Abtigiis

The Day of the Milky-Girl

NGONGE   

^^ Waxan aad qorayso jooji. Cawa waa nala haysta! Wala Torres wala Keene. :(

Xiin,

I am not taking the blame for A&T's great stories. :D

Fabregas   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Don’t you think it would be an effective prescription, doctoore?

well it depends on the person, dad ba ku fudada reading Milestone, as you may well know. ABU TUSBax and toolkis still sounds good though.

ngone, livebool wa la haya cawo

nuune   

Ngonge, iga daa ha i xasuusin ciyaarta, maba doonayo inaan daawado, I never liked the new kid, haad-haad ayuu qabaa!

Xiin,Kulla shey'in kheyr akhii, alxamdulilaahi reeraha waa nabad qabaan, siyaadana waa la filayaa dhawaan smile.gif

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ There is more chance of A&T persuading Xiin to read Playboy than the other way round you know.
:D

So, AT&T reads playboy and that's where his motivation of writing stories comes from huh? :D:D No wonder why some of his stories R so ......

NGONGE   

Sabax,

When you say they've come a long way you're figuratively speaking of course. A&T claims to live in Ethiopia.

Still, one has to admire his ability to bring people out of hibernation. You're the second one to come out of hiding just to comment on a story he wrote. :D

Xiin,

Nothing would make me happier and make him less paranoid.

NGONGE   

^^ There is no hope for the man. I think it was Serenity who first came up with the diagnosis. He's bipolar.

See him promise to stop in one post and half an hour later talk about catering to the market? :D

Unsigned   

Ngonge. I remember reading something about bipolar children. That explains his stories I suppose.

Bipolar children more creative than other kids

More evidence of a link between creativity and mental illness: "Researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine have shown for the first time that a sample of children who either have or are at high risk for bipolar disorder score higher on a creativity index than healthy children."

I've written about this kind of thing before. It fascinates me because my personal experience has been that there's sometimes a fine line between creativity and mood states that most professionals would call disordered. The line can be so fine that it's down to whether the expressions are positive or negative -- if positive, call it creativity; if negative, call it personality disorder. Although there are also positive and negative manifestations of creativity traits.

There has long been a link between bipolar and creativity -- the manic stage of bipolar can result in binges of creativity (positive) instead of binges of shopping or sex (negative, depending on budget and marital status/choice of partner!). This is the first study that has shown a link between creativity and children whose parents are bipolar (who are thus themselves at risk of becoming bipolar, which has a genetic component).

Study co-author Terence Ketter, MD, said he believes "bipolar patients’ creativity stems from their mobilizing energy that results from negative emotion to initiate some sort of solution to their problems. 'In this case, discontent is the mother of invention,' he said."

The researchers also found a link between the length of a bipolar child’s illness and creativity: the longer a child was sick or manic, the lower the creativity score. It makes sense, said Kiki Chang, MD, a study coauthor, that this illness could, over time, erode one’s creativity. 'After awhile you aren’t able to function and you can’t access your creativity,' he explained.

Creativity scores on the study's test instrument, the Barron-Welsh Art Scale, tend to decrease with age even in healthy individuals, so more research is needed, Ketter said.

A couple of years ago I posted on a study that said people whose brains are more open to stimuli from the outside environment will either be:

1. Creative, because their openness to new possibilities and stimuli gives them more, and more various, information with which to make connections and have new ideas, or

2. Psychotic, because their openness to new possibilities and stimuli leads to overload and mental illness.

It's not possible to correlate these two studies scientifically, given the little information I have about each (and the fact that I'm not a scientist). Still, I wonder if some of the same positive/negative correlation might be happening here? And if children who have been bipolar for a longer period of time aren't as creative, perhaps that signals that the longer they live with the condition of being more open to outside stimuli, the more difficult it becomes for them to handle it.

I also wonder if specific training in creativity skills might help bipolar people whose symptoms don't currently manifest themselves as the more positive creative traits. Perhaps if they knew what to do with their innate creativity, these folks would be able to live more on the positive than the negative side of creativity.

Abtigiis   

Order!Order!Order!

People,

What is the fuss about fetishes and sexuality? Guess what, I think the sick are the readership not me. Of 12 paragraphs detailing:

- The loquacious all knowing poltician and anthropologist

- The behaviour of some 'elite' girls and the reality of opportunistic dating by both sexes

- The Uselessness of differential Xeer treatment as exemplified by reer Suldaan

- The daily games being played by men and women to outwit one another

Your attention has focused on the last paragraph of the pain in the breasts by the cheat. Quite telling, I would say. No wonder they say the "eyes see what the heart desires to see".

How come save for Valenteenah, no one really saw the substantive parts of the tale, and not the sugar-coating? How come no one saw the other characters??? Even the good man of SOL -XINN has to miss it? Where is the nudity in the story? Where is the fetish?

Having said that, imagine what 'Face off' would have been without Nicholas Cage (the bad boy) ululating Haleelujah while lustifully hitting the swagger after that beauty? Imagine what SOL would be without the bad guy? Must it be filled withe good guys? We have enough of them. Xinn et al!

And by the way, can the act in the movie be indicative of the real lifes of Travolta and Cage? For the wise to ponder!

To Sabaax-

While in University, I had a friend called Axmed-nuur (Tension). Three days before any exam, he will rampage the libraries to come up with the fanciest theories or expressions that are there. And even before he sees the questions, he structures an outline of the answers he will put down in the Aggregate Economics or Financial Management exams. He tells us "today I am going to use the words ' inexplicable phenomena' to impress and bambozzle the instructor!"

I think you just found a bipolar study and was desperate to spew out somewhere. I happened to be the Dikdik that was caught by the flying stick. otherwise, can you take the time and substantiate your claims?

I hope you won't say bipolar's don't know they are actually bipolar! :D:D

Abtigiis   

JB

Adiga kolka la igu afuufay kuugu baxdaa. I guess you must be having a big party! What is the toast for the day? :D:D:D

Ngonge

More importantly, what do the 'virtually dead' like to haunt me so readily? Is this the 'thriller?'

I swear folks who sat for Tacsiyo because R Kelly was put in prison, pretend to be angry by mild tales here. What a world?