Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Slum Dog Millionaire

-Lily-   

The actor kid is from my town.

A lot of Indians didnt like it because it depicted their country as poor, sometimes an outsider can see things objectively.

I heard lots of good things about it, will try to watch it this wkend.

Urban   

BOB! They mainly speak in English, apart from a few subtitled scenes. You and Aaliyah must see it!!

Ibtisam i agree, it was sad the way his brother betrayed him more than once.

Does anyone else think the younger cast were much better than the adults tho?

I think the soundtrack was good, it set the mood for each scene perfectly.

BoB, no you didn't..lool comon man, I am Legend is a great movie and in fact one of Smith's best performance as an actor. Not only did I liked it, I enjoyed it and re-watched it time and time and again.

BOB   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

BoB, no you didn't..lool comon man, I am Legend is a great movie and in fact one of Smith's best performance as an actor. Not only did I liked it, I enjoyed it and re-watched it time and time and again.

I watched it twice believe it or not and I was disappointed to be honest...I didn’t find the idea of watching one man cast appealing...Pursuit of Happyness is my kind of movie...I will even go as far as saying he will never make a better movie than that.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Bob, I cant guarantee that, let me go and watch it first
:D

Ok igu soo ware celi before I waste my few cents on another Bollywood production...even if its made by Europeans...hadee heeso hindi ku jiraan...I'm out of it.

Peace, Love & Unity.

It did well at the Golden Globe..a good indicator how oscars would go.

Wasn't the kid actor in Skins (teenage drama) on BBC America?

Old Indian timers like Anil Kapoor are in it.

Aaliyyah   

Gheelle.T yeah it might be so.

Anyways, just came home am gonna relax for a bit and see what you all so excited about smile.gif

salaam

chubacka   

Originally posted by *BOB:

I watched 7 Pounds couple of weeks ago and to be honest I was disappointed…now the last three movies of Will Smith were joke from I am Legend, Hancock and now this 7 pound where we have a dog that’s vegetarian!
:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

7 pounds was one of the worse films I've ever seen, seriously the amount of money it must of cost to make such complete dribble. :rolleyes:

Blessed   

Urban,

Yes,I loved the young Jamaal and the teen one.

I hate watching movies about child /orphan abuse. It's so depressing and makes me really anxious about raising kids in this world. :(:(:(

Aaliyyah   

^^why would you be anxious to raise kids in this world as you put it??....I understand that one can be anxious abt raising kids in the west in terms of culture n religion. Since, most of us would like to have kids who preserve their culture and religion. But, talking abt kids being abused? i dnt think that applies to our somali community generally speaking thats.....maybe we should talk abt parents being taken for granted....and kids being just out of control.

salaaam

Blessed   

Salaams Aaliyah,

Those are the woes of the privileged, as Ngonge would say.

I'm talking about the story in the film, don't want to give the plot away too much. The movie, though based on a novel is about real issues that take place in the developing world (and developed world to an extent). There are super evil people who take lost children or orphans kids (or even abduct them) and abuse them, and that's putting it mildly.

Zafir   

Blessed and Urban, The young Jamal and Samir had to endured the tragic parts in the scenes. Hence, why they would seem better in their acting(which they really were). I just didn't like the ending of the movie, they made it too hollywood/bollywood. over all it was a good(not great) movie.

I have also seen Seven Pounds, though it was Okey movie I found Will Smith's acting really improved.