Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Protein Shake

Blessed   

Just add fresh fruit like a banana, strawberry, dates, (whatever that's in season but avoid acidic fruit). Add about two table spoons of frozen yogurt / ice cream or a few ice cubes and blend with the powder.

Urban   

Do you mean making your own protein shake at home, or adding ingredients to a whey protein powder?

When I couldn't afford (and was scared of using) protein powders, I blended cottage cheese with banana and a little bit of honey. It was a very thick 'shake but it's not bad at all.

MZanzi   

Urban so does it workd ...i wanna tell my brother to stop spending all his hard earned cash with supplements?

did u gain some lean muslce lol using ur own home made protein shakes

Aaliyyah   

Afro I think you should tell your brother to stop taking it. Those supplements have side effects on the long run.

There's nothing better than eating healthy and working out.

salaam

MZanzi   

Aaaliyah he doesnt wanna take my advice and when ever i say to him diz supplements have side effects waxu yiraahda i rather look good and die young ..marka let him be lol ......

Chimera   

^Legal supplements like Whey protein,glutamine, creatine etc don't have side effects, if those are the products your brother is using then he has nothing to worry about.

B.G:

-Moos

-Honey

-Strawberries

-Milk

-Oatmeal

-Tuna

-boiled egg

-Hilib

-Onions & Garlic

mix

then report back to us :D

Urban   

There's absolutely no harm in using whey protein powder, infact it's a must for anyone who works out seriously. As soon as the word supplement is mentioned, people assume they have side effects, but they're just there to supplement a healthy diet. Many people supplement with vitamins but you don't hear anything, only when protein is mentioned do you get the weird looks..

Afro, depending on which product your brother uses, the only side effect are some rancid farts :D . He'll be fine.

So to answer your question sis, I haven't used that recipe long enough to notice any difference, but I'm sure it is nutritious enough.

Back in the day bodybuilders used to drink tuna milkshakes to get the required amount of protein after working out, long before whey powder came.

Fabregas   

I am trying to put on weight as a slim SOmalian- but whey protein powder is 2 expensive....especially in da credit crunch....and being student..and whatnot........

quote Adam aL Zeylaci :-Moos

-Honey

-Strawberries

-Milk

-Oatmeal

-Tuna

-boiled egg

-Hilib

-Onions & Garlic

Are you serious bro? :D Tuna with honey and strawberries? Something more tasty please?

@Aliyah..protein shakes have no side effects.....except for the one Urban mentioned :D

ps.thanks for all the responses.......

Chimera   

lmao don't want your death on my conscience, so don't try that recipe sxb :D

but next time don't buy those tasteless products but opt for a strawberry flav. or chocolate/vanilla

edit: omit Garlic/Onions/Tuna/Hilib from the recipe and you will have a good shake full of Carbs and Proteins

Chimera   

Lol Afro are you stalking the brother? j/k

btw i got a scare from the music in his personal website cause the volume in my headphones was very high