Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Masaajidka Khaalid

Salaan dhamaan.

Illaa iyo maalintii ciidda magaaladaan Koronto war weyn ayaa ka dhex socdo aad iyo aad u ceebeeye Soomaalida, kuwii lahaa wadaada ayaa tihiina iyagii naftirkooda runtii si buuxda isku heybtiray.

It involves masaajidka kaliya Soomaalida maamusho, which turned a political platform, to say the least, and worse, a wrestling arena the last couple days involving wadaadii dadka la rabay inay kala dhexgalaan, iyagii isku jeestay.

It started on ciid day, though the situation brewed quite sometime.

Now Sheekh Bashiir Shiil, a very respected and admired iimaamka of masaajidka and one of the founding few men, cannot, believe or not, go inside masaajidkaas now in uu ku tukado, iskaba dhaaf in uu iimaam u noqdo.

He has a restraining order. He was publically and humiliatedly arrested on ciid day, I was told, when he tried to tell some inside info and discontent within the administration of masaajidka to the huge crowd that gathered for ciid prayer.

[He was arrested because codhayaha ayaa la isku qabsaday and bax la yiri, markuu diidayna booliis loogu yeeray.]

On maqrib prayer on that same day, I was told -- though there are a lot of innuendos and, by nature itself, uncorroborated gossips around with usual incredients of qabyaalad added here and there -- he tried to inform the congregants what happened earlier and how he is almost going to have a criminal record, unfortunately before he finished codhayaha [speakerphone] ayaa laga qaaday, oo la jiiday, banaanka lagu tuuray, buuqa iyo qeylada dhana laga dhexmaqaalaye on the codhaya. Banaanka markuu lagu tuurayna booliis loogu yeeray mar labaad. He called his lawyer, who u yimid. I was told, by now, whoever had a grievance against the masaajid's administrators' alleged long abuse, Sheekh's qabiil members iyo anybody that wanted to take a side ayaa loo kala saftay, and expectedly cisha prayer on that same day was full flowing like Jimco.

The poor sheekh couldn't, of course, go in a masaajid he witnessed being built since dhagaxiis la dhigay. His lawyer couldn't do anything in the masaajidka oo waaba habeen, and thus advised sheekha to go home.

The situation is even more dire now. Today's salaada casarka, another huge fight broke out inside masaajidka, goes the unsubstantiated wildfire warka ka socdo magaalada, a fight against the administrators, led by a man by the name of Aaden, a Chairman of the Board and a recent arrival of masaajidka, versus his, Sh. Bashiir Shiil's, supporters.

I am sure bari, a Jimco prayer, wax weyn ayaa dhici doono, oo dad badan budkooda qaadan doonaan.

Sad, xataa masaajidkii Eebbe ayaa naga fakan la' midow la'aanta iyo qabyaalada quran nagu raagtay ee na heysato.

Taloow maxaa naga qaldan? Eebboow ceebteena astur.

Aaliyyah   

Why am I not surprised somalisss, there is no reason why we should waste our precious time talking about them...I rest my case, everything comes to qabiil, arguments, fights,,,disagreements..even these so called shiekhs are going through this.How about we Just dont bother discussing it ,,,that should save us headache!! :rolleyes:

Wa salaamu alaikum.

Aaliyyah   

and since u know something will happen tomorrow...budhkooda islaan iyo oday walba horay usoo qadanaya lol ....perhaps u shouldn't pray down there smile.gif there are so many other mosques that u can pray @ ...wa salaam

Khayr   

I don't think that we should spread such news on the net. The good things that people do never get highlighted, especially for the salahiin. However, any negativity or blimish on their character and it spreads like wildfire.

On a side note,

What are the views of these somali masajids on the situation in somalia?

Do you think that agents are at work trying to gather info. from masjid attendees regarding the situation in somalia?

Haneefah   

Walalow Ilaah baan kugu dhaarshayee ma kaa dhab baa? La xawla walaa quwata ilaa bilaah.

Oo xalaadu ma waxey hadda mareysaa in Sheikh-yadii booliis loogu yeedho in the house of Allah swt? Honestly, to have differences of opinion among themselves at the administration level or even personal is understandable and quite frankly expected, but to humiliate each other and call the authorities on one another, esp on one of the most knowledgeable, greatly respected and not mention extremely serene Somali sheikh in Toronto? That's just preposterous! Nothing in my opinion could justify such a vile action against a Muslim let alone a scholar.

What on God's earth is possessing us as Somalis? Museeba after museeba. Ya Allah grant us Your mercy and forgiveness, we have indeed transgressed. :(

and since u know something will happen tomorrow...budhkooda islaan iyo oday walba horay usoo qadanaya lol ....perhaps u shouldn't pray down there
smile.gif
there are so many other mosques that u can pray @

I subscribe the school of thought that says samaanteeda iyo xumanteeda, Soomaali waa ii Soomaali. Soomaali iyagaa iigu dhaw ummad, iigu sokeeye, marka xumaanteena iyo samaanteena waxee ahaataba I still support Soomaalinimo. Yes, waan ku tukadaa meeshaas, though not today's salaadda Jimcadda.

