Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Starbucks is GAY?

Castro   

^^ And who ruffled your feathers young lady? You are right, we're constantly judging so it is a moot point. You're also right in that what we do with the our judgments is what counts. But that says nothing of your stand on this issue and at the risk of using 1,200 OBTUSE labels on you, a la Kashafa, where is the beef woman? Vite!

Baluug   

Originally posted by Castro:

Liibaan
, tell me, what is the alternative to tolerance? Eradication of gays? A
final solution
a la Hitler? Indifference? Sticking our heads in the sand?

The alternative to tolerance is intolerance.Just because I don't accept what they do doesn't mean I have to hunt them all down.We are supposed to speak out against their despicable acts and use the Qur'an as our guide.As for polytheism(which is the only sin Allah SWT won't forgive),I have nasty words for them as well,but no one is condoning or accepting the retarded things they do in this thread,so I haven't said anything about it here.But if you want me to,I could....

I mean c'mon,who in their right mind would say that an inanimate object can help them in any way?Or a human being?Like people who say Jesus(alaihi salaam) is God Himself.What kinda crap is that?And if Jesus died on the cross,how come God(Allah SWT) is still there?And what about these people who blah blah blah....

Baluug   

Just outta curiosity,has anyone seen the movie "Gigli"?Cause that's gotta be the absolute worst movie I've ever seen!!Apart from the n*a*c*a*s guy they kidnap,that is,he kinda cracked me up at the end where he's dancing on the Baywatch set!!Jennifer Lopez is too hot and all covered in makeup to be a believable lesbian!!Now if she shaved her head and got a couple tattoos,I'd believe it!!Wouldn't that be a sight....

^^ And who ruffled your feathers young lady? You are right, we're constantly judging so it is a moot point. You're also right in that what we do with the our judgments is what counts. But that says nothing of your stand on this issue and at the risk of using 1,200
OBTUSE
labels on you, a la
Kashafa
, where is the beef woman? Vite!

Castro,

Not only are my feathers ruffled these days its seems, but plucked clean bit by extruciating bit. As for my stand on homosexuals (not homosexuality): Lets just say two events in my life changed my perpectives a little on the issue & that of jews. My favourite teacher in grade 12 was a jew. He was an amazing person. I loved him as a teacher. Kind, funny, considerate, fair...he just made the class so fun to be in. I actually looked forward to it many, many times. Then on the last day of classes---we were chatting about something and it somehow got around to the topic of religion. He nonchantly said "You know Femme, I'm not as good as you. I haven't visited a synagogue in a long time". I was shocked and stood a couple of minutes with a blank look on my face wondering "Is this the person I'm supposed to hate? How am I supposed to feel about him now? To deal with this?" A flood of memories gushed forth. The many times he complimented me on my 'beautiful' name and 'nice' hijaab. He knew I was muslim all this time and didn't treat me any different than his other students. I learned something that day and still carry that lesson with me.

The other one was in first year Uni women's health class. I was paired up with an older lesbian woman for a project. Did I scream and ask to be replaced? No. Did I curse down habaar on her and tell her about the evils of her choice? No. Did I grimace in utter disgust whenver she was near me? Again No. Did I do more than the necessary with her (Ex. go for coffee, chat over lunch, talk about lesbian health and the problems theyre facing, listening to her account of lesbian lovers, being friendly and going out places, studying together? NO. ) So what did I do? I did what I had to do for the project because it affected me and I had no choice in the matter. But I didn't and would not actively seek her out and try to be friendly. I don't like homosexuals. I will not be friends with one. However, neither will I try to dish out any kind of punishment or argue and debate with them. I know my weaknesses and I shall leave some other person the responsiblity of 'enlightening' them. That is....if they are willing to listen in the first place. That is about how far my disapproval for their lifestyle goes, I will not mingle with them and act like I find it normal and right. On the other hand, I watch 'Will and grace" and laugh manically because of the antics of jack---does that make me weak? a hypocrite? a liar? I am still trying to figure that out.

There you go, my friend. And just out of curiousity...what would those labels you had for me be? It's been a long time that I've been called something.

Castro   

Originally posted by Le Femme:

I don't like homosexuals. I will not be friends with one. However, neither will I try to dish out any kind of punishment or argue and debate with them. I know my weaknesses and I shall leave some other person the responsiblity of 'enlightening' them.

By enlighten them you mean release the hounds on them?

And just out of curiousity...what would those
labels
you had for me be? It's been a long time that I've been called something.

For that you will have to re-read one of Kashafa's qom loot posts somewhere in this Starbucks mess.

And if it's been a while that you've been called names, wait no more, you silly rabbit. icon_razz.gif

By
enlighten them
you mean release the hounds on them?

*Grabs fidel by the scruff of his neck*

*furiously twirls him around to face her*

*whispers while hastily looking around*

Are you mad! Do you realize what deep shidh you could be in calling those God fearing men hounds? Oh! You poor naive man. Orod oo carar, meesha ka bax, before someone awakens & kicks ur behind to the middle of next week. :cool:

P.S. "Silly rabbit". Oh! Im am so hurt. You'll just have to excuse my blubbering. :rolleyes: icon_razz.gif

^^Have you seen the man's neck horta? Fidel castro has tyson's neck if not bigger... Or are we both excluding the fact that you have Man Hands :D:D

On the serious note though: Fidel Castro didn’t deserve this fatwa that is being called on him. See we all have to consider all facts; he is the type of man who always overturning rocks.

