Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Happy Christmas

roobleh   

Happy Christmas, and happy Eid too!

Yes, Muslims can celebrate Christmas too, and I'm talking about those who do really understand Islam. But it's a different story for those Muslims who do not understand how Prophet Mohammad(peace and blessings be upon him) had tolerated those who follow the Bible and Tawrah.

This is what Allah says about dealings with Jews and Christians, "Do not argue with the People of the Book unless it is in the politest manner, except for those of them who do wrong. Say: 'We believe in what has been sent down to us and what has been sent down to you. Our God and your God is [the same] One, and we are Muslims before Him'" (Quran, 29:46).

According to Ibn e Saad and Ibn Hisham(Islamic historians), Prophet Mohammad allowed bishop Usquf and his followers from Najran in Yemen to pray in his own Mosque in Madinah, and the Prophet told them, "conduct your service here in the mosque. It is a place consecrated to God."

Chrismas is a holiday to commemorate the birth of Jesus, peace be upon him, and is not an ancient pagan practice. Respect other religions and yours will be respected. Remember that respecting other religions does not mean compromise.

Emperor   

^Attention miyaad rabtaa adeer, or perhaps think this will make the most popular thread before the end of the year. Not funny and no one really cares.

PS: I can only advice you not to do one thing, qoute and mis-quote the Qur'an or the Prophet peace be upon him... as Muslims we are not allowed to celebrate and have festives any day other than Eid Ald-ha and Eid Al-fdri, not even the birth date of Prophet of Al-islam, prophet Mohamed Peace be upon him.

^^ what do we have here, the shabab boyz minister of information and religious indoctrination and propagation! Christmas is not even about deen any more saxib! It’s a festive time of the year! Just enjoy it.

Fabregas   

What does respecting other religions have to do with celebrating christmas? waba cajib eh. Secondly, the ayats you posted and the examples you gave are not sufficient proof to show that muslims can celebrate Christmas. Think about this prophetic hadith ya muslimeen:

"You, my nation! You follow the practices of the ancients and you will go inch by inch and cubit by cubit the ways the ancients travelled; if they went one inch you will also go one inch, and if they went one cubit you will also go one cubit, to the point where if one of them had entered a lizards hole one of you will also enter a lizards hole." 77 The followers questioned: Do you mean the Jews and the Christians when you mention the ancients? Will we be like the Jews and Christians? Will we do as they? The Holy Prophet (s.a.w) replied: Then who do I speak of?"

Emperor   

Marxm aha, the confused men of SOL mistake me for Alshabaab, now that's really funny :D

Adeer it's about Diin, what is Christman day suppose to be if its not the Christians day, Marx you getting ahead of yourself, far too ilbaxnimo, relax my man and see the reality for what the truth is and for what you really are as a Muslim person...

PS: I am bored tonight, all the TV stations, films or movies, shows and the news are inundating us with this Christmas BS... SOL ayaan iska soo fariistay and it is boring too, I guess everyone went out to enjoy the christmas except MaRx, halkaanuu isoo horfadhiyaa, waryaa why shouldn't go out for the Chritmas if you really want to celebrate...

roobleh   

^So where's the mis-quote as u called? Or is it your utter nonsense! Where's ur prove saaxiib?

Read my post again and do some research about the issue before u reply to my post next time. And ur not alone on being ignorant about Islam.

Emperor   

^Saaxib, don't get defensive, you quoted the Quran and the prophet to suggest that some how its alright to celebrate the Christmas, to me that's a wild mis-interpration and to say it was a mis-quote was an understatement.

roobleh   

Abu_diaby, the practices that the Prophet is talking about could be translated as such practices of worshipping a human. What do say about that?

^ can you elaborate on what you mean by 'celebrate' Christmas ?

is just saying merry Christmas to your friends/coworkers

or do you mean the whole nine yards .. setting a Christmas tree in your living room etc

Aaliyyah   

I feel like these guys just want someone to argue with them, if ye all want to celebrate. by all means go for it....after all it is your life....

salaam

roobleh   

Geel_jire, we do not have to celebrate Christmas as they do, but we can express our best wishes to our Christian colleagues. The least we can do is to not insult Christmas. I see many Muslims calling Christmas as a pagan practice and do not regard it as the birthday of Prophet Jesus(peace be upon him). What's wrong with expressing good wishes to our Christian neighbors and coworkers during Chrismas? We need to accommodate them as they do accommodate us.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Roobleh,

Christians don't even respect Jesus and believe he was humiliated and crusfied on a cross. They have it wrong there. Having that in mind, what makes you or anyone for that matter think just for one moment that this date is an accurate day of birth of Jesus?

Do YOU know that for a fact or just being a sheep here?

I don't disrespect or insult Chrsitians and their holidays but I don't celebrate it as a Muslim.

Kool_Kat   

Such bores y'all are? Where's the Christmas spirit? :D

Mid dhoho we should be celebrating Christmas iyo mid dhoho Happy Christmas mee sheekada ku biyo shubatay? This is ilbaxnimo at its highest...I am still in the Eid spirit, nanac kuleel any one!!!

Bal hala isdajiyo oo labo faataxa aqrista...

:D @ labo faataxo akhrista.

afka is qabo KK ,, dont you mean .. Christmas carols and rhymes ... you ungrateful xalimo .. living in this country talking about faatixo aqrista