Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Feminism, ideas, recipes, family values?

How has complaining about the term 'feminism' being wrongfully attached to us morphed into questioning the state of our iman? :confused:

Yaa rabi...protect us from the sneaky hypocrites among us.

Underdog

I'm sorry, but you can't contribute to this topic unless you fulfill the following requirements:

1) You have a beard.

2) The beard reaches below ur collarbone.

3) The beard isn't a mere fashion statement, but conclusive proof of your piety.

underdog   

Phantasma,

You can't excuse behaviour by saying "well you're not doing it why should I". FYI you don't know my state of Iman and I don't know yours.

IF you DON'T adhere to those expectations of Islamic women (and thats none of my business) and your reasoning should not be "UD, if you're not a wadaad it makes it OK for me to wear low-rise jeans and not cover my hair."

the truth is the truth regardless of the source... If an alcoholic murderer tells you to pray 5 times a day, does it give his message any less meaning?

Anyways, You She-Lots are becoming quite predictable lately.

Anything associated WITH THE Female GENDER you spring and hop like a gazzelle that HAS spotted a cheetah in the serengeti.

Besides, feminism & cooking are a vital part in any 'women's section in any forum.

Which begs the question will you stop discussing FEMINISM & COOKING now that its not part of 'women's section'?

UD,

I'm not in the business of questioning an individual's iman, I believe thats more your forte.

My post was just to point out how irrelevant (and silly) you questions and the assumptions behind them are. A perfect example ---->

IF you DON'T adhere to those expectations of Islamic women (and thats none of my business) and your reasoning should not be "UD, if you're not a wadaad it makes it OK for me to wear low-rise jeans and not cover my hair."

My my... Arent we feeling mighty holy today? :eek:

Hibo, I'm quite disappointed in you. Walahi you came across as too eager to say the right thing. I asked you to quit the sanctimonious attitude because its disrespectful to me. I dont appreciate you even remotely implying I dont know about modesty or how to conduct myself appropriate and in accordance with the diin. I take such offenses seriously as I always think its given that whatever I say, I say it within the confines of my belief. For the record, the topic was "to have or not to have a Women's exclusive section"... nothin more...nothin less. Why you would tell me about "haya" at this instance only implies one thing...

Your reasons for advocating for the separate women' section remain as meaningless as they were. Honest. Diseases and hormanal imbalances are normal subjects of discussion and there is so much moanin you can go do about periods.

Now on to the issue of feminism. I suggest you go and read about the different types of feminism before you jump on ur goody-two-shoes feet and make such slanderous statements. Its most frustrating having to deal with these kinda arguments due to time and opportunity. Feminists do not all think the same way or even about the same kinds of problems.There is a wide range of theories and experessions of behaviour related to feminism - cultural feminism, liberal feminism, marxist feminism, etc and Islamic feminism (which aims to be Islamic in approach and content). I would not even think of sitting here and advocating for the typical sexual-liberation inspired western feminist movement - a product of moral bankruptcy and social disintegration, so dont talk to me so.

Lastly Hibo, I wont bother replying if you assume anything or take my words out of context.

underdog   

My questions were "DO YOU PRAY?" and "ARE YOU ISLAMICALLY PRESENTABLE?"

if thats silly and irrelevant to you and you'd rather stick with "WHY ARE YOU ASSOCIATING THE WORD 'RECIPE' WITH WOMEN?" then you and I do not share the same set of priorities.

P.S.

is an easy assumption to make when I ask if you pray and your response is to get aggressively defensive. But then again along with a big bucket of sarcasm, that is your forte ;) .

UD...

I know, you have the art of undermining down to a pat. Your questions where not that simple or straightforward.

What category do you fall in:

1) the women who wear Hijab out of conviction that it is the Islamic thing to do.

2) the women who wear it only because their mothers and grandmothers wore it; unaware of its true Islamic significance.

3) there are the secular "Muslim" women, who almost never practice Islam anyway, but who have Muslim names and roots, who make it a point to appear at all Muslim gatherings with hair fashionably styled in full public glory.

Categories. That YOU created. Which we have to CHOOSE from. Otherwise we are NOT FIT to discuss advanced 'feminine roles'.

Next, when one doesnt answer in the way you would like, it follows that they wear low-rise jeans and not cover their hair!

Therefore, YES!, your whole argument is silly and irrelevant. I also have no doubt that we don't share the same set of priorities (I can't be that judgemental or one-dimensional :D ).

And just for the record, I'm neither defensive nor aggressive.

lol   

Amethy: If u like discussing ur private parts and wat comes out of it among guys.. I don't sista... and haya does come into the picture.. coz its Xishood...

FYI I could careless if u replied or didn't.

^^ I cant decide which is worse, the fact that she wants to discuss something like that with other women or the fact that she is vulgar? :D

*Pats Bad-Credit on the back*. Thank you.

But I'm not radical or a feminist. If anything, I'm partial to your species. Surprised? ;)

Johnny B   

How do you know if you´re a femminist?

If u lay eggs or deleiver babies you´re more female than femine. icon_razz.gif

underdog   

excuse the low-rise jeans out burst it was a general sweeping statement and unfair.

Originally posted by Phantasma:

[QB]
Categories
. That
YOU
created. Which we have to
CHOOSE
from. Otherwise we are
NOT
FIT
to discuss advanced 'feminine roles'.QB]

Now who's twisting words and taking them out of context.

You're right about the categories not being "law" (they're not mine btw, I borrowed them from this article ).

But do you disagree that a non-practising (not implying you) Islamic woman should not attempt to discuss matter relating to Feminism and the Islamic woman? Do you feel she's qualified if she a hard time sticking to the basic requirements such as Salah and Hijab? Thats my line of questioning...I may go off on a tangent from time to time, but I can admit a mistake (hint hint)