Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Prince William

Hello Nomads.

As most of you are aware, i live in Amerika and the Amerikaan media is not known for showing anything foreign.

I was watching Prince William (prince of wales) on the Discovery Channel last nite, and when the program ended they had little forum discussion about it and had peope call in to say something. One guy called in and said "Is the prince also the President in UK". I was really shocked to hear that, which brings me to my question. Why do the Amerikaans know so little about the world? Even when i was in Kenya, i knew there were 50 states in the Union *the US had a congress, president and all the usual.

Macalin   

Ninka wallahi U amaze me!@..dude u one son of a GUN!..lol

My Put in thi is that...Amerika is too BIG, u barely have time for Others.

We in amerika work too damn many hrs, theres a lot of variety in TV...i know i aint gonna watch some cheezzy topic abt the world affairs when the 'the price is right' is on..or idol is ON-LOL

Thats how We are..we just don see it important for us to Know many things abt the rest of the world coz to US, the rest of the world, is IN THE USA..lol

Why go to europe when i can go to YOSEMITE?, or Virgina beach?, We keep it home and we LOVE it..lol

By the way this lil prince went to kenya and apparently is learnin some swahili!..cool EH!

Adna   

salaama calaykum

walaakiis i know they don't now none about the world but they have a lot to focus on other thing like run after muslimiinta ilaahay ha qabtee,, specially white folks are the dumest cuz this white kiddo i went school with huuuuuuuh,,, he didn't even know the next city, that he lived in,, so ha' isku daalin this ppl they are just like that,,, this is really funny i was in high school this boy said where is you country this other somlai boy said ooh yeah my country is next to texas and guess what he believed untill his geography teacher told himm,,,,,,, loooooooool,, any ways that is the way they are,,,,

Macalin   

SXB am a NOMAD, i live meel walbo!

ani nafteeyda waan YAABANAHAY!..lol

Kasoco adeer hadaladaas!....see Ya

Ariadne   

My Put in thi is that...Amerika is too BIG, u barely have time for Others.

Canada has way more land than America and better academics might I add. So the excuse of it being too big is baloney. Unless you meant too overcrowded, but thats not even a good excuse look at overcrowded places like Japan or Hong Kong. Theres a lot of people there and yet they are still smart.

Thats how We are..we just don see it important for us to Know many things abt the rest of the world coz to US, the rest of the world, is IN THE USA..lol

That's a redneck way of thinking.

BTW

Nin- Yaaban: Shouldn't this topic be named how Dumb are those Yanks?! instead of Prince William...just a suggestion :D

Senora   

Why do the Amerikaans know so little about the world?

the world...? what about our own country....there were those embarrassing remarks about the citizenship test taken in the U.S....for several years, people went around asking ordinary people questions you'll find on a typical citizenship test....it was so shameful to see fellow americans not knowing a thing about american history or present day facts about our government...and instead of using these reoccurring incidents as tactics to motivate people to pay more attention to how their government works...they just used it as entertainment...at first i use to think it was funny...but after a while i just felt sorry for those *****s...its all about what we as americans prioritize...and sadly enough, your not going to find many people motivating you to learn "about the world around us"...its all about making our counrty the best, forget everyone else..... :rolleyes: ( i know im gonna regret saying that one day, especially if i have dreams to be in congress ).....oh well...i guess this was one of the reasons i decided to change my major to foreign policies

Other cultures or nationalities know about America because it is glamorized and made fascinating to them. We watch their movies in our nations, because nothing is better than Hollywood’s movies. We (other nations) allow America to set the fashion trends, which most of the world uses. And Americans are great in using media and marketing themselves to other countries. Their music is world dominate, you know what they always said “if an artist wants to gain international popularity then make it big in USA” They have used globalization to their best advantage and put themselves in forefront of many countries. While American are busy with their lives and being consumed by their daily lives and their sense of arrogance and power, by the way steaming from other countries idolization attitudes toward America, that they feel no need to exert themselves to learn and be educated about other cultures. Can one blame people who are taught they have everything everyone else wants to try and look outside of their own little box? Nah

What are u all thinking ur not even American's......ur American imagrants... :eek: .....American people are to ignorant and think they're better then the rest of the world and thats the only reason it isn't cause they busy and stuff what kinda excuse is that people in other countries got lifes too u know......and they know a lot.....

Somali people u aint Americans so dont try to answer anything......Somali people in Somalia dont even know anything about Other countries cause all they think about is Qabil just like all American people think about money.....If u dont know much about other countries it's mostly cause u dont care to know.....

Originally posted by Section6er

um who is prince william?

LOOOOOOOOl did the term PRINCE signify anyone remotly important at all???? If the answer is no then it is time to pick up your OXFORD CONCISE DICTIONARY and start leafing through it!! Good Luck :D .

Sweet_gal well said sis I am hereby appointing you as the official spokes woman of this topic. Much obliged.

~QoxootiMammi~

Sweet-gal, weren't all americans immigrants at one time in their lives. And I am an American citizens and i have lived in this country for the past 10 years. And anyone who lives in any country for a long period of time, has adapted to that culture even if they don't identify with everything that culture stands for. So i believe people can speak for Americans, because we live the american life style and we are part of this society.