Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

Somali Housing Project Attacked

Russell invaded by couple of hoodlums instilling terror in the area for about an hour.

Russell is a neighbourhood in Ottawa, when a group of hooded youths with bats, chains, machetes came in the block screaming and chanting. Immediately people ran into their homes, the police did not show up, and many Somali women were in fear rounding up their children. One tenant reported that they might return again, since no one had challenged them.

If the police do not respond the second time around, should the nomads fight back?

They were Chinese and White kids who attacked the hood, they attacked one particular house, they broke in from the back – they must have had beef with one of the kids from the hood.

Sky   

White and Chinese you said? Than what's the freakin problem? Who the hell is scared for White and Asian kids? I would say - Await these fools with kitchen knives, hammers and baseball bats.

A while ago two ugly addicted Eskimos killed a hard-working Somali cabdriver and stole all his savings.

dawoco   

If the police force isn't doing its job, then the somalis in that neighborhood should organize a neighbourhood watch and tell the police about it, and that if attacked they will defend themselves. That way no one will be able to blame them of violence should they need to stand up for themselves.

Only way to deal with such incidents is to not cower away and stand up to them.

*** Await these fools with kitchen knives, hammers and baseball bats.

The block has a lot of Somalis living in it, and they’re usually known to be tough, I can’t believe this happened, and the sad thing is that it’s likely to happen again. But if it happens again, I am hoping that the nieghbourhood kids will be present to handle them.

Pujah   

The police aint doing jack right, I say stand up for your rights. Somali waxee dhahdaa nin aan shankaa celinin sharci kaama cesho. Few years back we had something similar here(my lil city) except it was african americans vs somalis and the fight went on for days and as usual the police arived each day after all damage was done and did nothing in the end. they reduced the whole thing to 'boys will be boys'....anyways one good thing that came out of that is they now live peacefuly amongst each other, all know their limits.

Castro   

I know that neighborhood in Ottawa and the most dangerous thing there are Somali teenagers. Soon enough, you'll hear of the white and chinese kids being kicked to death.

Foxy   

I say before U ( the community ) take their own actions might as well corporate with the local community police and local council b4 taking matters in to theirs hands as things can get out of hand latter on in time, and things cant get nasty to be politically correct and safe......so as dawoco said, get the whole neighbourhood watch involved to protect the involved folks.......

if all dont work then U might be entitled to use force to protect ones own possesions and loved ones, once violence erupts beyond help....

cheers

Sky   

I bet these Somali kids did something to provoke it. Somalis are quite notorious everywhere they live, let them handle this shit.

The only people that can seriously cause problems are West Indians like Jamaicans and Haïtians.

The only people that can seriously cause problems are West Indians like Jamaicans and Haïtians.

Sky why do say that? Other groups are equally capable of destroying and doing damage to others. In Ottawa the AB crew, Asian Blood have done damage against Somalis - there are also white gangs especially from the French side of the city that can do damage.

Goonle   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

Russell invaded by couple of hoodlums instilling terror in the area for about an hour.

Russell is a neighbourhood in Ottawa, when a group of hooded youths with bats, chains, machetes came in the block screaming and chanting. Immediately people ran into their homes, the police did not show up, and many Somali women were in fear rounding up their children. One tenant reported that they might return again, since no one had challenged them.

If the police do not respond the second time around, should the nomads fight back?

Nothing new here infact the police might even be involved. We seem to always be a community of victims. We dont pull together our resources which allows a few vigilante cops to abuse our youth, litterally robbing them of their hard work slinging on the streets for 8 to 10 hrs a day. That particular neighborhood u talking about has a crew of lebanese police officers( With fake european names) they call themselves the G-unit. They went to highschool with somalis and are putting out some retrobution maybe based on past encounters with somali youth growing up. There are only two somali cups in that city and neither of them are younger fellows that can counter these terroristic arab cops. The city is not hiring somali youth as police officers because they claim theyre gang related. So to make a long story short we have have to make somali leaders accountable instead of them having coffee and cookies with the police officers and telling them how theyre doing a great job.

The city is not hiring somali youth as police officers because they claim theyre gang related.

Actually the city wants to hire more Somali policemen, the Somali community is working with the police to recruit young Somalis. There was a Somali play in Ottawa and the chief or deputy chief of police was in it wearing macawees and etc.

However, I have heard that there’s one guy who works the eat, and I’m sure Goonle you’ve heard of him, he abuses Somali old ladies, he know they’ve only got G-1 Class licence and he harasses them, he even tells them I’ve heard that he doesn’t speak Somali when they speak to him.

Speaking of the G-Unit squad, my license got suspended recently and its costing me lotta money for nothing big and I got pulled over in that area.