Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Marriage Marriage!!

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Greetings to all my beloved sisters in SOL's women's section. As the title of the thread states, marriage is very important thing in life. It makes the journey of life alot easier for both men and women, it provides comfort, joy, and most importantly children to leave behind to benefit us later on.

Some of you might still be asking what exactly are my intentions for posting this. Well my intentions are nothing more than what you can already sense throught the writings which is to encourage and remind us all the importance of marriage. Our prophet salalahu calayhi wasalam once said, "Yaa macsharal Shabaab, manistadaaca minkumul baa'a fal yatasawaj".Meaning , " O who you young udults, if you are able to get married, then get married". In this hadith, the prophet is encouraging us to get married at young age if we are able to take that responsibility and handle that duty. This means that you are able to provide your family with thier necessary needs etc.

However, before one can get married, he/she must first find a partner in which he/she can share his orher future. The following things, I think are the most important things to look in a guy. Why pick only a guy? well because this is the women's section isn't in it?

First the guy must be--

1. responsible ( able to handle family duties)

2. good character (not an aggresive, but patient person)

3. Knowledgeable (knows the rights of his family upon him provided by the religion offcourse)

4. Iman ( most important choice; must have faith in Allah)

5. finally, he must be of YOUR CHOICE ( partner which is chosen for you won't be a good idea, Kind a like a dress someone else bought you;possible that you may not like the size,color, or the fabric, same applies to marriage).

Finally, if you are still waiting to get married, just remember not to wait for too long.

Peace.

assalamu calaykum.

chubacka   

Salaam

I know marriage is a good thing and completes half your deen but ppl are different...some mature quickly than others and I don't think rushing into marriage even with good intentions is a good thing for everyone to do, especially if you want your marriage to last a lifetime rather than a few years...

make sure you do your research and make dua...

Johnny B   

Though living together without beeing married to each other is religiously forbidden, bringing a goodlooking strange in your life is not a better alternative, so how to go about?

A virtual test marriage?

A period where you consider yourself married while infact you´re not. :D

You need to be mature that is for sure, and also you need stability, and money - because it is the number one cause for divorce in north america.

Saalixa   

It is scary business...too many downs, little ups even with the ideal partner

AND TOO many Responsibilities!

I dont want to go there just yet

Castro   

Originally posted by Rayaana:

It is scary business...too many downs, little ups even with the ideal partner

AND TOO many
Responsibilities!

I dont want to go there just yet

Have no fear atheer, evolution has something called the xaax-factor to trick you into marriage and all the "TOO many Responsibilities!" that come with it. You may not want to go "there" now but you will. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

winnie   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

H It's just the way the cookie crumbles. [/QB]
C.C Bud Baxter

that is all.

*quietly exits stage left*

nemo   

Originally posted by Modesty:

I don't think i want to get married, I'll probably adopt kids.

What sis, is it that you don't want to go through all the pregnant process or just the marriage process? Am curious.

Rose   

Originally posted by Modesty:

I don't think i want to get married, I'll probably adopt kids.

Why is that sis? If you could elaborate as to why you don't want to marry barakAllahu feeki

To the sister that's started the post-May Allah reward you..If one can get married get married it would greatly reduce fitna/temptation

Qac Qaac   

excuse me who said marriage is too much to handle.. well let me just say for those of you who are not married yet.. you guys are missing out, and for those of you who are in their 20s living in western countries going to schools or work in these countries.. with out marriage i don't know who u guys would surfive unless u guys bring this bf/gf thing..

Tuujiye   

Waraa kir mataqaantaa..!!!! Aroos muxuu noogala maqan yahay?.. Waxaaba ka dhigteen wax la'aantiis la noolaan karin...

If you don't think you could hold yourself anymore and you need a F/M right away, then you should get marries ASAP..but if you could hold your self and wait, then get your ish straight before you knock a chick down..na'mean!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Modesty   

The reason as to why I choose not to get married is mainly because of the whole process of marriage and expectations especially from our culture.

Pucca   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

excuse me who said marriage is too much to handle.. well let me just say for those of you who are not married yet.. you guys are missing out, and for those of you who are in their 20s living in western countries going to schools or work in these countries.. with out marriage i don't know who u guys would surfive unless u guys bring this bf/gf thing..

an expert so soon? double mashallah qac, i suppose in just a week or two you've seen what marriage is all bout...give another year or two? perhaps till a baby comes... your thoughts on whether marriage is hard or not will change.

modesty, sis dont worry your pretty head much bout marriage. if its written for you to wed then it shall happen ..if not, you shall be happily single till the end. ^_^ cant do much but wait and see ...

all things have both the good and the ugly...marriage is no different.

*exits*