Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somali Women-E Q U A L I N H E R I T A N C E

Chimera   

I agree with the law, but i don't think the clerics should have been executed, if he wanted to silence all ten men, then he should have imprisoned them like the dozens authors and poets before them and after them.

One thing i did notice about Siyaad and previous Presidents is that they have a certain self-pride with regards to their Somaliness, i quote:'' Somalia, which has been, throughout its entire history, Islam’s fortress and shield in East Africa, from where Islam was introduced and spread in Africa, became according to them, a communist and debased state''. This type of self-pride is severely lacking in their weak successors, even Shariff.

A leader without that will never feel equal to his foreign counterparts.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Nabaddoon:

humble - saxiib, it's ramadan the name calling won't hurt me but do spare your fasting. my appologies if you were offended. I asked you a question and you responded with some repetitive phrases. I expected more.

Fu-Fu, I didn't give a full analysis of the situation. I just stated my opinion of these honorable men who stood up for what they believed in.

Sorry mate. I called the comment silly. Not you. The comment is important.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Nabaddoon:

I just stated my opinion of these honorable men who stood up for what they believed in.

They believed in bigotry and misogyny which it seems you share with them. I think they deserved any reprimand that came their way just not capital punishment. Too harsh in my view.

That episode highlights unsavory aspect of organized religions -- they're fundamentally and irremediably anti-human progress. No human progress, irrespective of the type, is possible under the rule of organized religions.

Ibtisam   

I think when these shikes were executed and Somalis in general stood aside and cheered on the execution is maar kii caado allah and innkaar somali’s ku daacdey.

By the way an atheist cannot really comment on what the shikes stood for, because you really will never get where they are coming from, hence why you think them following Islamic laws is bigotry and misogyny.

May Allah grant them Jannah and forgive their sins.

I think the timing of these debate is rather fishy as it gives the advocators of state-religion seperation more ammunition taking into account the current state of play in Somalia.

This accident shows that Siad Barre was nothing but a dictator who could not handle dissident and the views of others.

Ms DD   

I am finding hard to believe that some people here are agreeing with the ridiculous law S.Barre soo dejiyey back then. It was clearly against the shariah. The killing of those sheikhs was grave mistake and some sy..we are still paying for it.

Alle jannada ha ka waraabiyo sheekhyadaas.

how come I never see a thread dedicated how many Sheekh uu Cabdullahi yusuf dilay or Qanyare and Co ay dhoofsadeen. Soomalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa:

Balaayadaada rabow bowd kaaguu qoryaystaa :D

Zafir   

Duceysane, The Shiekhs after Siyaad Bare era and all tainted Shiekhs. Hence, the no qoryays.

Faarax Brawn, The Shiekh Hersi's were brothers sire.