Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Phone Boats for People Using Cell Fones!

Ok...I like modern technology and how eases our life but sometimes people don't know when it is appropiate to use technology.This is particulary true when it comes to cell fones.I don't have problem when ppl talk on cell fones in subways, buses, etc.I don't have even a problem when ppl speak so load as if i wanna know what they are talking about. What bothers however is ppl talking on their cell fones in places where it suppose to be quite and peaceful like libraries, cinema halls,etc, and sometimes even class rooms.This may sound harsh but people using cells should wear a phone boat over their heads?. It really gets annoying on many occasions to see inconsiderate person talking loadly all day on a cell, and what's even worse,they could be talking about NOTHING!

Ariadne   

I am not at all against cell phones, but there are times when it becomes annoying and other times where its just rude. Like using cell phones at the theatre is annoying, but there's instances where you might be on a date at a nice restuarant and your date not only leaves their cell on, but talks forever to the person on the other end about absolutely nothing!.

They are starting to jamm phone signals in many place in where i live. The movie theaters, and the library are one of the things they are seriously thinking of making CELL PHONE free zone. Gas stations already jamm phones in gas pumps because of safety issues.

Ariadne   

I never knew this before this morning, but cell phone signals are so easily picked up by other transmitters. My baby sister's monitor just this morning picked up a cell phone signal for a brief 3 seconds.

I never knew this before this morning, but cell phone signals are so easily picked up by other transmitters.

Hi Cushtic

People were use to able to listen to other people's converstation with scanners here in the US---when they still were using analog technology on cellulars. But everything has changed into digital transmission, and its alot hard to pick signals from digital cell phone.

I think the reason you are able to hear people talking on the baby monitor is, becuase those people are using the same frequency as the baby monitor.

Cushtic Cutue n Sol Prez...I agree with you...Cell fones are useful but there should be free cell fone zones , libararies , ciname halls should be at top of free cell fone zone list..Ppl also used cell fones even though there is no need for it at times. One time , i was on a visit in another town.We were gonna head to somebody's house, and dis guy who was with a friend of mine, called the ppl we were meeting. He called agian to let them to know we were in the car driving to their house. N he called for third time to let them know that we were at their doorstep.Now i call dat insane!

Cushtic-Cutie....Luckly I never had a date talking on cell fone.thats pretty inconsiderate.If I was in da same situation, i probably would have paid the check n left unless if she was worthy of sucking up to.

N yeah, Fone signals can be picked from air.The National Security Agency "NSA" of US Defense Dep does that kind of monitoring, picking up fone signal from foriegn leaders, orginazation, and wat have yu. I don't know if yu guys remember but while back, two radio DJs from Vegas picked a signal from Hugo Chavez, the president of Venezuila who trying to call Fidel Castro. They have recorded the conversation, n yu could hear the Chavez all confused thinking what happened to Castro.

Honesita   

Hey i think u're pickin' me now Guevara....the other day i was in the library and i had to take a call.....and to be honest, my conversation was about absolutely nothing important....the librarian asked me to go out to the lobby and use my phone, it was embarassing.....but i learned a lesson...!!! What i think is really bad is men who start talking on their phone when they're at the Juma'a Khutba.....!!! That is not just stupid, but its Xaraaam too...!!! I had a teacher this quarter who would answer his phone in class....it was his first year teachin'....so...!!

Good to be back and see all of u again...!!!

Salaamz

Honesita....Sorry , yu had to go through dat...Iam not picking on anyone particular ppl.

It is just some ppl go to the extremes....maybe i had one too many encounters with ppl who are less considerate of others around them. The last time ppl with cell fones ruined my day was at Hoytes Ciname, I came to watch a movie. Bunch of Afro-Americans boys who were sitting in the front rows talking on the fone with speaker on, this went on through the previews, to the begining of the movie and i finally the theatre ppl had to call the Sheriff to remove them since they wouldn't get off da cell.now dats bad!