Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Tribute To N.E.P Girls.

BOB   

North Eastern Province Girls High school better known as NEP Girls is a school in Garissa which every boy in town seemed to have some sort of obsession over it...it's said that the most beautiful girls in Garissa attended that school and they had more Supuus than any other school in town or the province.

shortly after coming to Garissa with my family after fleeing the civil war my two elder brothers started talking about this particular school which obviously I was not aware of its existence, my brothers seemed like they were smitten, one was in his early teens and the other was in his late teens and coming from Somalia where the people from NFD considered to be Heaven on earth...my brothers soon started to settle down and get used to their surroundings while I stayed behind with Hooyo and the rest of my sisters.

I was later told that NEP girls students were considered to be the holy grail if you like and if a boy managed to attract the attention of certain princess from that school he was "The Man" amongst his boys with their raging hormones and he was basically entitled to have your attention all day everyday so he could tell you all about 'Ms Thang' and there's every chance that most of those boys were lying but somehow you never questioned the master or even doubted him otherwise you will soon be considered as an outcast who rebelled against the Alpha Male.

My brothers never shared their conquest with me and I never bothered to ask and to be honest I wasn't even interested at that time as I haven't discovered the fairies yet but I wasn't deaf nor dumb and of course there were the evidence of the smitten boys running around including my brothers who suddenly started to spend few extra minutes in front of the mirror.

Ask any boy from Garissa and as soon as you start mentioning the name of NEP Girls watch him drool and if he doesn't he's probably buffoon or lying like the most Faaraxs always do when it comes to admitting their feelings for Xaliimo.

My brother, the younger of the two whom we later became great friends said to me just the other that so and so is the most beautiful girl he's ever laid his eyes on and I thought he was saying that because maybe she was his first crush but he insisted that she was not only pretty but also beautiful regardless and who am I to argue with him?

Where's Jamaal 11...what have you got to say for yourself old boy?

Oops time to go...I will add few more lines soon Insha Allah...

Peace, Love & Unity.

Malika   

^Another degoratory word for good looking girls.It means hot girls just like how hot a bowl of soup is..I mean what is the connection between a good looking girl and a bowl of soup? Men! :confused: :D

Paragon   

Lool. No comment, BOB!

But one thing I will say; Remember Garissa Ice cream Parlour? And earlier Garissa Cinema? Well those were family businesses and my mainstay...and you can guess how girls loved ice-cream (all flavours smile.gif ) and movies... :D:D

Lol. Days have gone, eh?

Somali sijuis have benefited from Kenyan system of education.

My best friend is married to a beautiful Garisa girl. Man what a decent girl she is. I guess women from Garisa are known to be very decent and respectful towards their men.

Paragon   

^Waa runtaa, KT. Hablaha reer Gaariseed, iyo kuwa Wajeerba quruxiyo qaayaba Eebe ku mannaystey.

Ninkii iyaga oo kale yaqaan qiimaha ay leeyihiin, wallee, habla kale laguma karo. Walaaladey ayaan ka arkay siduu Eebe ugu deeqay markay gabdhahaasi guursadeen.

Halbahaasi ay ayeydeey dhiig-wadaagtadu yihiin, ayaan anna aad ugu hanweynahay inaan (waa siduu nuune oran jiraye) 'caysaan yaroo mina shaakiriin ah' aan bal ka calmado smile.gif .

Allaahu mustacaan; kolkaa ka dibna bal aan halkaa iyo maakhir haybsado oo aan bal hablahayagii nafta u roonaa mid ka astaansado.

nuune   

^^ Isse, waanu kugu soo dhaweeneenaa gacmo furan, ee ii diyaari gabaati carra ka waa ah igu soo seyr smile.gif

Lol. This brings back lots of good, old memories! Reminds me of the "cages" in Ngamia Road. Those bloody cages contributed alot to the poor perfomance of Gss and County students in the national exams. I wonder if they're still popular as they were in my heydays.

Have to agree with you. NEP was home to a fair share of the hot manzis in Garissa. But NEP was primarily famous coz of the girls' freedom to meet their suitors any time of the day/night compared to Umu-salama(a day school), which by the way was home to some of the hottest supuus in town, but were more discrete. Not mentioning Nep's uniform. The administration was very flexible on how the girls could tailor/design their uniforms. This left the popular girls with eye-soothing appearances. I remember the shocked faces of the somehow backward (in fashion) Wajir people during a sport/science congress trip there with Nep girls. They couldn't believe what they saw.

When(year) were you in Gsa? There is a high likelihood that I know your brothers.

Paragon   

^How are you doing brother? Hope you are good.

Adiga, your reputation preceeds you. I heard you were a cubie ring-master near NEP :D .

Nuune, shukran sxb. Nin ku sharfay unbaan gabadh ku siiya ayaan maqli jirey.

Shar ma'arke, I think Umu salaama was after me. Reer Wajir were always conservative in those days. But heck they have supuus too.

^^ No bad feelings but I've been there once and didn't see any msupuu there..And it seemed they were deprived of shukaasi as they were aggressive when it came to that front.

Isseh, am fine bro. Remember geela laba jir wuu soo wadamaray smile.gif .

Isseh, your family must be well known in Garisa. Do you know Tawakal. I remember his business partnership with Aw-Yusuf family when they established Warsan Airlines back in the early 90s. I don't know whatever happened to that partnership and how easily it vanished.

Hayat   

it seemed they were deprived of shukaasi as they were aggressive when it came to that front.

:D:D , gosh i never associated aggressivenes in that front with lack of shukansi!!

thanks Koora-Tuunshe for the clarifiaction.