Sign in to follow this  
Business_Man

Diraac

Why do some young somali women only wear diraac for weddings and western clothes on other ocassions?. Why not wear Diraac on outings such as going to the shopping mall.

I find diraac sexy and I think our fellow somali sisters should wear it on other ocassions apart from weddings. :cool:

Would love to hear your comments regarding this topic. Sorry if it is to vapid but thats all I can add right now!

Gediid   

Originally posted by Continental Batchelor:

Why do some young somali women only wear dhiraac for weddings and western clothes on other ocassions?. Why not wear Dhiraac on outings such as going to the shopping mall.

I find dhiraac sexy and I think our fellow somali sisters should wear it on other ocassions apart from weddings. :cool:

Would love to hear your comments regarding this topic. Sorry if it is to vapid but thats all I can add right now!

Continental,you voiced similar thoughts I had on Diraac.I also find it extremely SEXY but I think it should be worn at home or among Somalis only.

Ladiif   

I think it should be outlawed(is this a word) to wear outside at all. At home, I'm all for it, Dirac and uunsi, waaba jano 1/2keed!!

I do agree that Dirac (Diric or Diraac) depending your locale is sexy, should be confined to the home, and not even worn to the occasional drop-ins to the neighbouring houses as it is in my opinion in the same category as the Macawis/Hoos Gunti (the Somali kilt). I would not want to see blokes wearing Macawis on the train/bus in the winter or summer. However, if the ladies are quite fond of the garment in itself, or its traditional value and sense of cultural and nationalist fervour, then I reckon it would be nice to be worn with a nice Googarad (the Jibouti style), or Xamaalad (the Hargeysa style), Shalamad/Malkhamad/Fastaleeti (the Bosaso style), leather sandals – not dusty flip flops- (the Mogadishu style), and with traditional Somali queen’s walk and style – the sling of the hand and swivel of the joints in all places (the 60s style).

The “Uunsi” I must admit is one of the unique aphrodisiacs in our culture though young ladies of the 21st century as I have learnt do not quite see the fascination with it by men of old. Where do the young generation (men) stand on that I wonder?

A question I have been meaning to ask the Somali queens has to do with colour co-ordination, religious sisters in particular, well, perhaps I would table that questions another day.

Nice topic. Keep it up!

I tell you why Dirac shouldn't be worn outside the house BECAUSE IT IS TOO DAMN COLD!!!!!

You try to wear it here in the UK where the temperature in the winter goes way below 0 degrees at times. Also it is extremely impractical. Ever tried to run for a bus wearing that piece of garment AND when its raining? Impossible.

Don't get me wrong, I am all up for dirac dressing, as long as it is worn on the appropriate occassion, i.e. @ home or in a wedding.

To all the brothers who find Dirac sexy, why don't you wear MACAWEES? I find that SUCH a MAYOR turn-on!!! ;):D:D

Gediid   

Originally posted by Nefertiti:

To all the brothers who find Dirac sexy, why don't you wear MACAWEES? I find that SUCH a MAYOR turn-on!!!
;):D:D

Ma macawees Nefertiiti ,I never knew it was sexy but now that you mentioned it I'm going Macawees shopping.Any1 in here know a good store in the USA?

:D;)

LuCkY   

Nefertiti come on now...macawiis a TURN ON? :confused:

Gediid dont be so quick to rush to the store bro i think the girL is just puLLing ya Leg.

I personaLLy dont find macawiis to be sexy rather disturbing.

As for the diraac its too much hassLe and too much unwanted attention-the diraac caLLs for.

Changed   

dirac.......lol....that is wack wearin outside walking around half naked.......i dont think so :mad:

macawis a turn on :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gediid   

Lucky

Darn,I just placed an order for some Abu Serandi ones from Ohio. :(:( Nefertitti you gonna pay for misleading me. :mad: :mad:

I luv diruucda. Beautiful, colourful and they make you feel 100% elegant. They are great for weddings but outside on normal errands? Not very practical as nefertiti said.

Lucky,

Ur right, they do cause too much unwanted attention in public. Especially since diracu looks incomplete without dahab to go with it, and you definitely can't wear that outside (unless you would like to be mugged).

Gediid,

Don't worry, macawiistu is sexy, especially if you combine it with a cimaamad. Ooooh! *eyes glaze over*

Ladiif   

Gediid hawbixin sxb, I placed my order too!!

Gedii, kawaran adigo Macawis qaba oo 2 Marduuf oo herari ah isku furfurtay. Darmuus shaahii layaqaanay dhinaca bidix, Sigaar Embassy ku horyaal, Heeso qaaci ah iyo liilaloowdii iyo kabankii dananayo ooy fooxii saas loogu tuurayo jaba, oo isla markaana tu yar ood aad iyo aad u jeceshahay oo naftaadabu maan raacday hortaada mar marayso iyadoo sidata qalabkii lugu yaqaanay hablaha somaliyeed, of course hubkeeduna dhamaystiran yahay, "Afku qalin madoow,dhexdu taako qabad suniyaha bildhalatiyo.....sidii qaanso lugu dhigay" uunsiga aad sanka laraacayso marba dhenacey kaa marto. Dirac miyaad tidhaa mise laafyaha ayaaba iiga daran!!

Ladiif!

Gediid   

Latiif

Waaban suuxi lahaa,sarjoogaan ka dhici lahaa ,sariir baa leysexin lahaa.

Of caleek yaa intaa isku hela :D:D:D

Barwaaqo

Of course, why not...say when n I will don the whole outfit ;)

LuCkY   

No i sure as HeLL dont wanna get mugged but you can aLways wear a LittLe neckLace/earrings/braceLet-some Lighweight goLd not the heavy stuff that the mammas be sporting at the weddings and aLL.

The diraac becomes very usefuL during the summer when its reaLLy hot-so some peopLe toLd me.

A7LA-SHU   

dirac outside? heck no.. for reals who u gonna walk around? i have hard time wearin it to weddins.. u know how long that thing is? and plus it is walkin half way naked. my dad would kill me if i even thought about it forget wearin it..

plus as one of the sisters said dirac looks SEXY when u have the full gold or silver and make up with it.. atleast to me..