Brief history:

Fidel Castro said: He is a man who enjoys his wine

We (Sol Folks) said: yara yara yara , who doesn’t

Fidel Castro said: booty has more value then a booby

We (Sol Folks) said: apples and oranges brother man

And now Fidel Castro said he supports and acknowledges homosexuality

(Well not in those words mind you) :D just to stir the conversation, and when most Sol members all reached for their guns. He went the manly man route (I said it and am sticking to it) any other way and i would said "dude that was gay move" :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Le Femme:

Do you realize what deep shidh you could be in calling those God fearing men hounds?

Ah, well, they're gonna have to take a number. The line is against the wall, single file. :(

checkmate, I never said anything about wine. I can't stand that munkar. It's nice to know folks remember what I say. May be I should start making sense. icon_razz.gif

Castro, granted you’re entitled to spew your vile arguments on this forum, after all we are debating nomads and one would anticipate debased arguments to be presented and supported with great passion. I would even entertain the possibility that you may as well tolerate and refrain to ‘judge’ the sheer immorality and the wicked nature of sexual intercourse between moms and their sons or dads and their daughters as you could always argue that they are ‘two consenting adults’, and, hence, you have no business in judging them. There is a strange land for me and I decided not go.

What I have issues with, however, is your celebratory mood and how you employ your vocabulary with no care at ll. Calling those reject your assertions as hounds is over the line, me thinks. Would you do us favor and halt your festivity a bit and retract that inappropriate name calling. This, mind you, could help keep the peace on this piece of net.

Kashafa   

Ok, Folks. This thread has gone on for 7 pages now. Time to do the recap and after-action report. It started off as a regular "Weird news of the day' item when this here quote set things on fire:

But I've been to gay pride parades before (as a viewer, not a participant) and I see the list of sponsoring companies and think good for them. They're here and they're queer. Who am I to judge?

Needless to say, That is a classical come-lynch-me line. So we upped and lynched him, although he put up one helluva fight. GLAD peeps will certainly reward his effort and passion.

The one suprising factor was the number of Nomads who were either incredibly neutral or decidedly 'pro-tolerance'. Amazing !

Here's a brief recap of where some Nomads stand:

Stop Deviants Now (unequivocally condemn it/zero tolerance):

Xiin

Kashafa

Conspiracy

7 of Nine

MR O

Baashi

Viking

Liiban

Animal Farm

La Femme

All stalwart nomads with their heads screwed on straight(pun not intended)

Tolerate N' Accept Crowd:

Castro

Foxy

Brown

Ceebla

Johnny B

Kreepy Kid

Didn't know we had this much diversity on SOL. We even got liberals :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

quote:

But I've been to gay pride parades before (as a viewer, not a participant) and I see the list of sponsoring companies and think good for them. They're here and they're queer. Who am I to judge?

Needless to say, That is a classical come-lynch-me line. So we upped and lynched him, although he put up one helluva fight. GLAD peeps will certainly reward his effort and passion.

LOOOOOOOL His reward would probably be year's supply of Starbucks coffee and a "queer eye" style makeover of his house and wardrobe!!

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

What I have issues with, however, is your celebratory mood and how you employ your vocabulary with no care at ll.

War ma anaa waalan mise Cadan baa laga heesaya? Xiin, ma sariirtaad xalay ka dhacday atheer? What celebratory mood are you talking about? And how is that unacceptable around here. Oday, waxa kucunaya garan maayee, alle ha kuu sahlo.

I would even entertain the possibility that you may as well tolerate and refrain to ‘judge’ the sheer immorality and the wicked nature of sexual intercourse between moms and their sons or dads and their daughters as you could always argue that they are ‘two consenting adults’

Would even..? May as well...? Could always argue...? Dude, if you wanna be like Castro, acquire a spine and just do it. Don't entertain anything.

Calling those reject your assertions as hounds is over the line, me thinks.

There's a lot of extrapolation and much conspiracy theory in the statement above. If you feel like a hound I can't stop you. I called no one a hound and if you understood the meaning of the phrase, you wouldn't have jumped the gun like you did. I owe you neither an explanation nor apology. Instead, I will refer you to form S103, Petition to remove vile alien. You can fill out that form, have 20 people sign it, then send it to the home office with a check or money order for $100. And if you think I'm in a festive mood, I am. And little you can say can change that, brother.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

What I have issues with, however, is your celebratory mood and how you employ your vocabulary with no care at ll.
Calling those reject your assertions as hounds is over the line, me thinks. Would you do us favor and halt your festivity a bit and retract that inappropriate name calling. This, mind you, could help keep the peace on this piece of net.

^^ Would work if it wasn't preceded by ---->

Castro, granted you’re entitled to spew your vile arguments on this forum, after all we are debating nomads and one would anticipate debased arguments to be presented and supported with great passion.
I would even entertain the possibility that you may as well tolerate and refrain to ‘judge’ the sheer immorality and the wicked nature of sexual intercourse between moms and their sons or dads and their daughters as you could always argue that they are ‘two consenting adults’

Castro may have taken a controversial stand, but I am surprised at the amount of personal attacks being aimed at him.

Then again, personal attacks have become quite popular on SOL recently, haven't they? :rolleyes:

Kashafa   

Then again, personal attacks have become quite popular on SOL recently, haven't they?

Things to do if you can't take the heat: get outa the kitchen/don't tickle the dragon/rent thicker skin.

^^ Now who's signature was that ? smile.gif