Folks, most masaajidada in Western world have this "power struggle," oo qaarkood gaalada isku dirto, oo "moderate" iyo "extremist" u kala bixiye, kuwa kalena lacag iyo jago raadis iyo sumcad raadis iyo siyaasad ayee isku qilaafaan. Tan Soomaalida waxaa u siyaado eh qabyaalad. Even though it isn't about qabyaalad at this particular circumstances, the supporters and detractors from both sides make it seem.

Humiliating the most humble, serene iimaam I had seen and personally know is sad. Sheekh Bashiir Shiil ma'aha qof hadlo, he is a man, at most, of few words, xataa markuu muxaadarada jeediyo he doesn't digress from the subject, like most iimaamyada Soomaalida are fond to, to illustrate. He sticks with his topic buugga ugu qoran until the end.

What are the views of these somali masajids on the situation in somalia?

It is said the new "administration" supports dowlad ku sheega for qabiil reasons. Eebbe knows, and I don't want to know for I don't know anything about it. They also supported Maxkamadaha for ideological reasons, [they supported Alitixaad], which started the first friction in 2003 when some were against supporting any political organization, long before Maxkamadaha came on the scene. This disagreement stems from wadaada Sacuudiyaha, whom both camps subscribe to.

About basaasnimo, I knew Masaajidka Khaalid were spied immediately after Qaraxyadii Mareykanka. Many other masaajido were as well.

To illustrate how fearful Admins. of masaajidka are. This past summer they invited a fellow iimaan from Neyroobi, Keenya, to stay for about six months. It coincided when Baadirigii weynaa offended Muslims when he quoted a passage that insulted Nabi Maxamed [NNKH]. The particular sheekh from Neyroobi were asked what is the response when situations like this arise, if a person insults Nabiga, what would would say to him or her? Sheekh wuxuu dhahay waa inaad "dishaa qofkaas, waxaa awoowid ha ahaatee..."

Immediately after that, one of the Admins. ayaa speakerka qabsaday saying "we obviously don't condone violence" in Afsoomaali, of course. They obviously became media savvy, for they know some marax will report it to media, as they experienced plenty of situations like it before.

That sheekh, who was sent back after his initial six years ended, booska iimaamnimo ayaa loo diyaarinaaye, the rumour goes, in lagu badalo iimaamka masaajidka, held by then by Sh. Bashiir Shiil. Unfortunately, that sheekh was gaffe-prone, for he did not shy away to offer his views, as frank and hard to point as they were; the fearful Admins. didn't want to hear more of it, however.

Aaliyyah   

Asalaamu alaikum,

walaalo Aqiyaar, waxaan maqlay anu in ay waxoo dhan siyasad tahay , ma jecli qabiil in aan ka hadlo, laakin in sheikh bashiir yahay ******* uuna support gareenayey Islamic courts, mesha shiekhyada inta badan khalid ka shaqeesa ey yihiin majeeerteen oo tagersanyihiin transitional government...ilaahay ba og waxa ka sababay dagalka ka dhex dhacay shiekhyada laakinse shiekhyada marnaba may aheen askarta in ay isku wacaan....yagoo is og in ay shiekhya yihiin oo awalba ay target yihiin....siiba may aheen in ay ku sameeyan saad hora u sheegtay shiekh wax inta lasoo qabatay oo la halgamay....hada saan maqlay shiekh masjidka umaba dhowaan karo subhanalaah.....

Wa salaamu alaikum

The Khald Mosque is not free from Clannism.

The Sheik and The other Sheik Aden are from competing sub clans from the same clan. Both pitted in the classic TFG vs ICU

Ebyan   

Actually, from what I hear, the issue was over money not qabil. People starting taking sides(based on their qabil) and the problem escalated to what it is now.

Haaruun   

MMA ar saaxiibkey ahaa ma nooshahey? long time bro...I was told that the fight was not based on Qabyaalad, but rather was caused by the differences between sheekhs view/opinion of how we supposed to deal with this western society we are in...

ie.. Jihaad(Fiisabiili laah), time to get up and fight with the KUfaars

Vs

Be cool, let's educate them and tell them what Islam all about in a calm way.

Was anybody there salaada maqrib ka bacdi today?

Waaw iga dheh. Waligeey ma arkin Soomaali saas iskugu soo baxday save on the Ciid days.

What a tension evening it was.

Haaruun, koraa lagaa salaamay widaaygiis. Meeshii maa wali ii joogtaa? Meeshiina masaajid cusub Soomaaliyeed ayaa laga dhisaaye the last couple years qaaraankiis socday, ee mala furay wali?