Chimera

Age of Pericles

Chimera   

nintendo-entertainment-system.jpg

Felix the Cat

250px-FelixTheCatGame.jpg

Mario

5-SuperMarioBros-Nintendo.png

I still remember playing these games as a 5 year old for hours and hours and hours, ah no worries, no responsibilities, just gaming like a zombie with your siblings until YO mama grabbed you by the shirt to spoonfeed you batati iyo FRIKANDEL :D ..mmmmm

Sigh smile.gif

ah yes good times indeed. Mind you i started off on the SNES then moved on to the Megadrive, was probably the only person on the planet to buy Sega Saturn (it flopped badly :( )before the era of the PS's.

i don't get excited about games as i used to :( . Last time i had a proper marathon infornt of the telly was GTA Vice City smile.gif .

ahhh why can't i be 6 forever :D

Aaliyyah   

^^^yeah to be 6 forevr is heaven...am sure life would be pricless. But, at some point you gotta grow up and you dont hav a choice bt to embrace it smile.gif

Chimera   

Archdemos, the only highlight on Sega was Sonic the Hedgehog :D

Aaliya besides my brothers i used to fight my sisters too for control of a joystick, since we were a large family, one of them even pushed me of a small stair in our house because i defeated her in Double Dragon, they were true game fanatics

But those were the days..

Aaliyyah   

^lol childhood is priceless growing up I used to fight with my brothers part of growing up i guess bt i really cant remember over what precisely lol bt it wasnt video games never was into that lol...n I remember my dad siding with me almost all the time being his little girl...I definitely missed being my dad's little angel ;)

so ur sister actually pushed u down the stairs hehhe...thats so adorable. Hope you learned your lesson. :D

salaam

Urban   

Ah of course, who can forget blowing at the game cartridge a few times whenever it didn't start properly (and sometimes into the cartridge slot just to make sure). Never failed me once :D .

Back in the day we could only afford a famicom anyway, I think only one person had a mega drive in our village, that was a big deal. I still remember owning our first mega drive though, but it was when everyone upgraded to the PlayStation lol.

I can't remember many game titles, but Ice Climber and Supermario were my favourites. The flying turtles in mario used to scare the crap out of me.

Chimera   

Aalia, I actually ended up with stitches. I still remember the look on my sister's face as i stood up and felt the blood dripping past my right eye, she thought she had killed me lol. My mother decimated her for that stunt, but luckily for my sister we had a system of bailing eachother out by grabbing our mother's arms equipped with radio cables and beg for forgiveness as a group.(but that didn't always work though)

Originally posted by Urban:

Ah of course, who can forget blowing at the game cartridge a few times whenever it didn't start properly (and sometimes into the cartridge slot just to make sure). Never failed me once
:D

Hahaha, we lost a few games like that because some of us geniuses were chewing gum while blowing the cartridge causing it to stick in between :D

Blessed   

lol@blowing on the catridge. I used to do that. It was sonic for us and fighting my brother for taking extra turns and then ending up sucking up to him to get me into the 'special stage'. Hahaha. I miss those days. I miss my bro. :( Ah!

^ icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Zafir:

Who remembers the Garaanger? or playing bugle? or Tarakh? or shaanis/Turub?

Who could forget those. I remember turub with dambas, biyo cusbo or simple lacag incase you lose.We used to play iskaaley or bacshare

Zafir   

Malika, :D:D Hala yaa Sayadatil Gamiila. I am not that old, it's just that when the posters above were sipping casiir and playing video games in some foreign country. I was out in the streets chasing Somali bulacs ( lizard)so I could cut off their tails and watch it wiggle, somehow that cruelty used to bring so much joy.

Zafir   

LoL@Che, lagdinta dhulka maa lagula dhici jiray? I used to be a like a rock, no one ever moved me and when I sense they are gettin tired, suxulada aan murxin jiray. I have five sisters with suxulu diirdiiran, Lagdinta guriga anigaa ugu sitay.