Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Riddle

Chimera   

In Ancient Greece there was once a secret and exclusive family wedding in a village called Pontiakos close to Mount Olympus - home of the Greek Gods. This pious family of Pontiakos was in high spirits for their prayers to Zeus were answered when he himself blessed this wedding in personal by attending the ceremony. The names of the bride and groom are unknown for it's not them this story is about, this story illuminates the life of a man called Adeipho son of Aristedes. Adeipho was a handsome and brilliant artisan equalled by none but in the realm of love surpassed by all. His mother Acacia on numerous occassions tried to hitch her son with the daughters of wealthy townsmen who with great pride offered their daughters and in some cases even their wives to the talented Adeipho but he refused. One of the theories for his refusal which spread throughout the town like Hera's fire was that Adeipho 'could love, but not women'. A desperate Acacia hearing of this rumour lined up twelve men and asked her son to choose. But Adeipho kissed his mother on the head and again refused. Adeipho was a lonely man and according to some destined to be so untill his death, for it is said 'talent comes at a price' just as the glorious Kings of old all died young. His mother Acacia feeling her son's pain, approached Zeus at the wedding with her head down and asked for permission to speak. 'You may' said a joyfull Zeus. Acacia walked over to Zeus and whispered to him her son's unfortunate fate. Zeus said he would fullfill her wish but warned her of the possible consequences. A tearfull Acacia thanked Zeus and returned to the main hall. Adeipho not knowing what had just taken place, sat next to one of his masterpieces which he had offered to the bride and groom as a wedding gift, a statue of the Goddess Cydonia also known as Athena. As he sat there a beautiful lady dressed in green walked up to him in complete awe of his artistic depiction of Athena. As the conversation progressed the Artisan and the Lady noticed how much they had in common and Adeipho was overwhelmed by all these different feelings which he untill her arrival had never felt before. Acacia standing in the distance was in tears as she finally saw her son smilling and being happy. Adeipho and the lady left the celebrations and retired to Adeipho's home where he showed her all of his work. After the tour ended the couple drank wine and the physical space between them became smaller and smaller. The lady asked Adeipho 'does it not bother your wife that you sit here drinking wine with a female stranger? to which he replied 'i have no wife'. To Adeipho's suprise the lady then kissed him which eventually led them into deeper waters that would make the great Aphrodite herself proud. In the morning a joyfull Adeipho woke up to an empty bed. He walked through the house but the lady was not there. She left without telling goodbye. As weeks passed by and with no news of the Lady, Adeipho asked all the guests of the wedding if they knew the Lady in Green, but nobody knew. Months passed by and still the Lady in Green was nowhere to be seen. Adeipho's depression and desperation turned for the worst, he visited the house of the bride and groom and watched them from a distance enjoying their new life. Adeipho then entered their house and killed them

Why did he kill them?

Chimera   

^correct

I got it from a Housemate on Big Brother

He said a woman had been at a family wedding when she met the man of her dreams and spent the whole day with him. The next day, the man vanished from the face of the earth and she could not find him. About a month later, the women killed her sister. Why?

A number of answers were given before Rex said that as it was a family wedding, the woman hoped there was a family link so that he might come to her sister's funeral.

Rex said he was glad none of the housemates had answered the question correctly, claiming psychiatrists use it to
test serial killers.

-

Urban has a double life for sure...lol

btw I made the whole Greek story up( blame insomnia)

Urban   

:D ^

I just thought hard about what I would do in that situation and got the answer. (just kidding by the way)

Adam, seriously that Greek story was brilliant man, good stuff.

This probably means that 1 in 3 people in SOL have serial killer traits.. which explains the way some SOLers behave online.

Ashkiro   

LOL i would never have guessed, i thought exactly what Ibtisam stated at first or he figured out the "secret" since you stated in the beginning there was "once a secret". Interesting, I liked it and very creative with the writing -nice job. Bring more riddles. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

Urban you killer!!! :eek:

Adam I've heard it before, and I still got it wrong, only when Urban posted did I remember. redface.gif