Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Israel blamed for weak Muslim Ummah

N.O.R.F   

Israel blamed for weak Muslim Ummah

By Mariam Al Hakeem, Correspondent

Riyadh: Muslim World League chief asserted that the non-adherence to Sharia and the presence of Israel in the heart of the Muslim world are major factors that have weakened the Muslim Ummah (nation).

"The failure in realising economic integration, lack of mutual consultation system (shura), and a major part of the Muslim world being kept out of industrial production and influence of international politics are other major factors," Dr Abdullah Al Turki, secretary-general of the Makkah-based (MWL) said.

Dr Al Turki made these remarks while presenting a working paper at a major seminar held on the sidelines of the 21st annual national heritage and cultural festival (Al Janadriya).

The seminar was conducted on the "Unity of the Arab and Islamic Ummah: Future perspective," which is the theme of this year's Janadriya festival organised by the Saudi National Guard.

More than 300 writers, intellectuals, thinkers and cultural figures from the Muslim world are taking part in the annual cultural extravaganza.

Dr Al Turki said that the West could exploit Muslims? weakness through dominating over the intellectual, economic, political, and cultural as well as media fields in the Muslim World.

According to MWL chief, Muslims can regain their past glory only through holding fast to the teachings of Islam and stand united in facing the challenges.

"We should chalk out a comprehensive plan to get out of the current situation and march forward to gain the lofty position that we held for centuries. For this, we have to realise our true position and draw out an action plan to overcome our weakness and defects, as well as to take advantage of positive factors," he pointed out.

Abdullah flays idea of clash of civilisations

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz condemned the idea that the world was in the midst of a clash of civilisations between East and West urging Arab and Muslim intellectuals to foster better understanding.

"I condemn the idea of a clash of civilisations and call for it to be replaced with the idea of peaceful and constructive coexistence between civilisations," the king told a group of Arab and Muslim thinkers taking part in the annual Al Janadriya cultural festival outside Riyadh.

"I call for the next era to be one for a true dialogue between nations whereby each side respects the other and their sanctities, beliefs and identity."

Gulf News

Castro   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz condemned the idea that the world was in the midst of a clash of civilisations between East and West ...

Well of course he condemns the idea of a clash of civilizations. He lives in one but has his lips surgically attached to the butt of the other. :rolleyes:

Now our problems are blamed on the Israel ... damn tell me something new .. the Jews have been enemies of Islam forever and will be forever .. so why even bother with .. we caused our problems .. lack of faith and disunity is peharps the start of our problems ..

N.O.R.F   

Do you remeber the conference a few months ago (Islamic Nations) in the Saudi? Repetitions of helping Philastine and fighting extremism (are they to blame for any of the extremism rife in many a young today?)were loud and clear by all nations. Not any mention of unity (how to achieve it), education and development nor political issues were discussed. People were starving in Niger at the time (and probably still are).

"Unity of the Arab and Islamic Ummah

Why the seperation of Arab and Islam???

The propeht SAW said before you bring out the shames of others remember you own

Well we are busy blaming others when we should be looking inward and seeing that it is our leaders,and our collective people who allowed our disunity.When one of us is harmed we should all close ranks..instead we say ooh they are Arabs it is okay it is far from us,then it get's nearer,nearer pretty soon it is in your house then you cry Ya ummatu Muslimiin.That ummah are the same ones you ignored in their plight!

Yeniceri   

^^

How the hell can you compare poor Somalis to the filthy-rich Arab nations? Granted, Somalia's failures are the resultant of its own people, and we do criticize our failures on a daily basis right here on SOL. But give me breathing space so I can bash these maryoweyn suckas!

Abdullah flays idea of clash of civilisations

What will it take for these maryoweyn Bedouins-turned-rulers to understand that the war is already at their doors? Afghanistan, first. Then, Iraq. And now, talk of Iran. What other sign do they need? I suppose, however, that its necessary to be "diplomatic" at the moment.

p.s. I don't blame Israel for anything. They're following their national interests. Time to stop playing the blame game and take responsiblity for our collective faults: Muslim disunity is caused by the Muslims' lack of cooperation and consultation. How does Israel fit into that equation? :confused:

Naden   

Israel has to be forcefully injected into any discussion about arabs and/or muslims because how else would:

1. Mubarak use a state of emergency provision to squash opposition for 24 years, guarantee himself and his cronies a 30 year rule and allow his son to siphon off the country's economy.

2. The Fatah folk in Palestine to use aid to build million dollar mansions in the middle of 50% unemployment rates and dire economic conditions in a land of desperate youth.

So many other arab/muslim leaders need Israel to distract and inflame so they could rob their countries blind. It helps that the majority of muslim people in that region are illiterate and poor.

Originally posted by Yeniceri:

^^

But give me breathing space so I can bash these
maryoweyn
suckas!

p.s. I don't blame Israel for anything. They're following
their
national interests. Time to stop playing the blame game and take responsiblity for our collective faults: Muslim disunity is caused by the Muslims' lack of cooperation and consultation. How does Israel fit into that equation? :confused: