 30yrs or about to turn 30yrs, and obsess about marriage?

All I hear from them is: 'there is no decent Faarax around any more' OR 'maxaa ku dhacay wiilashii single ka ahaa' OR 'magaaladiina Faaraxyo fiican ma joogaan miyaa?' or this is my fav 'adi ninkaaga wiilal single eh friends lama aha miyaa?'...

Once a woman reachs certain age, educated or not, she NEEDS a husband and family life...Been yeeynaan isku sheegin...

Ibtisam   

^^^^My dear Marriage and kids are a plus in life, not a must or a necessity for living. It is not the soul purpose of your existence nor the centre of everyone's universe. For some it is a privilege, for others it is the accessories of life.

NGONGE   

This idea that educated girls are smart must really stop. When it comes to courting, they're as smart as any uneducated Nomadic girl. In fact, I reckon that they're actually worse in that department.

Someone wrote that men like airheads! Could it be that the so-called airhead has no airs and graces? Is it possible that she acts natural and flutters her eyelashes when shy, smiles coyly when interested and plays with her hair (or the pin of her hijab) when complimented?

If men are intimidated by educated girls it's possibly because they've come across a few that regard the whole flirtation business as a sign of weakness and would expect to conclude the whole thing as if it's some business deal!

If they can't get married it is really not because there is a shortage of men, it's because they really don't want it hard enough. :D

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Once a woman reachs certain age, educated or not, she NEEDS a husband and family life...Been yeeynaan isku sheegin...

KK. no1 is contesting that having a loving husband and a great family is what every woman wants. Its how far one should sacrifice self to achieve that state we are debating here.

ONE Question to all , how do u define smartness i wonder ..

is a sister who @ 20 decided is best she got married and raise a famly any less smarter than the one da sister who persued her studies and a career.

puting sisters and brothers into categories based on wheather they hold a degree or not is so wrong.

Som@li   

^no, it was honest comment which will have little impact on you guys, You are all too opinionated!

Jimcaale, I am not Naar-shide, Acuudu bilaah

Blessed   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Someone wrote that men like airheads! Could it be that the so-called airhead has no airs and graces? Is it possible that she acts natural and flutters her eyelashes when shy, smiles coyly when interested and plays with her hair (or the pin of her hijab) when complimented?

If men are intimidated by educated girls it's possibly because they've come across a few that regard the whole flirtation business as a sign of weakness and would expect to conclude the whole thing as if it's some business deal!

If they can't get married it is really not because there is a shortage of men,
it's because they really don't want it hard enough.
:D

Mr. Faarax needs to drop the cheesey lines , dee. :D

But....